Main Menu

Strand Of Oaks

Started by BH, Apr 06, 2011, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Strand of Oaks tonight!    Wooooooo!

Ghosts, should I expect just him and an acoustic or does he have a band at these shows?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Anybody know much about Joe Pug?  (Tonights main act.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjk73

Sad I'm not goiong but I really cannot afford it, plus I'm sitting here on my couch now working. grrr

tdb810

Quote from: BH on May 03, 2011, 11:00 AM

Ghosts, should I expect just him and an acoustic or does he have a band at these shows?

oh wow wow wow! hope it's great, and report back  :thumbsup: 
.....Back at the Model Home

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on May 03, 2011, 11:00 AM

I realize right now oaks already played, but it'll probably be just him with an electric and a pedal board. Maybe an acoustic number or two. Hope it was awesome! (im sure it was).
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

Just got back.  Oh my lord.   I honestly have not been moved by a performance like that in a long time.   The intensity of that performance just reminds me of Jim live.  Not the music but just the raw power.   Joe Pug was solid but I was just so blown away by Tim I couldn't think straigt afterwards.   And he was so amazingly nice just like you said Ghosts.   Such a great happy spirit with such DARK songs!  (I love it!) Those songs are such giants waiting to grow too.  I hear these full band versions in my head and they are amazing!

West Coast dates coming up.  Go see him.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on May 04, 2011, 12:34 AM
Just got back.  Oh my lord.   I honestly have not been moved by a performance like that in a long time.   The intensity of that performance just reminds me of Jim live.  Not the music but just the raw power.   Joe Pug was solid but I was just so blown away by Tim I couldn't think straigt afterwards.   And he was so amazingly nice just like you said Ghosts.   Such a great happy spirit with such DARK songs!  (I love it!) Those songs are such giants waiting to grow too.  I hear these full band versions in my head and they are amazing!

Good to hear man! I'm jonsing for a WB show, they are less frequent now. Good for him though. (I just saw one last month  ;D)

tdb810

can't believe i just missed him here......So glad it was as great as you describe!  raw power!

Crispy

Great stuff! Man, I wish he would come here. Forgot to mention that I got my Pope Killdragon record and it is SO good. Time now to buy Leave Ruin again on vinyl.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Crispy on May 04, 2011, 10:29 AM

Great stuff! Man, I wish he would come here. Forgot to mention that I got my Pope Killdragon record and it is SO good. Time now to buy Leave Ruin again on vinyl.

Fairly sure leave ruin is only on cd.

Crispy

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 04, 2011, 10:34 AM

Dangit!

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Crispy on May 04, 2011, 10:37 AM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 04, 2011, 10:34 AM

Dangit!

I know right?

BH

They had the Pope Killdragon vinyl and both CDs there last night.   And a great shirt I wanted but didn't buy.

These are the songs I remember from the set.   Not necessarily in order.  There were a couple I didn't recognize.   

Kill Dragon (opener)
Sister Evangeling
Daniel's Blues
Alex Kona  (Afterwards my drunk ass tried to explain to him how he should add 3-4 minutes at the end screaming the final line.   I think he understood what I was saying.  :-X)
Sterling (I think this is the one that he mentioned was inspired by wide mouth bottles of Crazy Horse malt liquor.   :beer:)
Bonfire (closer)  WOW!   :o

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on May 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
They had the Pope Killdragon vinyl and both CDs there last night.   And a great shirt I wanted but didn't buy.

These are the songs I remember from the set.   Not necessarily in order.  There were a couple I didn't recognize.   

Kill Dragon (opener)
Sister Evangeling
Daniel's Blues
Alex Kona  (Afterwards my drunk ass tried to explain to him how he should add 3-4 minutes at the end screaming the final line.   I think he understood what I was saying.  :-X)
Sterling (I think this is the one that he mentioned was inspired by wide mouth bottles of Crazy Horse malt liquor.   :beer:)
Bonfire (closer)  WOW!   :o

I know he demo'd new songs before he started this tour, so one or two could be new songs. He said they were coming along quite differently than the killdragon songs.

tdb810

Quote from: BH on May 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
Sterling (I think this is the one that he mentioned was inspired by wide mouth bottles of

TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG......LIKE, TOTALLY.

Others find it a bit repetitive, but i just adore it.  i think i like repetition in music, and life in general.  not sure what that says about me  ???

BH

Nothing wrong with repetition.

BH

Crispy

Quote from: BH on May 04, 2011, 03:50 PM

Willful post count padding! You'll be over 10,000 before we know it.

BH

I'm trying to get to 10,000 so I'm allowed to say something negative about MMJ.

Ghosts_on_TV

Strand of Oaks 09/17/10 Cafe Metropolis- Atlantic City

This is from the last show played at Cafe Metropolis before they closed down.