"The Sound of The Bagpipe" Video Premier Party

Started by Dodobird, Feb 28, 2011, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodobird

Wah gwan NYC!!!
Please join us for the music video premier party for "The Sound of the Bagpipes"
at The Saloon on March 9th (84th and York Ave - 7pm to 10pm)
Following the showing of the video will be a live performance by:

Rally Bop (Jamaican Hip Hop Star)
&
The NY Metro Pipe Band (my pipe band)

$40 open bar (Premium open bar includes cover)
or
$10 cover (cash bar)
Bagpipes and Jamaican Hip Hop! Who knew?

Check out the video on youtube if you can't make it:
Rally Bop new video* *Sound Of The Bagpipe( Directors cut) 2/20/2011
Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers,
Brian
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

johnnYYac

Would if I could, Brian.  See you at Mountain Jam! :beer:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

Dodobird

Wednesday March 9th. Thanks TDB. I did forget to add that.

No problem Johnny. I understand cause you live in NH. But all you NYC residents, come on down!

It should be a great night! Some live pipes and drums to get you ready for St. Paddy's Day followed by some Jamaican Hip Hop.

tdb810

hey!  this is so cool! i would love to make it, but might be rough to get in smack dab in the middle of the week....but don't count me out just yet!
Congratulations!  This is really cool!  When can we share the video with friends?

Dodobird

Thanks TDB! No biggie if you can't make it. It is only from 7 - 10pm though.

Yes, please feel free to share. It is up on youtube now. I included the link above!

Dodobird

Great news! The Daily News is going to do a story on our music video. It will be out in next Thursdays paper (March 10th). We are meeting up with Patrice O'Shaughnessy for an interview on Friday in the Bronx. It will talk about the collaboration of Jamaican Hip Hop and Bagpipes being done for the first time. And also a little bit about my bagpipe band. Happy Days!  :) :) :)

Penny Lane

Quote from: Dodobird on Mar 02, 2011, 04:31 PM
Great news! The Daily News is going to do a story on our music video. It will be out in next Thursdays paper (March 10th). We are meeting up with Patrice O'Shaughnessy for an interview on Friday in the Bronx. It will talk about the collaboration of Jamaican Hip Hop and Bagpipes being done for the first time. And also a little bit about my bagpipe band. Happy Days!  :) :) :)

that's purty awesome. congrats!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Dodobird

Thanks! I meet this guy in my neighborhood bar (the Riverdale Steakhouse) and told him about the whole project before we did. He then told me he works for the daily news and thought it was a good story. He mentioned it to his editor who got in touch with me today! So the video premier party will be next Wednesday night, followed by the story in the paper the next day! We are going to have the song available on itunes by next week!

tdb810

Ruckus

This sounds pretty damn good Dodo.  I gotta say you look pretty badass walking up the steps as the camera follows you through the columns at the 1:40 mark. 8) ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Dodobird

Thanks Rukus! It was a lot of fun doing it. Our film crew was awesome.  :thumbsup:

Dodobird

The Big Party is only 2 days away. Hope to see some of you there! Invitation details are aove.

Cheers  :beer:
Brian

Dodobird

tdb810

That is awesome Brian!!!  Sorry we missed it, we had to go to a function at my daughter's school that night!
Happy St Pat's day, have fun! I am sure you are super busy doing the circuit! :thumbsup: