Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas

feb 9th @ gramercy theatre:

HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS

oh yeah, alright.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

dragonboy

Happy New Year everyone!

21st Jan - The Cult (with Masters Of Reality!!!)
29th Jan - Justin Townes Earle
31st Jan - Joe Pug

Thinking about getting a ticket for the Beat Junkies too...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tdb810

Going to see Prince tonite at MSG.   Opener:  Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings.  Double Score!
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

Have fun Trish, saw Sharon Jones last summer, great band, should be a terrific warm up.
Never seen Prince but he must be awesome live.

Going to see the Jayhawks this friday at Webster Hall playing Tomorrow The Green Grass.   :D

Saw Justin Townes Earle and Willie Nile earlier this month and just got tix for Lucinda Williams in March at Webster Hall.  Good musical start to the new year.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 18, 2011, 02:40 PM
Have fun Trish, saw Sharon Jones last summer, great band, should be a terrific warm up.

Going to see the Jayhawks this friday at Webster Hall playing Tomorrow The Green Grass.   :D

Saw Justin Townes Earle and Willie Nile earlier this month and just got tix for Lucinda Williams in March at Webster Hall.  Good musical start to the new year.

HH-- i'm so mad i can't go to that! my boss is having a JEWELRY party and invited me a while ago..i'm new to the job so i have to go WTF--that's one of my favorite albums...it starts at 7 but i'm scared I won't get there in time.. JEWELRY party...

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
Going to see Prince tonite at MSG.   Opener:  Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings.  Double Score!

that's gonna be incredible...i hope Bobster can contain himself!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 18, 2011, 03:31 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 18, 2011, 12:28 PM

that's gonna be incredible...i hope Bobster can contain himself!

Went with girlfriends !  Bob just wasn't interested.  It was AWESOME ;D ;D
.....Back at the Model Home

ManNamedTruth

Lots of shows coming up, not gonna afford to go to all of these  :( :-\

Feb 17 - Dr Dog
Feb 25 Trey Anastasio
Mar 30 - Furthur
Apr 9 - Buddy Guy in Greensburg
Apr 28  - Iron & Wine
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TheBigChicken

Iron and Wine April 25th 40 Watt
I need this little vacation ! I'm gonna go if I have to hitc hike and pack my own food.... Who's with me ?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

wolof7

Just Added to my list:
3/2 - Eugene Mirman/Kumail Nanjiani/Reggie Watts
3/4 - Middle Brother / Deertick / Dawes
3/18 - Gene Ween (solo) !!!!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 18, 2011, 03:31 PM

HH-- i'm so mad i can't go to that! my boss is having a JEWELRY party and invited me a while ago..i'm new to the job so i have to go WTF--that's one of my favorite albums...it starts at 7 but i'm scared I won't get there in time.. JEWELRY party...

;D ;D ;D

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

woodnymph

Aaahhhh my friend just scored me a ticket to see Robert Plant at the Peterson Events Center tonight!  I know it won't be Zeppelin.... or even maybe Zep songs, for that matter... but my odds of seeing him again I figure are pretty slim to none... and it's freeeee! And her bf and I are going to take her car and get free parking to top it off and meet her there! Woop woop!  :D :D :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ALady

Awesome...have a blast!   :D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

Thank ya much!! Will report back!!!  :D

walterfredo

Anyone seen snoop dog before? I'm in Reno for work and he's playing here tonight.

Ruckus

Have a great time Hx2!  I'm very jealous of both you and aLady but I do much prefer TTGG over HTH sooo :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

slappymoe

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
Aaahhhh my friend just scored me a ticket to see Robert Plant at the Peterson Events Center tonight!  I know it won't be Zeppelin.... or even maybe Zep songs, for that matter... but my odds of seeing him again I figure are pretty slim to none... and it's freeeee! And her bf and I are going to take her car and get free parking to top it off and meet her there! Woop woop!  :D :D :D
looks like he's playing the louisville palace april 8.  tickets on sale tomorrow at noon.  wish me luck.

and i can almost guarantee there will be a few zeppelin songs, all nicely reworked.  or so i hope.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110118/NEWS01/301180069/Plant+s+Band+of+Joy+coming+to+Louisville+Palace

woodnymph

Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 20, 2011, 01:39 PM
looks like he's playing the louisville palace april 8.  tickets on sale tomorrow at noon.  wish me luck.

and i can almost guarantee there will be a few zeppelin songs, all nicely reworked.  or so i hope.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110118/NEWS01/301180069/Plant+s+Band+of+Joy+coming+to+Louisville+Palace

Yes'm yes'm reworked songs indeed! I wrote about 'em in the 'Just Seen Shows' thread  :D

slappymoe

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 20, 2011, 02:04 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 20, 2011, 01:39 PM

Yes'm yes'm reworked songs indeed! I wrote about 'em in the 'Just Seen Shows' thread  :D
just went over there and checked it out.  i am now officially pumped.  now for the minor detail of getting good tickets.....

slappymoe

i've seen him 6 or 7 times, always been a huge fan, but imo his live shows just haven't been the same since he went jehovah's witness a decade or so ago.

he won't play naughty songs or say naughty words anymore.  still an unmatched talent, but "prince" and "PG" have a hard time coexisting in my mind.