Started by johnnYYac, Apr 05, 2012, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Time for a new thread.

Legs on Leno!

GP&TN on The Tonight Show... tonight!

New tune!

Also, Record Store Day release:

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mjk73

Yeah, she's great. Insanely high energy on stage. And those leg. Sweet jesus, those legs.

johnnYYac

You mean these?

Great band, too!  ::)

ManNamedTruth

I thought they had a lot of potential until I heard that ooh lala song, now I think they're prime for selling out. Even down to the way Grace dresses now, she knows sex sells. I'm not a fan of the orange skin look, I'm probably in the minority but I dig this look more:

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

Set your DVRs...

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals live on AXS TV tonight, 10:15 PM EST

They also did an episode of VH1 Storytellers recently.

And catch Grace on Darryl Hall's show, "Live from Darryl's House" on Palladia.  What a voice!

GO4IT

I came here to post about GP and thought I'd have to dig out an old thread but here it is right at the top!

Thanks for the heads up jYac about the broadcast tonight.

I've been trolling on CraigsList the past few days for 2 tix to the sold out 12/6 show (first of three) at the 9:30 Club in DC. Anybody have an extra pair to sell?  Anyone else going?  I can't go to the other shows as I'm heading to Philly to see the Who on 12/8.

BTW, I much prefer MNT's version of GP.

GO4IT

Heading out with the Ms to see the first of 4 sold out GPN shows at the 9:30 club in DC!

GO4IT

Great show tonight (Thurs. night) at the 9:30 Club!  Lots of talent and energy.  If you're in the area, definitely try to catch one of the next three nights.

StaggerLee

I have a huge crush on her.  Just sayin...
Flip Flip Flipadelphia

GO4IT

Quote from: StaggerLee on Dec 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
OK, then, here's a shot from the Dec. 6 show - GP in motion with her flying V.

YimYodd

I really dig GP's voice, legs , old & new look!
I've never been crazy about the sound of the Nocturnals though.
I like that she plays w/ alot of other people.
LFDH  performance is good, my favs gotta be her jammin w/ Willy Waldman, Joe Satriani& the boys - CORTEZ THE KILLER   :cool:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q&feature=player_detailpage&list=FL_owLnQjpLDjezRsAYtmMaQ"
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

GO4IT

Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
Quote from: StaggerLee on Dec 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
OK, then, here's a shot from the Dec. 6 show - GP in motion with her flying V.

Not sure what's going wrong with my pix post.  Let me try again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89843352@N07/8276865200/#sizes/c/in/photostream/

johnnYYac

Colfax

She has such a commanding stage presence. She really should be bigger than she is. The band is a little unremarkable I think and it must be holding her back.

LEGS

rusty95

Her old solo piano stuff is the best imo.  She has gotten away from the piano more recently.  The first time I seen them live was the best, to this day their shows have been less and less special for me.  I agree on the selling out comment above.  She has her eyes on hollywood. 

Last time in Louisville I stood out back of the Brown so my daughters could see her and maybe get an autograph or pic.  We were the only ones that even made an effort to meet her after the show.  So 2 girls ages 13 and 7, she walks out with 3 body guards and goes straight to the hotel, walks right past my girls and doesn't even make eye contact.  Really, your not Madonna, just a look and a smile or wave would have made their night.  Bitch!

now we go see Ben and stay home for Grace
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

ChiefOKONO

Well she has a new album out, has anyone heard it?

This new song Release is pretty great!

https://www.today.com/video/grace-potter-performs-release-live-on-today-76192325978