Author Topic: Favorite Jim Solo Song  (Read 721 times)

e-stone

Re: Favorite Jim Solo Song
« Reply #20 on: Jul 13, 2018, 06:07 PM »
this won't be a popular choice, but "Talking Empty Bed Blues" gives me those old time Jacket feelings in a BIG way.  more than anything else released in the last 10+ years (yes i'm one of those still holding out hope for At Dawn pt II).  especially the Demo version found on Let's Multiply

dogwoody

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2018, 08:49 PM »
this won't be a popular choice, but "Talking Empty Bed Blues" gives me those old time Jacket feelings in a BIG way.  more than anything else released in the last 10+ years (yes i'm one of those still holding out hope for At Dawn pt II).  especially the Demo version found on Let's Multiply

this is incredible and I can't believe i've never heard it before. Thank you

millerjustin

• got that old time feeling
« Reply #22 on: Jul 16, 2018, 12:25 PM »
have you guys heard Jim's sit in with Gov't Mule for "Captured" on their compilation album "Shout"?

holy moly
What's in here won't disappear

Mr. White

• got that old time feeling
« Reply #23 on: Jul 16, 2018, 01:23 PM »
have you guys heard Jim's sit in with Gov't Mule for "Captured" on their compilation album "Shout"?

holy moly

I love that song! I have a folder of Jim and MMJ Covers and Rare Songs I've made CD's from and sometimes play while I'm mowing or doing other work around the house/yard. "Captured" has some moments that remind me of Pink Floyd. It's a very cool song.

Lucius

« Reply #24 on: Jul 16, 2018, 08:25 PM »
My favourite has always been In The Moment. It's just SO smooth and sexy. The final "In the moment, no hesitating" chant (wasn't sure if it counts as a chorus?) that starts at 2:38 is pure sex! :cheesy: (come to think of it there's actually nothing I dislike about Eternally Even - I think it's a perfect record!)

However, No Secrets has arrived and it's kind of becoming a serious constant in my life so, we'll see!

Twitter - @MrsKray FB - Theboywhokeptfallingover Insta - lleewwiissnneewwttoonn

RobRoy286

• senior member sr.
« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Of the Mother Again