Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

I hear ya, walter.  I've seen 30+ shows and never heard Divided Sky, which is a relatively common song.  It's just comical to me at this point.  The funny thing is, my first show was supposed to be at the Louisville Palace in 1994.  I was a sophomore in high school and I got grounded (often) so I couldn't go.  Here's the setlist:

Monday, 10/10/1994

Palace Theatre, Louisville, KY

Set 1: Sample in a Jar > The Divided Sky, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Sparkle > Stash, Guyute, The Old Home Place[1], Ginseng Sullivan[1], Nellie Kane[1], Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Golgi Apparatus, Maze, Esther > Tweezer, Fee[2] -> Rift > Down with Disease > Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Foreplay/Long Time[3], Tweezer Reprise

[1] Acoustic and without microphones. Steve Cooley on banjo.
[2] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[3] Acoustic. Steve Cooley on banjo.

This still makes me sad.  I didn't end up getting to see them until 1996...

ALady

No Divided Sky in 30+ shows??   :o  That's kind of amazing.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

Quote from: ALady on Aug 16, 2011, 02:43 PM

it's a statistical anomaly, to say the least.  According to my geeky stats, I've heard Divided Sky 21 times (19% of the shows I've seen).  Gotta love geeky phish stats!

jones

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 17, 2011, 12:11 PM

it's a statistical anomaly, to say the least.  According to my geeky stats, I've heard Divided Sky 21 times (19% of the shows I've seen).  Gotta love geeky phish stats!
ZZYZX's Phishtistics shows that Divided has been played at 380 shows which means that it has been played at 27% of all of their shows.  I mean, I've heard Buffalo Bill and Kung twice, for crying out loud.

http://www.ihoz.com/raw.htm

ALady

Good show last night...not my favorite ever but good times as always.

Loved the TV on the Radio cover.

capt. scotty

Quote from: jones on Aug 17, 2011, 01:28 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 17, 2011, 12:11 PM

ZZYZX's Phishtistics shows that Divided has been played at 380 shows which means that it has been played at 27% of all of their shows.  I mean, I've heard Buffalo Bill and Kung twice, for crying out loud.

http://www.ihoz.com/raw.htm

Thats madness dude. I bet you get a Divided Sky in 1 of your next few shows.

I think this is the first summer I havent seen a Phish show (when they actually were touring) since 2003...Kind of a bummer, especially hearing from friends who went to Gorge, Tahoe, etc.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

jones

Does anyone know where I could get a 2009 Deer Creek stub?  It's the only stub that I don't have and it drives me crazy.  For some reason I bought e-tickets that year.  That was the year that they delayed the second set and lowered the speakers because it was storming so hard.  Everyone got drenched on the walk back to the lot.  There was no way to avoid it.  I couldn't have been any more wet if I had jumped in a pool with my clothes on (there was no way to keep my phone dry and it was even ruined).  I still have my wadded up water damaged e-ticket, but I would like to complete my collection.  I do look on eBay every once in a while...

walterfredo

ebay is definitely your best bet.  And if you have an extra $1K lying around, you should track yourself down the official poster.

e_wind

I don't know if this is bologna or not, but I heard there was an exceptionally famous phish fan that goes to every show every year no matter here it is. If this is true what his/her name
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

woodnymph

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 20, 2011, 01:22 PM
I don't know if this is bologna or not, but I heard there was an exceptionally famous phish fan that goes to every show every year no matter here it is. If this is true what his/her name
Hang on, I'm sure one of my friends will know....  :-X  Surprisingly, I haven't heard anything about this.
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

wolof7

Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 20, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hang on, I'm sure one of my friends will know....  :-X  Surprisingly, I haven't heard anything about this.

must be one of dem trust fund hippies
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 20, 2011, 01:49 PM

;D ;D ;D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

jones

:thumbsup:

e_wind

Quote from: jones on Aug 20, 2011, 03:46 PM
I don't know if this is bologna or not, but I heard there was an exceptionally famous phish fan that goes to every show every year no matter where it is. If this is true what his/her name

:thumbsup:

hahahaha
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

the_wizzard

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
ebay is definitely your best bet.  And if you have an extra $1K lying around, you should track yourself down the official poster.

$1000?  Huh....

Guess we should show our framed copy some due respect and hang it back up on the wall  :-\

walterfredo

Antelope Greg. Right up front against the rail every night.

ALady

I love that fredo knows   ;D

the_wizzard

Last night's show being sponsored by the letter S....
:o

jones

I saw I.... with a ticket stub in my hand!

I just bought the stub I was missing from the Deer Creek monsoon of 2009 on eBay (I'm not sure how the seller managed to keep it dry at all).  My collection will once again be whole!!!

jones

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 17, 2011, 04:09 PM

Whoopsie, I meant 2009.  Uncle Sam had a grip on me in 1999 (but I still got some shows in)...