Author Topic: New Jim Solo Album  (Read 13795 times)

Cameron

• got that old time feeling
Re: New Jim Solo Album
« Reply #80 on: Jun 12, 2018, 12:00 PM »
sounds great.  can't wait!

Shug

• Sugartown
« Reply #81 on: Jun 12, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Wow, that is a thrilling preview report, Oistheone, count me as one who has not been all that thrilled with Jim's solo stuff who is pumped for this one based on the first two songs released and the descriptions from those who have heard it.  I hope they do a full tour for this one, whether its Jim with a band or Jacket.  I haven't seen Jacket since 2015 and that fucking sucks, so I'm primed!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Stevie

« Reply #82 on: Jun 12, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Well..  if you happen to have a file or a link for the album, definitely dont pm me with any sort of information. 

PookdaddyG

« Reply #83 on: Jun 13, 2018, 08:06 AM »
That sounds fantastic! I picked up the ATO single today, and liked what I heard. Speaking of which, has anyone else hear the b side-- Yaki Soba?

MOWJO8185

• senior member sr.
« Reply #84 on: Jun 13, 2018, 10:48 AM »
I would really hate a pm as well. Please don't do that to me.

justbcuzido

« Reply #85 on: Jun 13, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Well..  if you happen to have a file or a link for the album, definitely dont pm me with any sort of information. 

Same here, a PM would be just the worst ;)
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

crooney

« Reply #86 on: Jun 13, 2018, 11:25 AM »
same here folks,  any leads on how to hear would be most appreciated.

Brother Beck

« Reply #87 on: Jun 13, 2018, 09:35 PM »
I have not heard the b-side Yaki Soba, but I would definitely love to if you are feeling generous.....

I am getting the feeling that for whatever reason the whole band didn't want to get back together for The Waterfall Part 2 and that some of that material ended up becoming this album.  I could be wrong.  It has happened before. 

joely_91

« Reply #88 on: Jun 14, 2018, 04:02 AM »
I'd love to hear Yaki Soba as well. No way of getting the track here in Australia from our record stores. :(

searchinbig

• ...You never gotta fight with me......
« Reply #89 on: Jun 14, 2018, 12:14 PM »
You can buy the 45 on ebay. Dirt cheap. Less than what I paid with delivery.

It includes a download card.
Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule.

gardenparty

• www.bewareofsafety.com
« Reply #90 on: Jun 14, 2018, 12:27 PM »

I am getting the feeling that for whatever reason the whole band didn't want to get back together for The Waterfall Part 2 and that some of that material ended up becoming this album.  I could be wrong.  It has happened before. 

I'm thinking the same

dookie shoot bandit

• senior member sr.
« Reply #91 on: Jun 14, 2018, 01:19 PM »

I'm thinking the same

I agree 100%

Here is my post, 2 weeks ago, a couple pages back, regarding the same thoughts

“Just listened to Throwback about 20 times on my way in to work. I’m really excited and have high hopes for this album!!

As I am driving, I got to thinking.
With the inclusion of Throwback ...
What are the possibilities?
That this album.... is and was supposed to be, “The Waterfall: B Sides/Part 2”???🤔”

The DARK

• Like Continuous Thunder
« Reply #92 on: Jun 14, 2018, 01:38 PM »
I’m not sure, wasn’t the Waterfall “twin” album supposed to be less rock-oriented and more experimental? That doesn’t fit the description of these songs at all. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.
In another time, in another place, in another face

jttouch2

« Reply #93 on: Jun 14, 2018, 02:03 PM »
I’m not sure, wasn’t the Waterfall “twin” album supposed to be less rock-oriented and more experimental? That doesn’t fit the description of these songs at all. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.
That makes sense in listening to Magic Bullet & The First Time, which both came from the same Waterfall sessions supposedly.

dookie shoot bandit

• senior member sr.
« Reply #94 on: Jun 14, 2018, 02:59 PM »
That makes sense in listening to Magic Bullet & The First Time, which both came from the same Waterfall sessions supposedly.

We all know Jim is always hard at work and doing something all the time. But I just feel thatvthis album announcement came out of nowhere. The last mention to anything was a possible live album and the Waterfall B sides... and then this comes out.
Could be far off, just a thought

subinai

« Reply #95 on: Jun 14, 2018, 03:39 PM »

We all know Jim is always hard at work and doing something all the time. But I just feel thatvthis album announcement came out of nowhere. The last mention to anything was a possible live album and the Waterfall B sides... and then this comes out.
Could be far off, just a thought

I am with you on this.

logan5ive

• senior member sr.
« Reply #96 on: Jun 15, 2018, 11:12 AM »
05[11/18]-06[11/16-17]-08[6/20,8/23,12/31]-11[12/07]-12[8/03-04,12/27-29,12/31]-13[7/2]

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #97 on: Jun 15, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Not sure if this is where to post this but this seems to be the hot Jim James thread right now.
He's going to be on Steve Hyden's Celebration Rock Podcast next Monday the 18th.

Big show on Monday: My guest is Jim James. We talk about his really good new solo LP, UNIFORM DISTORTION, and the status of two (!) My Morning Jacket albums that are still in the can and almost ready to be released.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

gardenparty

• www.bewareofsafety.com
« Reply #98 on: Jun 15, 2018, 04:32 PM »
excellent.  thanks for sharing!

Brother Beck

« Reply #99 on: Jun 16, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Can you confirm that the clear vinyl for Just A Fool has the b-side and comes with a download card...?  I don't mind paying for it but I have no way to play vinyl.