Main Menu

Peace Now!

Started by Mr. White, Jan 03, 2020, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

This is the Peace Now! or No More War! thread.

Post what you will, as long as it is Pro Peace and Anti War.

If you want to post Pro War stuff, start your own thread.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket - Give Peace A Chance - 8/12/2017

ericm

Happy New Year Mr. White and a great thread to start the year.  :thumbsup:

Even with all the rain, long wait and short show, I consider myself one of the lucky ones to be there at Mass MoCa and be a part of that great opener. I hope the vibe of that performance will not only stay with everyone who was there but will also be felt by everyone else too.  :beer:

Peace
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Thanks ericm!

Here's an image I saved from my fight against the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq that lead to the still ongoing Iraq War back in 2002-03.

It means a lot to me, and I have used the phrase "Patriot For Peace" as my moto for a long time now. It means a lot to me because I fought in the Persian Gulf War of 1991 on board the USS Bunker Hill CG-52 (launched the first Tomahawk missiles on the night of January 17, 1991). Now, I am totally against war.

I go with what fellow war veteran and historian Howard Zinn said, "We need to decide that we will not go to war, whatever reason is conjured up by the politicians or the media, because war in our time is always indiscriminate, a war against innocents, a war against children. War is terrorism, magnified a hundred times."
HOWARD ZINN, The Progressive, Nov. 2001

sillyboob

More people need to read Howard Zinn.

Great thread Mr. White.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.