Dear God with the Roots

Started by jbrandt8, Jun 19, 2010, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsy

http://www.hulu.com/watch/157178/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-the-roots-dear-god

hell yes.  this is sweet.  will someone please tell me how to get this song on my computer.  

if they whip something like this out in NYC my mind melt

rusty95

Top notch musicians makin top notch music.  Nice.  ;D
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

FiddleCastro

QuoteTop notch musicians makin top notch music.  Nice.  ;D

Doesn't get much better than that.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

DaFunkyPrecedent

just got an advanced copy of the new Roots album and all I can say is that The Roots have outdone themselves.  Incredible album, full of thought provoking vocals, intelligent samples and an incredible full and tight sound coming from ?uest Love and The Band.
God damn those shaky knees.

tdb810

Quotehttp://www.hulu.com/watch/157178/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-the-roots-dear-god

hell yes.  this is sweet.  will someone please tell me how to get this song on my computer.  

the roots album is coming out 6/22.....
.....Back at the Model Home

DaFunkyPrecedent

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quotehttp://www.hulu.com/watch/157178/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-the-roots-dear-god

Follow this link and then right click the blue Dear God 2.0 link on the blog site. a download should follow immediately.

johnnYYac

Follow this link and then right click the blue Dear God 2.0 link on the blog site. a download should follow immediately.

Je ne comprende pas.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

j_rud

I read about this on a blog a few weeks ago and was able to track it down on a hip hop site, I really like it. Is there another musician out there right now turning out more quality music than Jim James? The man is a freaking machine. Side projects, cover albums, guest appearances, benefit and tribute albums, starting a record label...Im just waiting for it to be discovered that he's really an alien rock-disco robot from the planet Funkatron.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Kenny76

wowowow I just saw this performance... it's so beautifully treated and sums up my feelings very well.

love the Roots... I bought a used mp3 player that had three of their albums on it, which I'm very grateful for!

Coltrane

more beef and broccoli, indeed!!!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

touchingmept2

"why is the world ugly if you made it in your image?"...classic!!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

searchinbig

I'm surprised that there's not much talk about this here. That was awesome. Wonder how these guys hooked up?

Funny thing as my daughter and I drive I turn her on to MMJ and she turns me on to Rap. We watched this and she now is fighting with my wife about who's coming with me to NYC in Rocktober. Fuckin awesome!

But seriously this is why I love this guy. Does he ever stop? Strings, JJ and rap together. Take some lessons world.  :)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Honest Man

I am not a fan of new hip hop or rap whatsoever, but this version is amazing. Lyrics are so solid. I would listen to the Roots anyday.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

The whole album is great.  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

KingRhinoNJ

.... Saw the Roots last week with John Legend at the Brooklyn Bowl

... Awesome show

CC

Fallon posted this again today as one of his all-time favorites