5/13 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
5/15 Durham, NC - Duke Performances
5/16 Athens, GA - Georgia Theatre
5/17 Atlanta, GA - Buckhead Theatre
5/22 Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
5/24 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
hey John-  do you know if that date was part of a new tour or just a random one-off?   I went looking for other tour dates / confirmation .... would love to catch him again and may consider making the trip to Portland... I did see that show on the State Theatre website but no other dates anywhere else; although, my google skills are poor.   I was hoping for a Boston date before / after.
Kyle, I see you found the other dates and imagine you'll hit up the House of Blues show, as its closer.  Portland is about 30-45 minutes longer to get to than Boston from here, but the Portland show is on a Saturday night, so that's where I'll be.  If any forumites are planning on the 5/5 Portland, ME show, let me know and we can break bread and wine (or beer) prior.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jahmazed

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
hey John-  do you know if that date was part of a new tour or just a random one-off?   I went looking for other tour dates / confirmation .... would love to catch him again and may consider making the trip to Portland... I did see that show on the State Theatre website but no other dates anywhere else; although, my google skills are poor.   I was hoping for a Boston date before / after.
Kyle, I see you found the other dates and imagine you'll hit up the House of Blues show, as its closer.  Portland is about 30-45 minutes longer to get to than Boston from here, but the Portland show is on a Saturday night, so that's where I'll be.  If any forumites are planning on the 5/5 Portland, ME show, let me know and we can break bread and wine (or beer) prior.

We might see ya there Johnny not sure yet may seems far away right now..

subinai

very stoked about this. a lot of spring shows popping up that will tide over until MMJ announces more dates ;)

mahg33ta

Portland sounds pretty good for a Big Night Out if I can rally Mrs Magh33ta but most likely, yes, it'll be Tues night in Boston ....

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 19, 2012, 07:54 AM

Portland sounds pretty good for a Big Night Out if I can rally Mrs Magh33ta but most likely, yes, it'll be Tues night in Boston ....
For what its worth, Michele will be joining me for this one and we will stay around the corner at the Eastland Park Hotel.  Its where MMJ stayed the day I met all 5, where DBT stayed the night I met 2 crew plus Cooley and Hood, so maybe an M. sighting is possible.  I'm looking for rates but the site is buggy.  I'll give 'em a call.  Some reviews suggest its m'eh, but if its good enough for Yim, its good enough for me!  I've stayed there twice and you can't beat the location and parking situation, too.

EDIT - Eastland Park is closed starting in April until some time in 2013, major upgrades as it becomes part of the Westin hotel chain.  The next best bet seems to be another place around the corner from the State Theatre, Holiday Inn's Portland By The Bay.  Rates are around $120/night.

BH

Damn, a Tuesday in Chicago is my best option.   What's a guy gotta do to see an M. Ward solo show!!!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bold992006

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 19, 2012, 07:54 AM

For what its worth, Michele will be joining me for this one and we will stay around the corner at the Eastland Park Hotel.  Its where MMJ stayed the day I met all 5, where DBT stayed the night I met 2 crew plus Cooley and Hood, so maybe an M. sighting is possible.  I'm looking for rates but the site is buggy.  I'll give 'em a call.  Some reviews suggest its m'eh, but if its good enough for Yim, its good enough for me!  I've stayed there twice and you can't beat the location and parking situation, too.

EDIT - Eastland Park is closed starting in April until some time in 2013, major upgrades as it becomes part of the Westin hotel chain.  The next best bet seems to be another place around the corner from the State Theatre, Holiday Inn's Portland By The Bay.  Rates are around $120/night.

Eastland is a great hotel.  I hung out with MMJ at the bar on the top floor when they played there last time...and yeah closing for renovations.  I'm staying there one last time in Feb before it closes.  Portland is a great town.

johnnYYac

Tix be got.  johnnY and Dr./Mrs. Yac to Portland.  Now to find babysitting... G'ma!

subinai

tix on sale for NYC on 1/27 @ noon

BH

A Wasteland Companion
April 9th

01. Clean Slate (for Alex & El Goodo)
02. Primitive Girl
03. Me And My Shadow
04. Sweetheart
05. I Get Ideas
06. The First Time I Ran Away
07. A Wasteland Companion
08. Watch The Show
09. There's A Key
10. Crawl After You
11. Wild Goose
12. Pure Joy
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Fully

Ok, I love that. I'm now really excited for this album to come out.

BH

April 1oth cannot get here fast enough.

A Wasteland Companion features the talents of M Ward (piano, guitars, voice, production), Mike Coykendall (percussion, bass), Giant Sand's Howe Gelb (piano), John Parish (percussion, marimba), Bright Eyes' Mike Mogis (organ), Susan Sanchez (vocals), She & Him's Zooey Deschanel (vocals), Jordan Hudson (percussion), Adam Selzer (bass), Nathan "JR" Andersen (piano), Scott McPherson (percussion), Sonic Youth's Steve Shelley (percussion), Dr Dog's Tobey Leaman (bass), Devotchka's Tom Hagerman (strings), Oakely Hall's Rachel Cox (vocals), Amanda Lawrence (violin), John Graboff (pedal steel) and Tyler Tornfelt (bass). The recording utilized eight engineers, including Tom Schick (Rufus Wainwright) and John Parish (PJ Harvey).

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Fully

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Mar 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
A Wasteland Companion is streaming on NPR
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/25/148922178/first-listen-m-ward-a-wasteland-companion?sc=fb&cc=fmp
Thanks, Fully!  Listening during my planning block.  I've got the vinyl on preorder and tix for early May.  Some country twang in this first track...

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/25/148922178/first-listen-m-ward-a-wasteland-companion?sc=fb&cc=fmp
Thanks, Fully!  Listening during my planning block.  I've got the vinyl on preorder and tix for early May.  Some country twang in this first track...

I like solo M.Ward so much better than I care for She & Him. I'm so excited about this new album. So far, my favorites are "The First Time I Ran Away", "Crawl After You", and "Clean "Slate". I really like the use of strings on "Crawl After You".

It's also great music to clean the bathroom to; although, I'm currently trying to avoid dealing with sweeping/mopping the floor in there. It will have to be done though. My avoidance technique has not proved successful in keeping the house clean.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Mar 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 26, 2012, 12:31 PM

I like solo M.Ward so much better than I care for She & Him. I'm so excited about this new album. So far, my favorites are "The First Time I Ran Away", "Crawl After You", and "Clean "Slate". I really like the use of strings on "Crawl After You".

It's also great music to clean the bathroom to; although, I'm currently trying to avoid dealing with sweeping/mopping the floor in there. It will have to be done though. My avoidance technique has not proved successful in keeping the house clean.

must listen tonight! thanks, fully!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Excellent!   Listening party tonight!?!?

vinyl purchased.....