Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Quote from: Stevie on May 10, 2019, 04:13 AMIt just hit me today... this forum used to be in my everyday rotation..  i dont know if some of you do this but i have a series of websites that just kind of roll off my fingers every time i jump on my laptop.  a couple forums, some sports sites, weather, facebook, whatever.  i used to come here every day.  it's been a long long time since that has been the case and i dont remember when that happened.  this feels dead. 

that's all i got, no positive spin.. just despair. 

Cool! Thanks for stopping by  :thumbsup:
Anytime

walterfredo

This place doesn't get a lot of action these days, I think everyone is on facebook. I'm still ISO one saturday Red Rocks ticket, if anyone sees one on the facebook group, please let me know. Thank you!

sillyboob

Quote from: walterfredo on May 14, 2019, 12:23 PMThis place doesn't get a lot of action these days, I think everyone is on facebook. I'm still ISO one saturday Red Rocks ticket, if anyone sees one on the facebook group, please let me know. Thank you!

I think as the shows get closer, this page will heat up a bit, but yes, it seems mostly like the Facebook page is the place to be.

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

davymac

Quote from: sillyboob on May 14, 2019, 03:29 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 14, 2019, 12:23 PMThis place doesn't get a lot of action these days, I think everyone is on facebook. I'm still ISO one saturday Red Rocks ticket, if anyone sees one on the facebook group, please let me know. Thank you!

I think as the shows get closer, this page will heat up a bit, but yes, it seems mostly like the Facebook page is the place to be.

It blows my mind people are still on Facebook.  Our MMJ friends will come back here one day.  Facebook is shit and becoming irrelevant

Mr. White

Quote from: davymac on May 15, 2019, 06:56 AM

It blows my mind people are still on Facebook.  Our MMJ friends will come back here one day.  Facebook is shit and becoming irrelevant
Yes! I agree.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Mr. White on May 15, 2019, 09:27 AM
Quote from: davymac on May 15, 2019, 06:56 AM

Yes! I agree.

I've never joined facebook and never plan to.  Forums are about the only social media I follow. I don't do Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.  Guess I'm just old school.  I do know my teenage kids have never joined Facebook either if that says something about it's irrelevance!

rkwedge

Quote from: iLikeBeer on May 15, 2019, 12:47 PMI've never joined facebook and never plan to.  Forums are about the only social media I follow. I don't do Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.  Guess I'm just old school.  I do know my teenage kids have never joined Facebook either if that says something about it's irrelevance!
Same here, just old school too. Sounds like you have smart kids! :smiley:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

walterfredo

Quote from: iLikeBeer on May 15, 2019, 12:47 PMI've never joined facebook and never plan to.  Forums are about the only social media I follow. I don't do Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.  Guess I'm just old school.  I do know my teenage kids have never joined Facebook either if that says something about it's irrelevance!

ditto, on all accounts! including the teenager facebook part. I have 3 (17, 18 and 20) none of which are on facebook at all.

Anyone have an extra Saturday :)

subinai

really hoping these will be streamed somewhere somehow

ericm

Quote from: subinai on May 16, 2019, 10:02 AMreally hoping these will be streamed somewhere somehow

I hope the video is streamed too so all who can't make the show can watch but the last time they played Forrest Hills, WFUV (90.7 in NYC) streamed the audio. Hopefully they do it again and we at least have that.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Let's hope and pray that Pat Myers is there!

sillyboob

So I'm wondering if the band is looking at these three shows as a three night run, no repeats type of deal.  I think that'd be a cool thing.

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 03, 2019, 03:19 PMSo I'm wondering if the band is looking at these three shows as a three night run, no repeats type of deal.  I think that'd be a cool thing.
My guess would be no. I think these shows are going to be Tennessee Fire heavy both location with the 20th anniversary of the album coming out at the same time. Just my guess!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 03, 2019, 03:54 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 03, 2019, 03:19 PMSo I'm wondering if the band is looking at these three shows as a three night run, no repeats type of deal.  I think that'd be a cool thing.
My guess would be no. I think these shows are going to be Tennessee Fire heavy both location with the 20th anniversary of the album coming out at the same time. Just my guess!

Yeah, I hear you.  I was thinking if they do a no-repeat run, we'd definitely get TFF over the three nights, given the timing.  Either way, it's going to be fun seeing what they play.

Woody

I would say no repeats at Red Rocks but Forest Hills will be open game.

MOWJO8185

Quote from: Woody on Jun 03, 2019, 04:29 PM

I think this is likely. Red Rocks gets two unique sets and Forest Hills I would guess is all the staples with a few rarer gems tossed in, hopefully some of which were not also played at Red Rocks.

Cameron

Still waiting for prices to go down...

oistheone

I'm sure there will be another drop, but someone on StubHub posted some (comparatively) reasonably priced reserved tickets in the 32nd row  and I couldn't help myself.

Hurts to take that hit but now I'm 100% IN BABY!

ericm

Quote from: Woody on Jun 03, 2019, 04:29 PM

This is the correct answer. 😉
"Where's Jim going?"

Cameron

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 03, 2019, 05:37 PMI'm sure there will be another drop, but someone on StubHub posted some (comparatively) reasonably priced reserved tickets in the 32nd row  and I couldn't help myself.

Hurts to take that hit but now I'm 100% IN BABY!

I was just given the responsibility to get them for 6 of us for my buddy's 40th that wasn't planned until after the on sale. We'll be there one way or another though.