The Old Tab Thread

Started by New Fan, Oct 10, 2002, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeroen

Within a while , I'll post "the way that he sings" too, but I'm still working on it. (Also on powertabs.net) Have fun!

lfish

Hey,

Recently I tabbed lowdown and the way that he sings, within a while also war begun will be placed on www.powertabs.net. But for the moment I have some problems with old september blues.  I know the songs starts with an A chord but that's all. Can anyone help me out?

lfish
lfish

lfish

Seems I'm the only guy posting here, but anyway ...
Since my last update I managed, thx to "O", to tab old september blues. I also did "the dark" and I did an update of " the way that he sings" (based on the bbc acoustic session). For the moment I would very much like to tab "I think I'm going to hell" so if anyone could help me out with the chords?

ciao
lfish

lfish

yeepla,

Today, it' a historical day!  The sixth mmj-tab has been posted on www.powertabs.net and I truly hope more will follow.  For the moment I'm trying to tab 'I think I'm going to hell" but I have some difficulties with the guitar tuning.

I think it would be a great idea to have the different guitar tunings of the songs on this site.  Maybe the moderator can help us, poor guitar freaks, out?

cheers,
lfish
lfish

lfish

yow yow yow,

I just posted 'I think I'm going to hell' and it sounds perfect.  

Just to let you know!

have fun

ciao
lfish
lfish

Oz

Gonna have to check out that Powertab site in the near future, I think... At the start, I didn´t wanna download any programs, ´cause I´m always a bit careful with that, but now it´s starting to sound interesting! So thanks in advance!  :)
I'm ready when you are

joe sell

powertabs.net sucks. can someone please copy and post the tabs onto this message board. or possibly e-mail to me. i just wanna "play that song". any help greatly appriciated. thanks.

lfish

I can't see why powertab.net sucks.  I still had no problems with it. It's easy to use and you can find great tabs.  There are also other powertabrelated sites but I believe that powertab.net is the biggest one on the net, with the largest database.  So if you realy think it sucks that's your problem. And in the future, if you want express your opinion, maybe it would be useful to say why it's sucks so other people could learn something from it. It's very easy to break something down but it's much harder to say why you are breaking it down.

lfish
lfish

joe sell

yes it is easier to break something down, its a lot easier than using power tabs.net. i apolizgize for not explaining why it doesn't work for me, because i don't know why it doesn't work. the text is coded and not legible when i down load it. once again i truely apoligize for the trouble, but i just want to play these songs this weekend at a small gig. At least, could you please, please e-mail me or post on this message board "the way that he sings". again, your help is greatly appriciated.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Non-musician point of view:  could the text that isn't legible be because of your default internet font?

just a thought....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

joe sell

thanks for your response. it could be, i really don't know, not much of a computer guy. but why not paste them on this message board. i'd rather give mmj the multiple hits as opposed to "powertabs". it would attract more people directly to this site more often.

lfish

ok Here are the chords for the way that he sings, just to help you out, so no solo's are included.

Intro: Bb/E: x1333x
       Fadd11/E:x1321x
verse: Eb/E: x6888x (play four measures)
       Bb:    688766 (play four measures)
Chorus: Dmadd9/E; x5776x (play two measures)
        Cm/G:x35543 (play six measures)
        F   : 133211 (play four measures)
        Cm/G:x35543 (play two measures)
        F :  133211 (play two measures)

Go back to intro.
Play verse again
chorus
verse
outro: You play the chords of the intro and the second guitar just repeats this lick all the time:
--6-6-6-4-4-3-3-3
--7-7-7-3-3-3-3-3

Enjoy your show!

PS Possible solution:  Did you download the software(the powertabeditor) to read the files?
lfish

lfish

yeah,
That's true, but I don't know how to paste these files on the messageboard?  These files ain't just text files.
lfish

p

I would so love for anyone to highlight the tabs for Lowdown. I wanna put it in my live set as a cover. I can't stop playing it.

lfish

Hey,

I posted all the tabs on www.powertab.net.  You have to download the powertabeditor (it's freeware) to read the tab.  It is a lot easier for me this way, instead of typing it all out here on this messageboard and it will be a lot clearer and better for you, guys to learn how to play the songs. So I recommend you to look for this site and dowload the tabs. For the moment I tabbed: "lowdown", "war begun", " the way that he sings", "the bear", " the dark", "Old september blues" and " I think I'm going to hell". I hope more will follow, but for the moment I don't have a lot of time to analyze the songs.  
Bsut anyway I hope you have fun with it!

tschow,
lfish
lfish

kristof devos

Could you post them here? Mac users cannot read Power Tabs... And I'm a Mac user...

lfish

Hey kristof,

I'm very sorry, but I don't think this messagesystem here has the possibility to clip files on the board.

But I think it's strange that a Mac-user can't read powertabs?
Did you dowload the powertabeditor?
If you did, I'm afraid I can't help you.

If you want I can put the chords on this messageboard but solo's will not be included.

Groeten
Lfish
lfish

Oz

I'd like it as well, Ifish, if you'd post just the chords, I never play solo's myself, I just play the chords to accompany my singing, and solo's on accoustic guitar don't really sound too great, anyway...
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Ok here they are.

Hope you like it.  

"Evelyn  is not real"

Intro + verse:

E: 022100 (1 measure)
B: 799877 (1 measure)

Repeat this for four times!

Chorus:

A: 577655 (2 measures)
E: 022100 (2 measures)
A: 577655 (2 measures)
E6: x466xx (1 measure)

So once you can play that you can play the entire song.  Simple, yet beautifull!

"I think I'm going to hell"

Intro:

Ebmaj7sus4b9/Bb: 66879x(1 measure)
Bb: 66878x (1 measure)
Bb type2: 68876 (2 measures)

Verse:
Gm6+5/E: x6888x (2 measures)
Bb type 2: 68876x

chorus:(is more silent part when jim sings "I think I'm going to hell)
G13/F:  131515xxx (1 measure)
Em/maj7+11/E:111313xxx (1 measure)
Bb type 2: 68876x (2 measures)

Back to verse

So those are all the chords for this song.

"lowdown"

Intro:
D: 000232 (1 measure)
G: 320003  (1 measure)

Verse:

D:  101212111010 (1 measure)
F#m/C#: 991111109 (1 measure)
Em/B: 779987 (1 measure)
D:  101212111010 (1 measure)

Repeat this one time

Chorus:
D: 000232
G: 320003
A: 002220

So those are the chords for this song.

"Old september blues"

Intro:

A: 002220 (1 measure)
D: 000232 (1/2 measure)
Dm 000231 (1/2 measure)

Instead of D and Dm you can also play:
1) xx7779 (is comparable to D)
2) xxx767 (is comparable to Dm)

Chorus:

Esus4: xx2200 (1 measure)
E: 022100  (1 measure)

Interlude:
Esus4:xx2200 (1 measure)
A: 002220 (1 measure)

And that's it for this song.

So that's it for now.

If you still have some questions, just ask.

Enjoy

lfish

lfish

dale cooper

i've just posted the chords to "death is the easy way" and "just because i do" on the altcountrytab.com site, in case y'all were interested.  lemme know if somethin' don't sound right...

death is the easy way: http://www.altcountrytab.com/actforum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=11822

just because i do:  http://www.altcountrytab.com/actforum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=11836