for the love of god, RELEASE THE CHICAGO SHOWS.

Started by big_hungry_joe, Jan 05, 2009, 06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadfooT

QuoteIs anyone thinking they didn't allow any taping becuase MMJ wants to release another live album...

If this was the case they would put notice that no taping was allowed before the shows.  It might just take a while for the taper to get it out there.  Grateful Dead shows are still surfacing after 30 years.  While I hope it does not take that long,  bitching about it does nothing but stir agro vibes up in this piece.  Spin some Candles and Panties in the meantime.

Bigsky

QuoteIs anyone thinking they didn't allow any taping becuase MMJ wants to release another live album...

If this was the case they would put notice that no taping was allowed before the shows.  It might just take a while for the taper to get it out there.  Grateful Dead shows are still surfacing after 30 years.  While I hope it does not take that long,  bitching about it does nothing but stir agro vibes up in this piece.  Spin some Candles and Panties in the meantime.

Were you at the shows? Did you see any tapers?

1eyed_jack

i was at the shows, and i think i saw a taper the first night, don't think i saw anyone the second night.

they did make an announcement before the show that taping was prohibited so, maybe these won't surface.

one more thing i noticed that i don't know about is that there was a microphone on stage leaning out into the crowd a little bit to pick up crowd noise. is that normal for MMJ? the chicago shows were my first shows so i don't know

ALady

I was at both shows and definitely saw (and spoke to) a taper the first night, not 100% certain about the second.

Yes, that center-stage crowd mic is always there.  

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

dlweiss2

Based on how quick the NYE turnaround, I'd assume if something was floating around, people might know by now. Which is a shame, because first night "Where to Begin" was awesome. As was everything else that night...and the second night. Damn. We must find these taps.

Bigsky

QuoteBased on how quick the NYE turnaround, I'd assume if something was floating around, people might know by now. Which is a shame, because first night "Where to Begin" was awesome. As was everything else that night...and the second night. Damn. We must find these taps.

I hope they never surface, but come out as a release from the band.

big hungry joe

Quotei was at the shows, and i think i saw a taper the first night, don't think i saw anyone the second night.

they did make an announcement before the show that taping was prohibited so, maybe these won't surface.

one more thing i noticed that i don't know about is that there was a microphone on stage leaning out into the crowd a little bit to pick up crowd noise. is that normal for MMJ? the chicago shows were my first shows so i don't know

anybody else hear them say that taping was prohibited? because i would love to hear confirmation on that.

Caseydog

Almost every venue says that taping is prohibited.  A simple email from band management to the venue fixes that problem.  I have been able to tape a handful of shows doing this.

1eyed_jack

i know it's only been a little over 3 weeks, but i'm starting to lose hope.

it seems like a bunch of the other tapes came out really quick after the show.

i know having a tape of a show you went to is quite the luxury, but i was really looking forward to reliving these shows

Kaimathi

To answer Bringdaruckus I did see the Saturday show and there was a guy in row 10 in center with taping equipment.  I asked him after the show if he was going to post and he said he would on eTree.  I've been tracking on eTree and haven't seen anything, not that I'd have any idea how to download the show if I did see it.

Can't wait to get Jacket back in the states next week and hopefully planning some summer shows state side.  Later

big hungry joe

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

goose

It may surface one day.  Look on the bright side, it will be a total surprise then!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Janet

I'd really like to hear them since I couldn't make it to the rescheduled dates.

I gave away both nights tix to a deserving soul so I figure I've already made my deposit in to the karma bank...

Ruckus

QuoteI'd really like to hear them since I couldn't make it to the rescheduled dates.

I gave away both nights tix to a deserving soul so I figure I've already made my deposit in to the karma bank...
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Winterland

I find it ironic that a couple of the Japan shows made up on the archive right after they were played and yet still no sign of the Chicago shows.

If anyone has a copies of either Chi shows I'll give you my first born, well almost...

capt. scotty

QuoteI'd really like to hear them since I couldn't make it to the rescheduled dates.

I was at Iowa City and got shorted of what seemed like an already great show when JJ fell offstage. It was GA and I was like 10 feet back back centerstage. Not sure Ill ever have that chance again at a Jacket show to get that close  :-/

To top it off, I moved a month later and therefore couldnt make it to Chicago, night 2, which I had had tix for since the day they went on sale.

I think Im with you in the karma bank, sadly
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

If anyone has a copies of either Chi shows I'll give you my first born, well almost...

you think someone would actually want your kid??

use a better bartering object
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Winterland

I do enjoy sarcasm... :)

Vadie Stark

I do enjoy sarcasm... :)

Is she 19?
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.