Main Menu

Fleet Foxes

Started by DavidCrosby, Jul 05, 2008, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philspector

If anyone's interested, there's an EP recorded before either Sun Giant or the self titled that can be found here:  

philspector.wordpress.com

It's a quite popular blog from some mid-30's dude from Scotland. Over 150,000 visitors ain't a bad number to boast, though...

Hello everyone. I am the mid-30's dude from Scotland mentioned above. Thanks for mentioning my blog, Plain Or Pan? Thanks also for this great website. I've never been on it before, even though I am partial to a good dose of My Morning Jacket now and again.

Cheers

tomEisenbraun

If anyone's interested, there's an EP recorded before either Sun Giant or the self titled that can be found here:  

philspector.wordpress.com

It's a quite popular blog from some mid-30's dude from Scotland. Over 150,000 visitors ain't a bad number to boast, though...

Hello everyone. I am the mid-30's dude from Scotland mentioned above. Thanks for mentioning my blog, Plain Or Pan? Thanks also for this great website. I've never been on it before, even though I am partial to a good dose of My Morning Jacket now and again.

Cheers

Haha, hey there!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Thanks Tom!

And welcome philspector from Scotland!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ali

hey mid-30's guy from scotland.. welcome

i LOVE this album. bought purely on hearing mykonos on a free cd i got with spin magazine a while back.

i try to resist the urge wherever possible to compare bands to mmj or mmj to other bands... i would rather treat a band on it's own merits, or lack of, rather than potentially devaluing both bands by trying to make them fit on a middle ground. but hey, that's just me. it just seems to do a dis-service to the joy and effort musicians put in to making music to say "well, that sounds exactly like....".

but again, that's just me.

this album makes me feel happy, so i like it!!!  :)

love a song for the way it makes you feel

DavidCrosby

....finally got that their record of vinyl and it sounds even better, and you get the EP with it........oh yeah......
listen to vinyl

tomEisenbraun

Not to mention the button and sticker! Hell yes!

getinthevan

Tom, thanks for those tracks, I can't wait to hear them.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

red

Thanks Tom and mid-30's dude, the EP's sounding great so far.

tomEisenbraun

You're welcome!

"Anyone Who's Anyone" and "Textbook Love" are permanently stuck in my brain now...

it's so much better in the sunlight...
i'm just a little mirage...

Foxtrot76

Here's a pretty great version of English House from the Pitchfork fest last weekend.

http://pitchfork.tv/live/pitchfork-music-festival-08/fleet-foxes-english-house

easy way

I've really been enjoying these guys...they're on the same label as Band of Horses. Another one of my favorite bands.  :)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

tomEisenbraun

www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes for new tour dates. Can't wait to see them in Athens!

BH

Quotewww.myspace.com/fleetfoxes for new tour dates. Can't wait to see them in Athens!

Hey Tom, thanks for the heads up!  No St. Louis date, but the it shows they are looking for suggestions on a midwest date between Chicago and Denver so I e-mailed the booking agent and crossed my fingers!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Kris

I would drive to St. Louis to see these guys.

They played Nashville earlier this year, but I didn't hear about the band until about two weeks after the show.

I was so pissed.

BH

QuoteI would drive to St. Louis to see these guys.

They played Nashville earlier this year, but I didn't hear about the band until about two weeks after the show.

I was so pissed.

Great, in about two or three days (so it doesn't sound like you are just my work buddy ;)) e-mail trey@billions.com and ask him to book something in St. Louis on October 13th. :)

Kris

Will do.

I mean, I'd like something a little closer but I can do St. Louis.  I'm seeing Ryan Adams and the Cardinals there later this year.

BH

QuoteWill do.

I mean, I'd like something a little closer but I can do St. Louis.  I'm seeing Ryan Adams and the Cardinals there later this year.

Me too.  I got 5th row right center!

Kris

Row 2 Right Center here!

Can't wait!

Kris

Kris