debbie

Peaceburgh!   8)  I like that! 

Well, I guess a gotta hear it now!  -Jah Bless
Touch me I'm going to scream.

debbie

.Walt

Quote from: debbie on Feb 07, 2011, 02:59 PM
This song absolutely kills me!  Hope ya like it.

Slaving Riddim LLoyd Parks Slaving

Awesome song, Deb! And Fisherman Dub is one of my favorites, goes good with roast fish and cornbread.

And it looks like I'll be getting a new Bob disc sometime soon! Thanks for the article, Wood. I'm thinking about going to Milwaukee to see The Wailers, and that article might have made my mind up. Oh, and seeing Grandma would be nice too  ;)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

debbie

Listening to an old reggae tape from the mid-80's.  Found this little goodie. 

Go have a talk with the Congress man!   8)

ken boothe - Welfare People

pawpaw

Quote from: debbie on Feb 06, 2011, 01:32 AM
I was thinking about this song today for some reason and thought I'd share.  This album is awesome.

Lee Scratch Perry - Fisherman Dub

I was listening to 'Heart of the Congos' this past weekend, definitely one of my favorite reggae albums.

Sucks that the old thread got left behind, it was a gold mine! We've got a good start here though! I'll add some when I get a chance. 8)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ManNamedTruth

Peter Tosh 1979-07-16 Pt 2: Steppin' Razor

They have a bunch of other videos up from the same set, maybe the entire set.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Cheetara

I can't believe No one's mentioned Steel Pulse! They're amazing!  :thumbsup:
~The only thing you ever have to truly know in life is Yourself~

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 17, 2011, 01:00 AM
I can't believe No one's mentioned Steel Pulse! They're amazing!  :thumbsup:

They were probably mentioned in the old thread, some of the threads didn't transfer over when they upgraded the forum.

debbie

Dodobird

If you like Reggae you have to check out the Reggaie song I just produced called "The Sound of the Bagpipes" It mixes Jamaican Hip Hop with Bagpipes. I was the piper on the song! Now available on CDbaby.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/09/2011-03-09_luck_of_the_irish_brings_bagpiper_and_jamaican_rap_artist_together_for_the_sound.html
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

debbie

Wow, I never imagined I'd hear reggae with bagpipes, but I guess a melodica doesn't sound too much different.  Interesting project and very cool.

Dodobird

Thanks Deb. I had a great time working on this project. Did you check out the music video yet on youtube?
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

debbie

Yes, I did watch the YouTube video.   :thumbsup:  So that was you on the pipes in the video?  So tell me more!  Where and why did you learn to play bagpipes?  And how did you get involved in that project?   Why Ireland and not Scotland? 

Deb

.Walt

Quote from: Dodobird on Mar 15, 2011, 10:43 AM
If you like Reggae you have to check out the Reggaie song I just produced called "The Sound of the Bagpipes" It mixes Jamaican Hip Hop with Bagpipes. I was the piper on the song! Now available on CDbaby.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/09/2011-03-09_luck_of_the_irish_brings_bagpiper_and_jamaican_rap_artist_together_for_the_sound.html

That was awesome! I would have never thought that it could work, but some how you made it happen. Deb has some good questions for yah. I'd like to know more about it.

.Walt

woodnymph

AHHH I haven't surfed the reggae thread in too long!!! Brian WHAT AN AWESOME BAGPIPE OPPORTUNITY!! That's so neat!! I need to go watch the actual video now, I just watched the interview so far!  That's just crazy how that all fell together!!!  Loved how you brought the pipes to Levon's Ramble!!  :-D

Solid vids up on here too guys!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh man, Walts! Did you get to see the Wailers in Milwaukee???  I haven't seen those guys in ages!  (Wish that "ages" would've meant the 70s or 80s hah!)  But hey did you get the Bob "Live Forever" cd yet from his show in Pitt???  I have a version of it that I've had since '05 but I'm not 100% sure all the songs line up just right... anywho, if you'd like a pre-listen or anything, shoot me a PM!!!  That goes for anyone!!!  Would love to help the team out!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 24, 2011, 09:42 PM
AHHH I haven't surfed the reggae thread in too long!!! Brian WHAT AN AWESOME BAGPIPE OPPORTUNITY!! That's so neat!! I need to go watch the actual video now, I just watched the interview so far!  That's just crazy how that all fell together!!!  Loved how you brought the pipes to Levon's Ramble!!  :-D

Solid vids up on here too guys!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh man, Walts! Did you get to see the Wailers in Milwaukee???  I haven't seen those guys in ages!  (Wish that "ages" would've meant the 70s or 80s hah!)  But hey did you get the Bob "Live Forever" cd yet from his show in Pitt???  I have a version of it that I've had since '05 but I'm not 100% sure all the songs line up just right... anywho, if you'd like a pre-listen or anything, shoot me a PM!!!  That goes for anyone!!!  Would love to help the team out!  8)

I bought that CD a couple weeks ago, love it! The quality is good except for the last two tracks, witch i assume they had to use an audience recording. Maybe that's explained in the booklet, i haven't read it yet. I regret not making it out for that Live Forever show at the Benedum!

nuggets

Oh shit, run!