Dec 29th - Yim Yames/Ben Sollee/Daniel Martin Moore Brown Theater - The Ville

Started by antonio, Nov 12, 2011, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonio

http://www.kentuckycenter.org/Events/Yim-Yames-of-My-Morning-Jacket-Ben-Sollee-Daniel-Martin-Moore/8665#tab-show-information-link

This show is a benefit for Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, a grassroots organization of which all three performers are members that fights the destructive act of Mountaintop Removal Mining and works on economic justice and voter empowerment issues in Kentucky. More info at http://www.kftc.org/

All tickets are GA. The Brown seats 1400 and DMM/Ben filled it 3/4 last time they played even without Jim, so get tickets now!

Hope to see you there!

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rusty95

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

e_wind

The App Vox shows with the speakers and everything was so awesome.

CHIMMJFAN

So bummed, there is no way I can make it to Louisville due to work. I should take a mysterious sick day!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

antonio

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 12, 2011, 02:32 PM
The App Vox shows with the speakers and everything was so awesome.

Hopefully will have the same vibes and definitely have some speakers lined up for this one. More info here:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20111114/FEATURES/311140044/Concert-benefit-Kentuckians-Commonweath-Dec-29

antonio

rusty95

I missed the App Vox tour, so what can I expect?  Sollee has actually become one of my favorite musicians this past year.  His live stuff is second to none IMo.  Don't know much about DMM guess I better pick up the Dear Companion LP.

Any good recordings from the previous tour?
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

e_wind

Basically all three of them were on stage together switching off Their songs. A lot of dear companion songs, and many songs from their own solo work. More MMJ solo song than The other two. However all three artists have released albums since App Vox.

There were also authors and speakers, but they only alottes for maybe 10 minutes of the total time.

Waddy Peytona

antonio

Quote from: Waddy Peytona on Nov 14, 2011, 11:30 PM
Will those posters be available at the show, antonio?

I beleive so. In limited quantities of course.   8)

slappymoe

this was getting too close to falling off the first page.

i got 8 tickets, taking my family as a christmas gift.  found out today that i'm off work the day after the show.   makes it so much more enjoyable.

one nagging thought:

i've never been to a show that's general admission, but with seats.    what's the protocol?   is it acceptable to try to save seats for late arrivers?  and say we're in the 10th row or so......a couple of us get up to go pee or grab a beer.....what's stopping someone from swooping in and claiming squatter's rights, taking the temporarily abandoned seats?  will a simple "those are taken" suffice?  am i concerned over nothing?  the crowd will consist of only nice people, right?

BH

Ticket Purchased!   My first "Jim Solo" show.   (Not counting MOF)  Finally!   

We need to meet up for this earlier in the day.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

antonio

Quote from: slappymoe on Nov 28, 2011, 04:20 PM
i've never been to a show that's general admission, but with seats.    what's the protocol?   is it acceptable to try to save seats for late arrivers?  and say we're in the 10th row or so......a couple of us get up to go pee or grab a beer.....what's stopping someone from swooping in and claiming squatter's rights, taking the temporarily abandoned seats?  will a simple "those are taken" suffice?  am i concerned over nothing?  the crowd will consist of only nice people, right?

I'm sure hoping it's going to be an only nice people crowd. So saving a seat or two for a friend would seem fine by me, but one dude showing up with a tarp and laying it over half a row wouldn't be, etc. I'd say basic rules of courtesy will apply, much like a movie theater but without the chance for true jerks, one would hope.

And I will say, based on what I know (I'm one of the Kentuckians for the Commonwealth organizers in NKY) the show is approaching a sellout. So for any of you on the fence about going, now would be the time to jump off that fence and join us.

Should be a great time. The fellas will be joined by Dan Dorff, a Cincinnati musician/drummer/all around sound maven who joined them for shows on the last tour. More discussion of the Lex show from our own archives here:

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=2195.0

Hope to see you there!

e_wind

is it going to be similar style? all on stage at once? thanks for the heads up, my brother is putting getting tickets off, so ill have to let him know!

antonio

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
is it going to be similar style? all on stage at once? thanks for the heads up, my brother is putting getting tickets off, so ill have to let him know!

I do believe it will be all on stage at once, at least for most of the show. I'd expect it to be very much like the shows from the last tour, with of course some different tunes.

And yeah, as far as I know there's a couple of hundred tickets left, so it shouldn't sell out today or anything but in the next week I'd think it'll be at capacity.

Jane