Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 26, 2011, 12:13 AM
When we identify with ALL BODIES.

The hand analogy is so spot on. 

5000 miles  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can't look for awareness, you can only Be awareness, so....you be your awareness and I be my awareness and that being aware we are not 500 miles away.  It's from Omega to California......................I knew I had made a mistake  ;D :D ;) ;) :D ;D :D :D :D ;) :)

Definitely love that part.  I more than avidly read and listen to Ram Dass and utilize his helpful awareness tools... bringing it all home...

sweatboard

Specs on the tip of a tidal wave, that's all we are, even my vegan friends.  We've already taken much more than we can give.  It's too late to turn it back around again.  I just want to drown in the flood
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

I think the worst mistake we can make is thinking that just because it's been so misrepresented that there is no God. 

Can we make a new religion?  Should we?

Now that I think about it, we might even be able to make some money on this  :P :P :P

woodnymph

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 26, 2011, 12:36 AM
I think the worst mistake we can make is thinking that just because it's been so misrepresented that there is no God. 

Can we make a new religion?  Should we?

Now that I think about it, we might even be able to make some money on this   

Hahah sure, why not... call it Scienceology, like Scientology only completely different.... The $$$ I see it now.......

I really oughtn't get going too much about spirituality here.  I like how Mr. Dass says "Being is Dying by Loving."

It's a big cosmic soup out there, friends...... glad Tool has been a part of my awareness, they've put me on to some big concepts

sweatboard

sweatboard

"It" Still Moves

My "Morning" Jacket

WAKING UP!!!!

Sorry, but Johnny STILL belongs in this band. 

woodnymph

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 26, 2011, 01:10 AM
"It" Still Moves

My "Morning" Jacket

WAKING UP!!!!

Jim and the boys are on a really beautiful conscious level, and it just keeps the magic flowing.....  Jim's lyrics are so often spot-on with being an awake individual, and the music behind the words just gives the words that much more power  8)

And Maynard with his

With my feet upon the ground
I lose myself between the sound
And open wide to suck it in
I feel it move across my skin

I'm reaching up
And reaching out
I'm reaching for
The Random or
Whatever will
Bewilder me
Whatever will
Bewilder me

And following our will and wind
We may just go where no one's been, we'll
Ride the spiral
To the end

And may just go
Where no one's been

Spiral out--

Keep

Going.........

The phrase It Still Moves has hit me home in a million ways, MMJ definitely get me there

sweatboard

I like to think that you can't make that kind of music unless there is something to express other than the strong desire to be making money.  It's so simple yet so complicated. 

woodnymph

Amen to that!

sweatboard

sweatboard

Children of the Holocaust

Please play these two at the same time....  :-*

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer on Ellen

sweatboard

The truth is...

All of us are SPIRTUAL beings, having a HUMAN experience.

It's the spirit that gives life, the flesh Calls for nothing

Radical Humility!!!

Jon T.

I love some good TOOL talk!  Before MMJ came along, they were easily my favorite band.  If I had to pick a favorite I would go with Lateralus, but it and Aenima are such perfect back to back albums that I could go with either one.  I feel like Aenima was so completely different and mind blowing compared to anything I had ever heard and then Lateralus was simlar, only perfected.

I've seen them several times and had forgotten about the "silvery" people.  That was an incredible tour.  As an aside, I wonder what their message boards have to say about their setlists??? haha. 

One of my favortie Maynardisms I've seen.. It was at Oak Mtn. Amphitheater in B'ham supporting Lateralus.  It was a NASTY downpour and tons of people were wearing big black trash bags over their clothes.  Maynard says to the crowd something to the effect of, "if you're so concerned with keeping your clothes dry, why don't you all just take your clothes off and put them in your trash bags.  Problem solved".   ;D  I've probably seen TOOL or APC around 10 times, and I'd say that probably 9 of those times Maynard has tried to convince the crowd to get naked.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Jon T. on Sep 26, 2011, 09:27 AM
One of my favortie Maynardisms I've seen.. It was at Oak Mtn. Amphitheater in B'ham supporting Lateralus.  It was a NASTY downpour and tons of people were wearing big black trash bags over their clothes.  Maynard says to the crowd something to the effect of, "if you're so concerned with keeping your clothes dry, why don't you all just take your clothes off and put them in your trash bags.  Problem solved".   ;D  I've probably seen TOOL or APC around 10 times, and I'd say that probably 9 of those times Maynard has tried to convince the crowd to get naked.

That's a good one.  One Manynardism I liked was, at an outdoor show in early October on an absoultely freezing night was, "You know, it wil make you warmer if you rub up against eachother."  At Red Rocks last year, before the last song, he said, "Now might be a good time to find your clothes and put them back on."

Have any of you guys seem Puscifer before?  If not, I really recommend it when they tour later this year.  Very different side of Maynard and very interesting shows.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

woodnymph

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I love the stories!!!  Jon that's hilarious "take your clothes off and put them in your trash bags"  ;D ;D ;D  Wish I had 9-10 shows of theirs under my belt..... or under my belt in my trash bag  :P  :P

That's also super classic what he said at Red Rocks, mr. whip!  Wish I could remember any of the banter from the shows that I saw.... maybe some day I'll look and they'll surface for my downloading pleasure  8)

I've not seen a Puscifer show thus far, but I've got V is for Vagina and another Puscifer disc with some mixed tracks on it.... definitely dig some of them, but having a hell of a time embracing them as my own  :-\  Definitely interesting to hear what Maynard does with his voice with Puscifer...... he's one crazy dude.  I'm sure I'd still love to catch them live sometime!

MrWhippy

This is classic if you guys haven't seen it, and the best ever band respose to a fan charging the stage.  The fun starts at about 2:40.

Tool- Pushit /The Fan Incident Part 1

buaawwww

I worship this band.  Tool can do no wrong.  Think the last time I saw them was at Radio City Music Hall in NY on the Lateralus tour... had no one to go with so I bought a solo ticket and wound up 5th row orchestra.  Maynard comes out in black underwear, and the rest of him covered head to toe in day-glo paint. 

Long overdue for a new album and tour.

APC I like though not as much. 

woodnymph

Super stoked to see so many Tool 'heads on the board!!!  I figured there would be, peeps here sure have good music taste  8)

Seeing APC last month made me want to see Maynard spin off into a Tool set hahah  But it felt REALLY GOOD to hear The Hollow, Rose, 3 Libras, and Joni's Fiddle & The Drum.  Been wanting to hear the Mer De Noms tunes since the album came out, and it was great to finally see them live

MrWhippy

Time to bump this thread...Tool on tour in the US in Jan/Feb!