[DVD9] MMJ - April 28, 2010 - Charleston, SC

Started by baustin, May 04, 2010, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

QuoteOK, I'm unsure of what happened during the burning process. I can't get anything to recognize the disc. My brother burnt it in a Mac and that Mac is the only player that says it is a DVD. Any advice on burning this successfully?

The size of this video requires 2 Dual Layer DVDs.  You can get DVD-R or DVD+R Dual Layer discs.  In some DVD players, DVD-R is recognized, but DVD+R is not.  Also, some DVD players don't recognize Dual Layer discs.  Before you try anything else, look at your DVD player's manual for what disc formats are supported.

The fact that a Mac is involved might also be an issue.  I honestly don't know anything about 'em.  

Some software will let you compress large DVD files onto standard (single layer) DVDs.  Picture quality will suffer, however.

If you're still having trouble, PM or email me.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Erik26

My brother just left for Mexico today so I have to wait 10 days before he gets back to get any more information from him. He only burnt disc 1 and then tested to see if it worked. When it didn't he just stopped, so I do still have a couple DL discs left. I'll just wait until after Sasquatch to get this all figured out. Thanks for the help!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

QuoteMy brother just left for Mexico today so I have to wait 10 days before he gets back to get any more information from him. He only burnt disc 1 and then tested to see if it worked. When it didn't he just stopped, so I do still have a couple DL discs left. I'll just wait until after Sasquatch to get this all figured out. Thanks for the help!

If you want, send me those discs and I'll burn 'em for you.  

johnnYYac

Here are the disc labels I made, collages of images from the show and the poster.  Unfortunately, using Lightscribe, the "burned" label is not in color and kinda blurry.  

johnnYYac

And here's the DVD case insert, using just photos of the poster and setlist, with props to baustin.

The Drake

Thanks for sharing!  Now if I can only figure out how to burn this on my new mac I'll be set.  ;D

baustin

QuoteFor those new to the DVD burning game, here are a few things that might help.

1. Click here to download and install utorrent: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/

2. Click on this link to the Charleston show DVD torrent file: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77139&d=1273016643

3. When dialog box opens, click OPEN

4.  utorrent will automatically start the slow download.  Don't shut down your computer until its finished.  Give it overnight.  The file will end up in your DOWNLOADS folder unless you change the destination first.

5.  Open a DVD burning software.  

Nero is good but expensive ($80): http://www.nero.com/enu/store-nero10.html  

I just bought DVD Cloner 7 for $40: http://www.hermanstreet.com/store/smarthtml/dvd-cloner-7-t20.html?&ICID=AB-DVD%20Cloner%202009-12-14%20t20&mboxSession=1273191973746-742746

Easy DVD Clone is free for 7 days: http://download.cnet.com/Easy-DVD-Clone/3000-7970_4-10416957.html

6. When choosing the files to burn (software might say "add"), browse to the folder you downloaded via utorrent.  It should read "mmj2010-04-28.dvdf".  Open it.  

7. Then open the file that reads "mmj2010-04-28_part01.dvd9f".

8. Choose the folder, which should read "VIDEO_TS".  Don't open this folder or try to add the files individually.  Just add the entire VIDEO_TS folder.

9. Be sure to have a DVD+R or DVD-R Dual Layer blank disc in your DVD-RW drive.

10.  Check to see if your burning software requires any additional steps (naming the disc, choosing transfer mode such as hard drive to DVD9, etc.).

11.  When all looks good, check again.  Don't be afraid to hit the BACK button to be sure your ducks are in a row.

12.  Press the BURN button.  Be patient.  Expect 10-30 minutes.  When done, toss the disc in your favorite DVD player, fingers crossed, and HOPEFULLY, you'll melt yo face!

13. Repeat steps 7-12, this time opening the file that reads "mmj2010-04-28_part02.dvd9f".

thank you so much for putting together this checklist!

i've sent quite a few people over here with successful results!

johnnYYac

QuoteFor those new to the DVD burning game, here are a few things that might help.

1. Click here to download and install utorrent: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/

2. Click on this link to the Charleston show DVD torrent file: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77139&d=1273016643

3. When dialog box opens, click OPEN

4.  utorrent will automatically start the slow download.  Don't shut down your computer until its finished.  Give it overnight.  The file will end up in your DOWNLOADS folder unless you change the destination first.

5.  Open a DVD burning software.  

Nero is good but expensive ($80): http://www.nero.com/enu/store-nero10.html  

I just bought DVD Cloner 7 for $40: http://www.hermanstreet.com/store/smarthtml/dvd-cloner-7-t20.html?&ICID=AB-DVD%20Cloner%202009-12-14%20t20&mboxSession=1273191973746-742746

Easy DVD Clone is free for 7 days: http://download.cnet.com/Easy-DVD-Clone/3000-7970_4-10416957.html

6. When choosing the files to burn (software might say "add"), browse to the folder you downloaded via utorrent.  It should read "mmj2010-04-28.dvdf".  Open it.  

7. Then open the file that reads "mmj2010-04-28_part01.dvd9f".

8. Choose the folder, which should read "VIDEO_TS".  Don't open this folder or try to add the files individually.  Just add the entire VIDEO_TS folder.

9. Be sure to have a DVD+R or DVD-R Dual Layer blank disc in your DVD-RW drive.

10.  Check to see if your burning software requires any additional steps (naming the disc, choosing transfer mode such as hard drive to DVD9, etc.).

11.  When all looks good, check again.  Don't be afraid to hit the BACK button to be sure your ducks are in a row.

12.  Press the BURN button.  Be patient.  Expect 10-30 minutes.  When done, toss the disc in your favorite DVD player, fingers crossed, and HOPEFULLY, you'll melt yo face!

13. Repeat steps 7-12, this time opening the file that reads "mmj2010-04-28_part02.dvd9f".

thank you so much for putting together this checklist!

i've sent quite a few people over here with successful results!

Hey, thank you for making the recording available.  I know I speak for everyone.  

TheRoof

QuoteAny way to get MP3's of this show from the video?  I'd love to have a HQ recording...it was such a great show.

I concur.  I'd love to drive to work and back smiling an ice-cream grin the entire way.
You Are Everything

Erik26

Just got my copy...A million thanks to JohnnYac. Looks and sounds great. I love the pictures on the discs and cover. Well done.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

AlwxanderD10

Some guy yells oh brother where art thou after lay low. :-/....  ;D

johnnYYac

Back in June, I was checking out a You Tube posting of One Big Holiday from the Charleston show and read the following comment:

"My buddy[ch65279] Tim took myself and my now-wife to this show[ch65279] as our wedding gift (not to mention the Ben Harper show the night prior at HOB in Myrtle) and wins best wedding gift ever honors for eternity. [highlight]This was the best live music performance I have seen to this day.[/highlight] Thank you for the glimpse back to what that night was and how monumental in time this concert was is my life. Long live MMJ and Jim James is the baddest mother effer to rock out with a "duck hunt" gun on his hip"

I sent the author of this comment the following message:

"Hey,

I read your comment from the One Big Holiday clip from the Charleston My Morning Jacket show. First, congrats on your wedding. How about this for a wedding present? I have the complete Charleston show on 2 DVDs. It was recorded by a fellow MMJ fan who posted it on the MMJ fan forum. I will make you a nice copy, with disc labelling and a 2-disc case with insert. I offer this to you as a fan and don't ask for anything in return. Consider it another wedding present.

Here's a link to the posting about the DVD on the MMJ fan forum.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1273017054

On page 5 of this thread, you'll see the disc labelling and case insert I've created. I'm out of blank discs and 2-disc DVD cases, so I'm putting an order in to Amazon as soon as I'm done with this message. So, it might be a couple of weeks.

If you're interested, send me and email and mailing address: johnnYYac@comcast.net

Take care,

John"

I didn't hear back until early August, when I got this email:

"First off, really cool of you to take the time to write me and offer such an amazing gift to someone you don't even know just based on a mutual love and appreciation of such an amazing band. This was my first MMJ show but my wife had seen them twice before, once in Austin at ACL and once in Boston with the Boston Pops! She turned me on to them and have been a better person because of it. My address is REMOVED FOR PRIVACY. Let me know if I can do anything in return for such generosity.

Sincere Thanks,
Andy"

So, I burned the discs and mailed 'em to the newlyweds, along with a copy of Acoustic Chorale.  I've since gotten a very nice, post-wedding thank you note from his wife and an email from Andy.

If ANYONE here has not yet made DVDs of this show, please let me know.  I watched it last night, knowing many others were rocking out with MMJ in Canandaigua, NY.  I was in concert mode, used my wireless headphones for my sleeping family's sake, and rocked out in my living room.  I went outside to listen to I'm Amazed whilst looking at the stars.  Perfect!

scosby2

you're the damn salt of the earth, john. this is why i love this band and this place

JPV

i would absolutely [size=16]LOVE[/size] a copy of this if you are willing.

joey_rogo

johnnYYac

Quotei would absolutely [size=16]LOVE[/size] a copy of this if you are willing.

Quotejohnny! i still don't have this!

PMs sent, gentlemen.  ;)

(Sorry, JPV.  I'm assuming your a gentleman.  I've met Joey, but you've chosen to keep your gender to yourself.  No offense if I guessed wrong.)

iLikeBeer

QuoteBack in June, I was checking out a You Tube posting of One Big Holiday from the Charleston show and read the following comment:

"My buddy[ch65279] Tim took myself and my now-wife to this show[ch65279] as our wedding gift (not to mention the Ben Harper show the night prior at HOB in Myrtle) and wins best wedding gift ever honors for eternity. [highlight]This was the best live music performance I have seen to this day.[/highlight] Thank you for the glimpse back to what that night was and how monumental in time this concert was is my life. Long live MMJ and Jim James is the baddest mother effer to rock out with a "duck hunt" gun on his hip"

I sent the author of this comment the following message:

"Hey,

I read your comment from the One Big Holiday clip from the Charleston My Morning Jacket show. First, congrats on your wedding. How about this for a wedding present? I have the complete Charleston show on 2 DVDs. It was recorded by a fellow MMJ fan who posted it on the MMJ fan forum. I will make you a nice copy, with disc labelling and a 2-disc case with insert. I offer this to you as a fan and don't ask for anything in return. Consider it another wedding present.

Here's a link to the posting about the DVD on the MMJ fan forum.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1273017054

On page 5 of this thread, you'll see the disc labelling and case insert I've created. I'm out of blank discs and 2-disc DVD cases, so I'm putting an order in to Amazon as soon as I'm done with this message. So, it might be a couple of weeks.

If you're interested, send me and email and mailing address: johnnYYac@comcast.net

Take care,

John"

I didn't hear back until early August, when I got this email:

"First off, really cool of you to take the time to write me and offer such an amazing gift to someone you don't even know just based on a mutual love and appreciation of such an amazing band. This was my first MMJ show but my wife had seen them twice before, once in Austin at ACL and once in Boston with the Boston Pops! She turned me on to them and have been a better person because of it. My address is REMOVED FOR PRIVACY. Let me know if I can do anything in return for such generosity.

Sincere Thanks,
Andy"

So, I burned the discs and mailed 'em to the newlyweds, along with a copy of Acoustic Chorale.  I've since gotten a very nice, post-wedding thank you note from his wife and an email from Andy.

If ANYONE here has not yet made DVDs of this show, please let me know.  I watched it last night, knowing many others were rocking out with MMJ in Canandaigua, NY.  I was in concert mode, used my wireless headphones for my sleeping family's sake, and rocked out in my living room.  I went outside to listen to I'm Amazed whilst looking at the stars.  Perfect!

Great storty John!  Spreading the love one fan at a time!  8-)

BigBossMan

For those of you who have macs, i figured out how to view it on the dvd player on the mac.

These are just the steps I took so:
After you download the file, go into iDVD and click on Project, then Project Info

In almost the top right, it says DVD Type: Change it from Single Layer to Double Layer

Click on Advanced at the top
-Edit DVD-Rom Contents
--Add Files
---Just add the download

Then just go on over to DVD Player
-At the top, File
--Open DVD Media

Should come right on
Now, I'm not sure all that stuff with iDVD is necessary, but that's how I got the thing to finally work, so maybe try going straight into DVD Player and if it doesnt work go back and do the iDVD thing

Thanks Baustin, the video is awesome.  You might even say, "I'm Amazed"  wah wah
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

headhunter

omg big time!  wow is this one special.   this was the best experience i've had in front of a tv since mmj were on american dad!
like i was back at merriweather post  (a few days later).  ONE SPECTULAR RECORDING! :D :D :D

big thanks Baustin and big thanks to Mr. Johnny Y, a very kind and generous guy and a big asset and contributor to this forum.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Time to bump this bitch.

Cure the post-October blues with this sweet trip down memory lane.  A great setlist, a fantastic fan-shot video, primo sound.  I'm listening to it right now, STEAM ENGINE (my god!) as I type this.  Check this out...

2010-04-28 Family Circle - Charleston, SC      
1. Tonite I want To Celebrate With You- start with some 'chord!
2. At Dawn- I love this song!
3. Gideon- a great extended jam
4. Off The Record
5. What A Wonderful Man- love it!
6. I'm Amazed
7. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.1
8. Golden
9. Thank You Too!- this is a great tune, a soul love song.
10. Mahgeetah
11. Lay Low- do you remember a full Lay Low?  its been a while; amazing Hendrixian Jim jam at the end.
12. Lowdown
13. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)- a beatiful tune; looks like this will be a track on the new album
14. Librarian
15. Steam Engine- say no more; still listening to it as I type.
16. Smokin From Shootin
17. (end of) Run Thru
18. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.2
19. One Big Holiday
----------
20. Over The Rainbow (Daniel "Weenie" Farrow solo)
21. Wordless Chorus
22. Evil Urges *
23. Dancefloors *
24. Highly Suspicious *
25. Carnival Time (Al Johnson) *
26. Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield) *

* w/ Preservation Hall Jazz Band

If you have this, make the room dark, get in concert mode (whatever that may be), crank it or use good 'phones, stand in front of your TV, and rock the shit out!  Cape action!  Duck Hunt gunplay!  Weenie's Over the Rainbow!  

Its almost midnight, I'm almost drunk, and I'm listening to...

Smokin' from Shooting.

more than you ever did

just a kid

a perfect vision of the self

Gotta go.  Touch Me 2 is coming.

Contact me if you need a copy.