now i feel bad.
ugh. :-[

or
visions of johanna by mr. bob dylan

red

Easy - Here Comes the Sun.  

Chalk another up for George..

sweatboard

This wasn't really as hard as I thought it was going to be.  It used to be "Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam but now it's...............

[size=48]PHONE WENT WEST!!!![/size]
There's Still Time.........

BH

QuoteJane's Addiction - Three Days

Such a sexy song with a killa bass line and probably one of the greatest geetar solos EVER! I can never get enough of this one.  And the song that comes right after.  :)

Nice choice!  I am going to have to break that one back out.  It is definately my favorite Jane's song.  With Whores a close second.

Dogs and Yellow Ledbetter are also fantastic choices.

I also have a hard time picking one song so I am going to go with the song that I try to live my life by.  It's hard sometimes but I try.  I have no idea what Waters was thinking when I wrote it but to me, it says to live life to the fullest and follow your dreams.  The same message I get from Bermuda Highway.

FREE FOUR by pink floyd

one two free four

the memories of a man in his old age
are the deeds of a man in his prime
you shuffle in gloom of the sick room
and talk to yourself as you die

life is a short warm moment
and death is a long cold rest
you get your chance to try
in the twinkling of an eye
eighty years with luck or even less

so all aboard for the american tour
and maybe you'll make it to the top
but mind how you go
and I can tell you 'cos I know
you may find it hard to get off

but you are the angel of death
and I am the dead man's son
he was buried like a mole in a fox-hole
and everyone's still on the run

and who is the master of fox hounds
and who says the hunt has begun
and who calls the tune in the courtroom
and who beats the funeral drum

the memories of a man in his old age
are the deeds of a man in his prime
you shuffle in gloom in the sickroom
and talk to yourself til you die
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

QuoteWe had the same thread...a year or so ago? can't remember when...
Anyway, I decided then that I would have to go with Patsy Cline's cover of Crazy.
Choosing one fav song is damn near impossible but Crazy has been one of my fav songs for longer than any other & I never get tired of hearing it, that's why it gets my vote.

GREAT choice! And I thought I might be the only one around here with Patsy on their ipod.   ;)   As for me, I just can not do it ....... :-[ too many that make me feel good or the way I am supposed to feel at that moment.  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Quotei'm trapped in my house cuz austin is having an ice "storm." and my roommate is gone. so i'm starting this thread.

what is your #1 favorite song ever and you can only pick ONE.
mine is "laughing" by david crosby because i can listen to it when i'm happy or sad and it makes me cry. it's perfect for cold or hot weather. it's my favorite song of all time. i push it on all my friends but they end up better for it.

I know that you guys are gettin' f**ked by the storms, and it has been catastrophic if not fatal for several.  :'( But did you experience that queer sense of humanity and survival that accompanies such? Schedules, work, superficial needs take a second seat. Survival and helping others dominate. Strange but true. Even though it is a total pain in the ass, I think we need a dose of that occasionally. Even though it would inconvenience me greatly, I kinda' miss gettin' snowed in.  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

dragonboy

QuoteWe had the same thread...a year or so ago? can't remember when...
Anyway, I decided then that I would have to go with Patsy Cline's cover of Crazy.
Choosing one fav song is damn near impossible but Crazy has been one of my fav songs for longer than any other & I never get tired of hearing it, that's why it gets my vote.

GREAT choice! And I thought I might be the only one around here with Patsy on their ipod.   ;)   As for me, I just can not do it ....... :-[ too many that make me feel good or the way I am supposed to feel at that moment.  
Nice to see some love for the classics TEO  :)

Other contenders:
Stevie Wonder - He's Misstra Know It All
Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
Van Morrison - Into The Mystic
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EAZYE

QuoteWow, uhhhh....

I'll say there's a song that always makes me feel better no matter where I am or what I am doing.

Penny Lane-The Beatles

Saying one would be my favorite would feel like cheating to former favorites.

So I'll say there's one that I can never keep my mouth shut during.

Hey Jude-The Beatles

I always have to scream along at the end. ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Jaimoe

I think Sloan's "Money City Maniacs" is one of the best power pop songs from the 90's and the video is perfect: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oEpSecRuhmc

Sloan remains one of Canada's best bands.

Easy Morning Rebel

I think I'm the same as the most of you, I can't choose just one favourite song because there are so many songs out there that speaks to me in its own way.

But at the moment I think my favourite song is "The Velocity of Saul at the Time of His Conversion" by Okkervil River.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

ManNamedTruth

Right at the moment I'll say We Can Work It Out -The Beatles. I've been on a Beatles kick lately.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

JohnnyRage

'Waiting in Vain'  by Bob Marley might be it from my old school choices.

Or a beatles song.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

Coltrane

"Moonshiner"---been done a million times by a million people, but Dylan's and Uncle Tupelo's version remain my favorite!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

aMD

okay, i think I've figured out my favorite.  it'll probably change.  it probably should be a dylan song since he's my favorite but really i think my favorite song of all time is "Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon and Garfunkel.

megisnotreal

like i said earlier, put the ipod on shuffle for the morning commute... and then... i heard "martha my dear."

how could i have completely forgotten my eternal and unwavering love for this song?
it was the first song to which i learned all the words. i love "martha my dear," and i feel terrible for neglecting it. like i cheated on my boyfriend or something. not a good feeling.

anyway.

i fucking love "martha my dear."

you should go listen to it.

now.

dragonboy

Louis Armstrong's We Have All The Time In The World could be another contender...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Mr. T.

Quoteokay, i think I've figured out my favorite.  it'll probably change.  it probably should be a dylan song since he's my favorite but really i think my favorite song of all time is "Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon and Garfunkel.

:-*

Magnificent choice!!
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

The Big Come Up

Gonna have to go with Dead Flowers by the Rolling Stones. Its about a guy who just got dumped and enjoys lots of drugs, but something about it just makes me happy. #2 probably Dont Go Back to Rockville by REM.

aMD

this is REALLY hard to say, but probably...

The Only Living Boy in New York by Simon and Garfunkel

followed by five or six dylan songs.