Main Menu

Lark Hall

Started by parkervb, Aug 15, 2019, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

so reading the Tom interview, TLN linked to a post about Lark Hall opening up this past weekend. Lark Hall just happens to be owned and operated by the Millers (millerjustin) and just had its first shows featuring Deer Tick and CARL!

https://nysmusic.com/2019/08/14/renovated-lark-hall-opens-doors-with-carl-broemel-of-my-morning-jacket-deer-tick

Congrats to them for taking a huge leap of faith and for bringing a great music venue to their community! The spot looks absolutely gorgeous.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Congrats and good luck to you millerjustinjennifer on this terrific venture. I hope to see it in person one day!

sillyboob

This is really cool to see. Congratulations on doing something that is clearly a labor of love.  Wishing you nothing but success!!!  And you really kicked things off with a great 1 - 2 punch!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

CountSA

Congratulations Justin!

millerjustin

aw man - just seeing this thread now.  Thanks guys!

And yes, a true labor of love for the past couple of years & we're getting close to completing renovations and hosting proper shows early next year.  I joked with Carl that Lark Hall sometimes feels like my own personal pontoon boat full of old lumber (inside joke for those who saw his pledge music page), but nights like that one make it all worthwhile (it's all worthwhile....)

Couldn't imagine a better way to test out the room than by having Carl there.  It was an amazing evening that we'll never forget (still processing!).  Most of the credit goes to Matt Hueston for stepping up on the Pledge Music booking and then adding Ian and Dennis from Deer Tick, who are literally the most humble and genuine guys ever.  Carl was super cool, laid back and had some fun with us afterward playing ping pong in my wife Jenn's yoga studio downstairs.  It was a real hoot!  I'll have soundboards ripped this week and will post a link here if anyone's interested

I'll keep folks posted here with some gratuitous self promotion & show warnings - hoping to keep this kind of vibe as a theme and curate some special stuff.

PS:  Jay - if you're reading this, I promise to radiate positivity always and forever now!  thanks again bud
What's in here won't disappear