Steam Engine lyrics

Started by eiseyrokker, Jun 30, 2004, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

okay, at the end of Steam Engine, Jim is singing something over and over, but I still have no clue what hes singing. Anybody else have any clue? I checke the lyrics on the bands website, but it ends at the end of the actual lyrics. Any help would be massively appreciated, I love that part of the song.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

katkillad

I never thought he was actually saying anything, i assumed he was just mumbling/rambling.  However, i really have no idea.  Definately one of my favorites as well, maybe a step below Strangulation.    

TheMollusk

sorry, i just love the way you responded to a post asking a specific question when it is completely obvious to yourself that you had absolutely no answer or input, except to see yourself post. classic.

katkillad

Quotesorry, i just love the way you responded to a post asking a specific question when it is completely obvious to yourself that you had absolutely no answer or input, except to see yourself post. classic.

My answer was i dont think hes saying anything, but i wasnt trying to pretend like i knew for sure. Thanks for the flame!!!

P.S.  Learn to spell ( dicography???)

MMJ_fanatic

Aw don't pay that guy any mind--he's practicing his "Winning friends and influencing people" skills.......not!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheMollusk

two things...it's spelled 'discography'
second...saying 'not' at then end of a sentence is a completely useless and moronic way of trying to be sarcastic, never mind that its been played out for about fifteen years. its called the english language. and no, i really dont care if ur my friend, i know you..etc.

TheMollusk

oh i see. i missed the 's' in my post heading. hmm you REALLY got me there. sorry, next time i'll certainly be more careful as i don't want to suffer the wrath of any forum members with spell check

lfish

So back to the lyrics.

Anyone an idea?

As for me, he's singing lidadididadididadida and so on, which is a very strange language.

Maybe he's imitating a steam engine which runs out of steam.

Ok I'll cut the crap. Sorry for this waste of your time.
lfish

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteSo back to the lyrics.

Anyone an idea?

As for me, he's singing lidadididadididadida and so on, which is a very strange language.

Maybe he's imitating a steam engine which runs out of steam.

Ok I'll cut the crap. Sorry for this waste of your time.

That's perfectly ok you write whatever you like on our bulletin boards and never you mind what stinky poopy heads say to critique the worth/applicability/value of what you right.

MMJ_fanatic

second...saying 'not' at then end of a sentence is a completely useless and moronic way of trying to be sarcastic, never mind that its been played out for about fifteen years. its called the english language. and no, i really dont care if ur my friend, i know you..etc.

I use this syntax to annoy people just like you.  Why don't you just relax, shut up, enjoy the vibe of the MMJ community, and quit acting like you are the ultimate judge what is and is not acceptable to talk about here.

tomEisenbraun

wow, I'm surprised that such a simple discussion could spark so much rage. Anyways, I always thought it sounded a little somewhat mysteriously similar to "Bikini Bottom" (for those of not educated in the fine art of SpongeBob Squarepants, this is his hometown). Why, Jim would be chanting Bikini Bottom over and over sort of failed to escape me, seeing as those were most likely not the correct lyrics. You'd just sort of hope he was saying somehting important if he repeats it for about a minute straight. Gorgeous song, by the way. "goddamn those shaky knees..."

TheMollusk

dude, you just made a post containing the phrase "stinky poopy heads" do you have down syndrome?

lyricjunkie

Our dear Mullusk...

Aside from your spelling problem...
I think you need to feel some love... well, you need to feel something other than your OWN love anyway. Honey... relax.  It ain't nothin' but a thang! ;)
Talk less....
Say more.

MMJ_fanatic

Quotedude, you just made a post containing the phrase "stinky poopy heads" do you have down syndrome?

Yea I am totally down with MMJ ;D

PS you were never invited to be my friend

Oz

What the fuck is happening here? We're talking about lyrics here! And since the official lyrics end after the "all the proof you need"-part, I think it's safe to assume the rest is just plain, effective and damn catchy, may I say, lidadum-rambling. Now all of you kids get back in your schooldesks again, please. MMJ_fanatic and Mollusk, if you can't behave adult, then log in on the Limp Bizkit forum.
I'm ready when you are

lyricjunkie

:D :D :D :DSorrry mr O... I'll try to behave too!
Talk less....
Say more.

katkillad

I thought I was being helpful in suggesting he was just rambling.  I guess I got a little defensive when someone said my post was not helpful.  I noticed this wasn't the only post Mullisk was being noticeably rude in so I decided to comment on his inability to get along with other people.  I also noticed he has yet to say anything nice so I don't blame anyone for sticking up for fellow mmj fans.  

Alright, enough of that.

tomEisenbraun

so its decided. Jim is rambling, but gorgeously so. Only that man could make a couple ladidum's sound that awesoem and powerful.

lfish

Correct!

Even the beatles tried it with obladi oblada after hearing steam engine, or was it just the other way around?
lfish

LIAM

I have been singing "we got em, we got em" at the end of that one, thats my opinion though :o