Main Menu

Pearl Jam

Started by waxy, Aug 24, 2005, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorkoLad

QuoteWhen I go to the Red Mosquito message board I can't see the PJ Discussion, or The Live thread what is going on?  

same here..i thought it was because i was banned, apparently not.

not really sure...
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

fitzcarraldo

"Can you imagine Eddie's low mixed with Jim's high and then they could get out the little vocal machine Eddie uses on ARC when he did it live to layer the vocals and turn the venue into a Swirling Vocal Mind Bending Oblivion."

Oh Yeah!, Sweatboard!!! That's a nice aural pic in my head right now. Whoa!!!! Cheers, and Hard to Imagine. DAMN!!! That's a killer.  

Tree

here a nice picture (At The Gorge)

waxy

QuoteWhen I go to the Red Mosquito message board I can't see the PJ Discussion, or The Live thread what is going on?  

Here's why:  

They are trying to cut down on the lurker traffic.  Aparently, when lurkers are there just to check out the setlist updates, the board slows down considerably...you have to actually join and log in to see those forums, now.  Just today over 250 new registered useres signed up.  

*Balki, you're fucked.   :-/
makes much more sense to live in the present tense

waxy

Vancouver set:

Preset: Poor Girl (Ed w/ Supersuckers)

Main Set: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given to Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Even Flow, Better Man/(mystery tag), 1/2 Full, Daughter/(WMA)/(mystery tag), Wishlist, Lukin, Grievance, Immortality, Nothingman, Down, Do the Evolution, Blood

Encore 1: Footsteps, Elderly Woman, U, Alive

Encore 2: Bee Girl, Black, Porch

Encore 3: I Believe in Miracles, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

waxy

Calgary

Main Set:
Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy, Whipping, Hail Hail, DTE, Given to Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, MFC, Daughter, Alone, Insignificance, Not For You, Black/(We Belong Together), Save You, RVM

Encore #1:
Small Town, Thumbing My Way, Sleight of Hand, Hard to Imagine, Alive

Encore #2:
Betterman/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend), Last Kiss, RITFW, Yellow Ledbetter

Tree

they started with oceans very nice...love that one!

Tree

.::: 05.09.2005 - Edmonton, CAN - Rexall Place :::.

Set: Release, Go, Save You, STBC, NAIS, Daughter/(tag had the lyrics Dream Baby Dream), Even Flow, Betterman, I Am Mine, Grievance, Elderly Woman, Sad, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Wishlist, Animal, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: LBC, Crazy Mary, Jeremy, Porch

Encore 2: Fuckin' Up, YL

waxy

Quote.::: 05.09.2005 - Edmonton, CAN - Rexall Place :::.

Set: Release, Go, Save You, STBC, NAIS, Daughter/(tag had the lyrics Dream Baby Dream), Even Flow, Betterman, I Am Mine, Grievance, Elderly Woman, Sad, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Wishlist, Animal, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: LBC, Crazy Mary, Jeremy, Porch

Encore 2: Fuckin' Up, YL

so far (set wise) this is the weakest show so far of this tour.

Tree

ok "only" 23 songs

waxy

Quoteok "only" 23 songs

when you compare that to the usual 26-27 songs, plus the repetive setlist songs of this show...thats what makes this one a little sub par for me.

Tree

of course! the gorge had more than 30 songs.

*sry didn´t read the "set wise" in your post! ;)

jimmy_jazz

saw the calgary show. amazing. havn't seen them since 2002 and kind of fell out of touch.  i'm definatly back as a fan.  intense crowd.  downloaded the show last night and it sounds great. included pics from the show and cover art.  highly reccomend the application if your looking to get a show quick.

HorkoLad

I farted in this thread  :-/
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

waxy

QuoteI farted in this thread  :-/

grow up

Willy_Glen

to me, Pearl Jam are the best band of the past 15 years or so. They are just about as perfect as a band could be, and a no doubter hall of fame band.
 My Morning Jacket is, in my opinion, the second best band behind pearl jam, because the music comes first, and it's great. but they both are very similiar in their approach and doing it the right way and having so much integrity.

My dream is to see a double bill of the two bands, or Ed show up for a song during a MMJ show.  But if I miss it i might cry. I wonder if Jim is a fan of pearl jam or if Ed is a fan of them, i'm pretty sure they both are, they must be.

See You PJ Fans In Montreal, 8 Days!

yieldgirl

they played Given to Fly for the reliev concert tonight!
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

e_wind

i hear rumors of Pearl Jam touring this fall with Gaslight Anthem opening...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Wow, you've unearthed a scene from Battle for the Planet of the Apes!  A Pearl Jam thread from '05!  You damn, dirty ape!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.