Main Menu

Springsteen

Started by ericm, Nov 11, 2011, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
I was lucky enough to get some tix for the monday april 9th show at msg.

I had 6 people working computers and 1 got thru - one of the toughest ticket buying experiences.

psyched to be in the door.

Tell me about it! TM SUCKS for Bruce tix. I think he broke TM today. ;)

I kept refreshing the purchase page, and got right in at 12:00. It gave me a 2 minute loop,stayed there for a bit ( I was feeling good at that time), and then it kept bumping up, til I got that dreaded...15 minute or more screen! Thankfully at around 12:20 it came back with two tix in the 300 level, so I'm glad to at least be in the door too.
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

painful my friend but we are in the door.

b/c eric, for us old-timers, tramps like us  ......
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 27, 2012, 02:23 PM

don't forget this tramp! I'll be there, too (thanks, HH!)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

I prefer to think of us as "seasoned vets" on the first part,  ;)  but definitely with you on the "tramps" part.

"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 27, 2012, 02:25 PM

Ok that clinches it! I might have to see if I can trade my Friday extra, for a Monday so I can join you guys.  ;D

Had a hot date lined up for the Friday show, but hey, maybe I'll just take her to Philly instead if I get tix tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Love to see Bruce @ MSG with some of my MMJ forum family. 8)
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

I just got a GA for the DC show.  Wasn't expecting to succeed on that front after hearing about what went down yesterday. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

mahg33ta

I tried for Boston today and was shut out.    Typical spinning wheels and "your wait time is 6 minutes crap".   I don't care too much either way (don't shoot me Bruce-lovers) but my friend Sean is a huge fan and was busy at 10 am today so I was trying for him and failed.

ericm

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
I tried for Boston today and was shut out.    Typical spinning wheels and "your wait time is 6 minutes crap".   I don't care too much either way (don't shoot me Bruce-lovers) but my friend Sean is a huge fan and was busy at 10 am today so I was trying for him and failed.

Tell your friend Sean not to worry. They'll be a 2nd US leg late Summer/Fall after they return from Europe.

More shows in a lot more cities, and I'm sure the Northeast will see a few multi-night stands. A much easier ticket to get, and even better shows,imo. There's already talk of a Yankee Stadium show, Wrigley Field's already booked, some at Met - Life, and other Stadiums too. Those are sure to satisfy the ticket demand, and make the 2nd leg arena shows an easier get.

You should definitely go and check out one of those with Sean. I doubt you'd be disappointed.

(Puts the glock down and walks away......)  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: ericm on Jan 27, 2012, 02:31 PM

Ok that clinches it! I might have to see if I can trade my Friday extra, for a Monday so I can join you guys.  ;D

Had a hot date lined up for the Friday show, but hey, maybe I'll just take her to Philly instead if I get tix tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Trade's lined up, date's been shifted to Philly, so I'm up for hanging with you two for some BRUCE at MSG night 2!  ;D
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Jan 31, 2012, 11:43 AM

Trade's lined up, date's been shifted to Philly, so I'm up for hanging with you two for some BRUCE at MSG night 2!  ;D

PERFECT!!!  I remember us chatting with Penny at Stout prior to the MMJ show telling her that we would be thrilled to take her to her first Bruce show.  Only drag is that we will farther away from the stage than we've ever been for an MMJ show.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 31, 2012, 01:06 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 31, 2012, 11:43 AM

PERFECT!!!  I remember us chatting with Penny at Stout prior to the MMJ show telling her that we would be thrilled to take her to her first Bruce show.  Only drag is that we will farther away from the stage than we've ever been for an MMJ show.

True, but as you said earlier.... we're in the building!  8) Bruce @ MSG is a special event,imo, and we're going to have a blast no matter where the seats are.   :beer:

We'll just have to try and get her close on leg 2 of the tour.  ;)  I've had great luck with tix for those shows in the past.

I plan on keeping an eye out for upgrading through a ticket drop leading up to the  MSG shows. If I hear anything,I'll let you know. It definitely won't be a problem reselling our original tix if we are able to score some through a drop.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

A little something to get the juices flowing for the start of the tour next month.  :beer:

Bruce Springsteen - 28 Twist And Shout - The Stadium Breaker - Sweden 2008
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Things are heating up. Album released soon, and tour too.

"LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON" HONORS BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN WITH A WEEK OF MUSICAL TRIBUTES FEBRUARY 27 โ€“ MARCH 2
by Bruce Springsteen on Saturday, 25 February 2012 at 10:57 ยท
FEATURING TWO NIGHTS OF PERFORMANCES BY BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND
Kenny Chesney and Elvis Costello Also Set To Perform

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band to Appear as Fallon's Only Guest on "Late Night's" Third Anniversary Show March 2
New York -- February 24, 2012 โ€“ "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" will honor Bruce Springsteen with a weeklong musical tribute February 27 โ€“ March 2 (12:35 a.m. on NBC) to celebrate the launch of his new album, "Wrecking Ball," which will be released on Columbia Records March 6. Each night, the show's featured musical guest will perform selected songs from his extensive catalog.

Fallon welcomes Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band to studio 6B on Monday, February 27 to open the week with two performances. Then, returning on Friday, March 2, which also marks "Late Night's" third anniversary, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will appear as the only guest for that episode. Springsteen will chat with Fallon for an interview segment before taking the "Late Night" stage again for multiple performances with the band. Springsteen's "Late Night" appearances are his only currently scheduled American television stops prior to a massive world tour beginning March 18 in Atlanta.

One of "Late Night's" most memorable moments included a 70s dressed Springsteen and Fallon dressed as Neil Young performing a parody of pop hit "Whip My Hair" together during the musician's November 16, 2010 debut on the talk show. The video of the comedy bit garnered instant viral success.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Here's a link to one of the tunes off Bruce's new album; Wrecking Ball. Only available for 24 hours, not sure how long it's been up.

He's been doing this live for quite a while now, but finally put in on an official release. I always loved this tune, but man it sounds even better than ever,imo.

Land Of Hope And Dreams:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/03/stream-bruce-springsteens-land-of-hope-and-dreams-free-today/

One of my favorite lines ever: " Faith will be rewarded!"
"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Mar 01, 2012, 08:45 PM
Here's a link to one of the tunes off Bruce's new album; Wrecking Ball. Only available for 24 hours, not sure how long it's been up.

He's been doing this live for quite a while now, but finally put in on an official release. I always loved this tune, but man it sounds even better than ever,imo.

Land Of Hope And Dreams:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/03/stream-bruce-springsteens-land-of-hope-and-dreams-free-today/

digging the new song!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 01, 2012, 09:03 PM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 01, 2012, 08:45 PM

Land Of Hope And Dreams:

digging the new song!

Glad you like it.

I'd be willing to bet some serious shillings we'll get this one at MSG.  :thumbsup: It was a staple for a while, then dropped down to a once in a while tune, but now that he re-worked it a little, I'm sure he's gonna want to show it off. ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Headhunter alerted me to this,and I had to put it up here.

Bruce, and The E St. Band w/Tom Morello, and Fallon's band The Roots doing The E St. Shuffle last night on Fallon. Probably only going to be available to view for 24 hours, and I don't know how long it's been up. Get it while you can! Tons of fun!!  Love this version, and think it bodes well for the upcoming tour.

Enjoy

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/03/bruce-springsteen-performs-e-street-shuffle/
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Bruce and Fallon doing another funny duet bit with Fallon as Neil Young again, and Bruce dressed in his 80's Born In The USA look.  This time it's "Sexy And I Know It". Pretty funny stuff.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/03/05/watch-jimmy-fallon-and-bruce-springsteen-duet-on-sexy-and-i-know-it/
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

I listened to the new record today a couple of times and really like it.  Probably my favorite album of new material he has put out since Devils and Dust. 

I'd be interested to know what others on here think of it.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 06, 2012, 06:06 PM
I listened to the new record today a couple of times and really like it.  Probably my favorite album of new material he has put out since Devils and Dust. 

I'd be interested to know what others on here think of it.

I really like it too,and kind of agree with you about the previous albums. Although I do like quite a bit of the Rising, and a decent amount of Magic. As a whole album, I think Wrecking Ball tops Magic, and is gaining on The Rising to me.

My favorites so far are: Shackled and Drawn, Death To My Hometown, This Depression, You've Got It, and one of my all-time faves; Land Of Hope And Dreams. That one sounds SO good, love that he finally put it out on an album.

Looking forward to seeing some of these new ones live.
"Where's Jim going?"