2012 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees!

Started by woodnymph, Dec 07, 2011, 08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

buaawwww

The "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" is by far and away THE biggest crock in all of music.  It's a complete sham. 

woodnymph

Well it made me smile this morning. So there!!!

woodnymph

*waits for all the replies about how certain musicians should be in there who aren't, and how some are in who shouldn't, yadda yadda yadda.....*

I'm just appreciating the current inductees, folks.  Of course a million other people ought to be in there!  And some oughtn't, maybe.

Not posting this to prove anything, just wanted to share a smile, if possible!  :)

buaawwww

woodnymph

woodnymph

Quote from: buaawwww on Dec 07, 2011, 09:17 AM
So positive...  ;)

Just bracing myself for more comments about it bein' a crock, don't mind me!  ;)

buaawwww

Hey facts are facts!
Although it is nice to see acts like Donovan, the Faces getting inducted. 

And I can see how Guns N Roses, the Beastie Boys and the Chili Peppers deserve to be there.  I mean hell without them... there'd be no Rush, no Jethro Tull, no KISS, no Yes, no Deep Purple.................. ;D

Ruckus

Quote from: buaawwww on Dec 07, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hey facts are facts!
Although it is nice to see acts like Donovan, the Faces getting inducted. 

And I can see how Guns N Roses, the Beastie Boys and the Chili Peppers deserve to be there.  I mean hell without them... there'd be no Rush, no Jethro Tull, no KISS, no Yes, no Deep Purple.................. ;D
Biggest sham ever that RnR HOF ;D. One would hope that one would take the use of that name somewhat seriously.

I look forward to the day when Rush and Yes are 'inducted' and they just give 'em a royal /crotch chopping motion/ or whatever act of rebellion fancies them at the time.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Wait just a goddamn minute...Guns and fucking Roses are going to be in this Hall of Fame thingy and Rush and Yes and Jethro Tull are not???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(those are guffaws of ridicule for whoever runs that joke)
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: buaawwww on Dec 07, 2011, 09:07 AM
The "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" is by far and away THE biggest crock in all of music.  It's a complete sham.

The Grammy's are definitely a bigger crock. There's always some quality acts that get in the hall every year, and it's great that they acknowledge influential artists like the Ramones and Tom Waits, who don't sell as many albums like some acts do.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

Good to see The Faces get in...mad underrated.

And I guess Im in the minority, but Id put GNR in over Rush, Yes, and Jethro Toll
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

my days of arguing about Rush are over, but these stats are mind boggling, even more so as a non member of the RNRHOF (sort of the BCS of music)

Rush possesses 24 gold records and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records. Rush's sales statistics place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.