talk talk / mark hollis

Started by ratsprayer, Jan 18, 2006, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

any love for these guys?

i think theyre great.  i listen to COLOUR OF SPRING, LAUGHING STOCK, and SPIRIT OF EDEN almost every week, some times mulitple times.  i love mark's voice, even though hes very hard to understand most of the time.  his solo album is very good as well, just got that not too long ago.

who else is a fan?

ali

i've been trying to find spirit of eden for ages... i had a copy of it ages ago which wore out, so have been on the lookout for the real thing, no luck so far

great album!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Big fan of Talk Talk & Mark Hollis.
I loved Life's What You Make It when i was younger & bought a best of a few years back. I was amazed by how different (& how good) their later stuff was & bought Spirit Of Eden.
I just recently bought Laughing Stock, Colour Of Spring & the Mark Hollis solo album which are all excellent!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Excellent 7 page article on Talk Talk (the '80s Pink Floyd!) in this months Mojo (the one with The Kinks on the cover)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Mr. T.

I only got Laughing Stock & Spirit of Eden. 2 flat out amazing albums.
Can't think of any other group with such a particular sound.

Is Mark Hollis still into music making? Haven't heard of him quite a while...
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

dragonboy

His solo album was 1998. I checked on allmusic but there's no info regarding what he's been up to since...

rob

Great band! Have all 5 of their CDs.....plus the 2 disc Asides - Besides (yes, that's how it's spelled).....plus Mark's solo disc.......it's all great......hope Mark makes another one soon.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

dragonboy

Bump!

The oncoming winter is perfect for Spirit Of Eden & Laughing Stock...

[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWThDKGVZJI[/media]

Where you @ Rats?!!  :'(

FACE

Taxman

And there's new dvd out. 'Live at montreux 1986'. Pretty good!
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver