Acoustic Citsuoca woman

Started by Tracy 2112, Jul 05, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

I was listening to Acoustic Citsuoca this morning on the old headphones, early morning hike, and thinking how great it is, and how perfect it could be if that lame ass woman wasn't screaming or yodeling or whatever it is she is doing during the oh-so quiet places where you should just be quiet.

You can hear her the first 10 seconds as they kick off Sooner (and, of course, at random other times during the show). Maybe it's 2 different people? I dunno.
I just don't know...
:-\
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

kydiddle

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 05, 2011, 07:56 PM
I was listening to Acoustic Citsuoca this morning on the old headphones, early morning hike, and thinking how great it is, and how perfect it could be if that lame ass woman wasn't screaming or yodeling or whatever it is she is doing during the oh-so quiet places where you should just be quiet.

You can hear her the first 10 seconds as they kick off Sooner (and, of course, at random other times during the show). Maybe it's 2 different people? I dunno.
I just don't know...

The only reason it doesn't get on my nerves is because her little yodels are so ingrained in my head while listening to this album that if they weren't there I'd be sad. Is that strange?

You have me listening to AC now and my GOD those group of songs are damn near perfect...yodels and all.
Cow temperature.

Jon T.

Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 05, 2011, 08:24 PM

I just don't know...

The only reason it doesn't get on my nerves is because her little yodels are so ingrained in my head while listening to this album that if they weren't there I'd be sad. Is that strange?

You have me listening to AC now and my GOD those group of songs are damn near perfect...yodels and all.

Haha.  When I first read this, I was thinking what in the hell could Tracy be talking about.  I've listed to this album 4,256 times and I have no idea.  Then I just played it, and I'm thinking to myself, Oh, that yodeling.   ;D  I guess I've become so used to it that it doesn't even seem out of place anymore. 

What has always puzzled me on AC is the guy who screams "YOU KICK ASS!!" after Golden.  It always cracks me up because on one hand, it seems so out of place to yell at Jim, especially after belting out one of his more vulnerable "waaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's" in recorded history, that he "kicks ass".  But, on the other hand, he really does kick ass.  Does anyone know the "you kick ass" guy?

e_wind

Yeah that version of golden is my favorite, and that guy is funny. It was at a Halloween party wasn't it? I winder if that guy is ashamed or boasts about it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

woodnymph

Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 05, 2011, 08:53 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 05, 2011, 08:24 PM

I just don't know...

Haha.  When I first read this, I was thinking what in the hell could Tracy be talking about.  I've listed to this album 4,256 times and I have no idea.  Then I just played it, and I'm thinking to myself, Oh, that yodeling.   ;D  I guess I've become so used to also that it doesn't even seem out of place anymore. 

What has always puzzled me on AC7 is the guy who screams "YOU KICK ASS!!" after Golden.  It always cracks me up because on one hand, it seems so out of place to yell at Jim, especially after belting out one of his more vulnerable "waaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's" in recorded history, that he "kicks ass".  But, on the other hand, he really does kick ass.  Does anyone know the "you kick ass" guy?

HAHAHAHAHAH solid thread!!! I've been entertaining this dialogue in my OWN head forever!!!  The first few times I heard it, I was definitely like "man..... crazy crowd..."  Now I find myself forever subbing in the yells and hoots and hollers (Ky I'm so glad it's not just meeee!)  And I'm always like "ooo I bet a lot of people on the forum would disagree with the "kick ass" dude...... but he's strangely become a part of it for me... at least with the AC version....

I do this with many other songs and recordings too........

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Tracy 2112

In my head, she looks like this:

e_wind

ha, she even looks like i wouldnt wanna stand next to her in a concert

jmk

Tell me if I'm just imagining it or not, but I hear this exchange every single time I listen to that version of Sooner:

Yodel girl: Woooooooo!!!

Random guy: Shut up!

Yodel girl: But I love this songggg.

Please tell me this isn't just in my head.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: jmk on Jul 05, 2011, 09:41 PM
Tell me if I'm just imagining it or not, but I hear this exchange every single time I listen to that version of Sooner:

I think you're right. She starts in at about 2:35 and he says shut up about 2:44 and you hear people laugh. 

Is this something she will grow out of? I have another theory she could look like this:

e_wind

i've never heard that, but i'm listening for it because that sounds awesome

Tracy 2112

fkinbs

Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 05, 2011, 08:53 PM
What has always puzzled me on AC is the guy who screams "YOU KICK ASS!!" after Golden.  It always cracks me up because on one hand, it seems so out of place to yell at Jim, especially after belting out one of his more vulnerable "waaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's" in recorded history, that he "kicks ass".  But, on the other hand, he really does kick ass.  Does anyone know the "you kick ass" guy?

The "You Kick Ass" guy deserves some sort of award for Best Incidental Participation in a Live Recording.  Considering that you should never really yell anything out in this fashion, this man somehow managed to improve something that I already considered perfect.  So whoever you are out there, my hat is off to you and your impeccable timing... now don't ever do anything like that ever again.
but talk is often cheap and filled with air

BH

I always wondered if it was the same lady who is always yelling at Louisville shows.   The big Rud solo gig in particular.  I hear her all the time.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

scosby2

Quote from: jmk on Jul 05, 2011, 09:41 PM

hear it every time...you aren't crazy

Crispy

This is great -- I also had a conversation with a guy who was laughing about all of the crowd shenanigans in this recording, and I didn't really get it because I also just black all of it out. Now that I listen for the yelling/trilling/woohooing girl, it's freaking hilarious.

Kick ass guy does tell the truth, if not kick ass.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

e_wind

Quote from: BH on Jul 06, 2011, 11:26 AM
I always wondered if it was the same lady who is always yelling at Louisville shows.   The big Rud solo gig in particular.  I hear her all the time.

That girl is RIDICULOUS. Is she the one that constantly says thank you? Jesus

kydiddle

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 06, 2011, 11:38 AM

Really? Now that's just inappropriate.

I don't notice too much when people yell out at shows unless they're right in my ear. However...I tend to smile if I catch the random guys who yell: "LOVE YOU MAN!" or some other sort of man-on-man compliment. It's so cute.
Cow temperature.

jaye

I've wondered the same thing.   I actually have trouble listening to that show because of all the chatter and gratitude.   ;D

e_wind

Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 06, 2011, 01:19 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Jul 06, 2011, 11:38 AM

Really? Now that's just inappropriate.

I don't notice too much when people yell out at shows unless they're right in my ear. However...I tend to smile if I catch the random guys who yell: "LOVE YOU MAN!" or some other sort of man-on-man compliment. It's so cute.

I was caught on the earxtraviganza recording yelling a man on man compliment that was embarrassing and some what riskay. The worst part is that I didn't even know I did it until my friend called me and told me to listen for it.

But yeah the girl at one of Louisville yim shows yells thank you multiple times before and after every song and it makes it almost unlistenable.

littleacorn

I always liked the yahooo guy in where to begin on celebracion
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16