Jim's autograph

Started by mmj37, Dec 04, 2006, 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmj37

Does anyone know why Jim signs a "#37" with his signature whenever he autographs something?

sweatboard

I think he mentioned that it's just his number.  Jim James #37
There's Still Time.........

red

mmj37

QuoteI think he mentioned that it's just his number.  Jim James #37
Hmm... how neat.

Angry Ewok

I asked Jim about that. He had the funniest grin, and twinkle in his eye - it means something, I doubt it's just a random number yanked from the sky.

Yeah, he wouldn't tell me... lol
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

leafygreens

I have an autograph from Jim and it's a #34, not 37.    He also signed my name with a "4" as in "For ______", which I thought was fun.

I have no clue what it means either.  I do know that I have a number that "follows" me.  Some people just have numbers.

bug

You're being stalked by a number?
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

leafygreens

bug

Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI have an autograph from Jim and it's a #34, not 37.    He also signed my name with a "4" as in "For ______", which I thought was fun.

I have no clue what it means either.  I do know that I have a number that "follows" me.  Some people just have numbers.
I think maybe your 7 looks like a 4  because he does sign 37...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

leafygreens

hmm...well even before I obtained my autograph I remember reading other people say it was a #34.

(http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=themusic;action=display;num=1162141623;start=76#76)

Here's an excerpt from my autograph (I cropped it out cause it's got my name and stuff on it):

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/lizza3/JJS1.jpg

leafygreens

megisnotreal

Yeah, I got one of his picks from this tour. It's got his signature and the number 34.

sweatboard

I think he was 34 before the off season trade, someone already had 34 so he had to take 37.

dragonboy

QuoteHere's an excerpt from my autograph (I cropped it out cause it's got my name and stuff on it)
What, you mean your name isn't Leafygreens?!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

It definately looks like a four but it could be a seven with a loopy top.  It would be awfully exagerated but very possible. I'm just sayin'
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

The signed poster I received at the Charleston show has a #34.

mmj37

QuoteIt definately looks like a four but it could be a seven with a loopy top.  It would be awfully exagerated but very possible. I'm just sayin'
That was my thinking.

.Walt

where did you folks get the autographs at?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

sweatboard

Quotewhere did you folks get the autographs at?

When they aren't on tour Jim does autograph sessions at Ramada Inn's around the country.  You have to wait in line for like an hour and he won't personalize anything but it's still worth it.