Main Menu

Radiohead

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Dec 27, 2010, 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

wake up Radiohead peeps.... its ready!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

wolof7

I guess Thom is the King of Limbs....anyone catch that video?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

kydiddle

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 18, 2011, 08:56 AM

I wonder if Kanye thinks it's the greatest video of ALL TIME!

The thing I love about that video is you don't know what he's doing. Is he making fun of the "Single Ladies" type performance or is he that much of an ego-maniac to put out a video of his killer dance moves?
Cow temperature.

wolof7

Quote from: kydiddle on Feb 18, 2011, 10:03 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 18, 2011, 08:56 AM

I wonder if Kanye thinks it's the greatest video of ALL TIME!

The thing I love about that video is you don't know what he's doing. Is he making fun of the "Single Ladies" type performance or is he that much of an ego-maniac to put out a video of his killer dance moves?

I'd just like to assume that this is his everyday life, where he hangs and how he gets down. He didn't even realize a video was being filmed. Phil Selway, or Ed O'Brien probably just told a guy with a camera "You gotta check out Thom in his natural habitat, it's weird..." Let's hope they go to Johnny Greenwood's homestead next  ;)

pawpaw

...AAAAAAAND, we're rolling. Just downloaded the album and put my headphones on. I will not be taking any calls for the next hour, might get up for another cup of coffee, but will mostly just be pretending to work and giving The King Of Limbs a first listen.

I LOVE THIS BAND.

And I second the anticipation over a Summer Tour announcement. They are fuckin' amazing live.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

wolof7

there it is  ;D

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

so glad magpie made it on the record in the way it did.  talk about taking a song to the next level.  solid tunes.  some of the songs are pretty ballsy.  glad to welcome back a revived radiohead.  did not expect such an intense electronic album.  I can hear hints of the gloaming in there and other songs but it sounds so fresh for them.  diggin it immensely.

EasyRyder

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 18, 2011, 06:38 PM
did not expect such an intense electronic album.

Me neither...the electronic rhythms and patterns are indescribably complex. Half-way through I labeled it as an album that would grow on me, but by the time I finished my mind seems to like it. 

It's lovely and terrifying at the same time....honestly, until I get used to this album, I'm not going to listen to it alone in the dark.... 
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 18, 2011, 08:22 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 18, 2011, 06:38 PM
did not expect such an intense electronic album.

Me neither...the electronic rhythms and patterns are indescribably complex. Half-way through I labeled it as an album that would grow on me, but by the time I finished my mind seems to like it. 

It's lovely and terrifying at the same time....honestly, until I get used to this album, I'm not going to listen to it alone in the dark....

my first listen of bloom I thought it was pure debauchery.  it took a few listens to feel right.  Feral was the same way.  so far out there.  tomorrow I'm going to add "these are my twisted words" to the tracklist just to make it a longer listen.  maybe harry patch too.

ManNamedTruth

I paid for the higher quality format over the mp3 and it still sounds terrible in my car. The bass is way to high and rattles my speakers terribly, i don't think i can adjust the bass on my cd player, it only has options like natural, dynamic, vocal boost, and bass boost. Also when i put the file into itunes the song titles were all one word with numbers in front of them and band and album title weren't labeled, when i fixed all that the songs went out of order and into alphabetical order, i don't know how to change it back. Anyone else having any issues and knows how to help me?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

OK so some of the songs don't sound as bad as others but the rattling is interfering with my enjoyment of this album. None of my other cd's sound this way. As far as The King Of Limbs goes.... I wasn't thrilled about it on my first listen but it's growing on me quickly now.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

it was f'ing with my earbuds today also MNT.  I thought my earbuds were blown because of the crackly sound.  I think they just have the mix too loud.  they probably want it played thru some thousand dollar super sound system with 8 subwoofers and tweeters galore.  fucking snobs, how dare they make their shit thump so hard.

br00ke

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 19, 2011, 01:46 AMfucking snobs, how dare they make their shit thump so hard.

;D ;D

gave a listen yesterday but i was at work and wasn't able to give it my full attention .. another listen to today. not sure if this has been mentioned here or not but KROQ is hosting a first listen if anyone hasn't gotten it yet and wants to taste.

wolof7

I appreciate this album, for Radiohead changin things up; wearing their love for dub-step electronica on their sleeve. Some interesting, funky and dark stuff here. However, this will probably rank as my 2nd least favorite album, in front of Pablo, trailing the tie btw bends/thief. Note least favorite still has the word favor in it  ;)

.....as always it needs time and I need to probably study it a bit more but all in all, to me there is a lack of radiohead magic to this one.

I never excpect them to be able to top their top 3: OK, A, Rainbows

Tracy 2112

I am listeing now and it occured to me that

Summoning up the chaotic crashing of atoms with heavily-produced ghostlike vocals and a glitchy, technological driven tic, "Feral" is exactly as titled–a jerking, practically rabid ditty with a psychotic percussive shuffle.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 19, 2011, 01:46 AM
it was f'ing with my earbuds today also MNT.  I thought my earbuds were blown because of the crackly sound.  I think they just have the mix too loud.  they probably want it played thru some thousand dollar super sound system with 8 subwoofers and tweeters galore.  fucking snobs, how dare they make their shit thump so hard.

I just read that the CD will be available in stores March 28, maybe the mix will be better then. They did this on purpose so people pay for it twice.

pawpaw

I listened to it a few times yesterday, all at work. My first thought was that Flying Lotus rubbed off on Thom in a pretty big way, which for me, is a very good thing. My next thought was that it was a "warm, fuzzy blanket" kind of album, or whatever we called that thread. There is some absolutely beautiful music on there, especially Codex and Separator. I thought the sound was great, just wish it was longer.

I'll give it some more attention when there aren't babies screaming at me.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 19, 2011, 08:55 AM
I appreciate this album, for Radiohead changin things up; wearing their love for dub-step electronica on their sleeve. Some interesting, funky and dark stuff here. However, this will probably rank as my 2nd least favorite album, in front of Pablo, trailing the tie btw bends/thief. Note least favorite still has the word favor in it  ;)

.....as always it needs time and I need to probably study it a bit more but all in all, to me there is a lack of radiohead magic to this one.

I like it way more than In Rainbows.  it's not as boring to me.

wolof7

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 19, 2011, 03:32 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 19, 2011, 08:55 AM

I like it way more than In Rainbows.  it's not as boring to me.

Yea there seems to be divergence on that album. To me IR may be my 2nd favorite behind Ok Computer. I will give TKOL in close contention with In Rainbows as being their sexiest album :-*