2010-10-29  KFC YUM Center Louisville, KY

Started by stober, Oct 30, 2010, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

btw, i know it's already been said but this mahgeetah is amazing

slappymoe

can't thank the tapers enough.  listening now, reliving the glory.  this band and its fans are the best.

SaraBananaBear

[ch9829]!
Thank you so much, sounds great!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Northern Neighbour

Thank you for this excellent recording!  I've already listened to it three times, including on the drive back from Syracuse to Ottawa.  

jones

Nice work, stober!  Thank you for the recording.

midwesterner

Just finished listening to this one. Very fun show.

toretm

Im Amazed! Wow this sounds fantastic and can now relive over and over again! :D Thank You!

twofingers

QuoteThanks for cleaning up the three parallel threads for the recording of this show, forum gods.

Jason posted a link to the mp3 version of this recording, for those who don't want or can't convert the FLAC format.  Thanks, Jason!

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/aurh3d1cw

Thanks Johnny. This recording is awesome! Thank you for taping my man. And yes, that "Dondante" is intense.
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

WSS2

that sound quality is AMAZING, sounds damn near soundboard

darkglow

check this weird but cool looking photo taken from my iphone 4 at this show.. i'm not sure how this eyeball effect happened but it looks awesome

people who enjoy this recording.. use this as cover art if you would like

Dillsnufus

new link please. unless the archive link is the same as the deposit one.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Nine years ago tonight, I became a fan of My Morning Jacket!

I hadn't really heard too much about them, other than their name and seeing a poster or two at Ear-X-Tacy when I was there shopping for obscure stuff or more of my Classic Rock and/or new releases from my favorite bands from the past. When the hype started up for this show at the KFC Yum! Center (only the second show there with the first being the Eagles about a week before), PBS had re-broadcasted the 2008 show, and I had it recorded and watched it a couple of times. Then, they did the Terminal 5 shows in combination with their set at The Late Show with David Letterman (I've been a huge Letterman fan since the 1980s). Then ... I just happened to be staying in town late (Louisville) for an event at work. I decided that there would be enough time to travel downtown in time to catch MMJ (would have to miss the opening act), and it all depended on the handiness of parking and the availability of a ticket (I called before hand and found there were still tickets). I got very lucky and got a parking place almost right across the street from the venue (if it's free, it's me!). Went up the steps and was greeted by a fan needing to sell a General Admission ticket that they had extra. I got it, went to the floor while the lights were still up, settled in about 15 to 20 rows back dead center ... and became an instant super fan! I promptly went out and purchased some MMJ and have never looked back!

Nine years ago tonight!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

^there used to be a pinned thread on the old forum called something like "How did you discover MMJ?", and it was full of amazing reads and various stories of how and when people discovered the band. Wonder if CC can bring that old thread back to this site with all the original posts. Would be awesome.

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 29, 2019, 12:43 PMNine years ago tonight, I became a fan of My Morning Jacket!

I hadn't really heard too much about them, other than their name and seeing a poster or two at Ear-X-Tacy when I was there shopping for obscure stuff or more of my Classic Rock and/or new releases from my favorite bands from the past. When the hype started up for this show at the KFC Yum! Center (only the second show there with the first being the Eagles about a week before), PBS had re-broadcasted the 2008 show, and I had it recorded and watched it a couple of times. Then, they did the Terminal 5 shows in combination with their set at The Late Show with David Letterman (I've been a huge Letterman fan since the 1980s). Then ... I just happened to be staying in town late (Louisville) for an event at work. I decided that there would be enough time to travel downtown in time to catch MMJ (would have to miss the opening act), and it all depended on the handiness of parking and the availability of a ticket (I called before hand and found there were still tickets). I got very lucky and got a parking place almost right across the street from the venue (if it's free, it's me!). Went up the steps and was greeted by a fan needing to sell a General Admission ticket that they had extra. I got it, went to the floor while the lights were still up, settled in about 15 to 20 rows back dead center ... and became an instant super fan! I promptly went out and purchased some MMJ and have never looked back!

Nine years ago tonight!

Heck of a first show Mr.White.  :thumbsup:

We drove down from Jersey for it as I wanted to catch my first Jacket show in their hometown. We had a blast at a preshow get together across the street and then got to have our faces melted by a great show in that beautiful new building.

It was definitely a fun night and well worth the drive. I'd love to see them play the YUM again, and I'd be there for sure once again.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

CC

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 30, 2019, 07:22 PM^there used to be a pinned thread on the old forum called something like "How did you discover MMJ?", and it was full of amazing reads and various stories of how and when people discovered the band. Wonder if CC can bring that old thread back to this site with all the original posts. Would be awesome.

that was a cool thread indeed but I accidentally deleted that whole thread instead of just 1 spam message. so it's gone for good. sorry. i'm a lousy admin haha.

Mr. White

Quote from: CC on Oct 31, 2019, 09:39 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 30, 2019, 07:22 PM^there used to be a pinned thread on the old forum called something like "How did you discover MMJ?", and it was full of amazing reads and various stories of how and when people discovered the band. Wonder if CC can bring that old thread back to this site with all the original posts. Would be awesome.

that was a cool thread indeed but I accidentally deleted that whole thread instead of just 1 spam message. so it's gone for good. sorry. i'm a lousy admin haha.

Maybe we should start up another thread like the old one. I can try to do that later on today/tonight and maybe add a few more details about my "MMJ Fandom Beginnings".
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo