Main Menu

2014 Festivals

Started by e_wind, Jan 14, 2014, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kintante5

Maybe wishful thinking....but does the fact that Antibalas is at Mountain Jam, as well as two Americanarama artists(Tweedy and Weir) make MMJ likely to be the final headliner? 

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Fully

subinai

i love the alabama shakes but i dont think they should be headlining

parkervb

subinai

im really eager for the newport folk fest lineup to be announced

oistheone

Still waiting for that WHAM lineup to be announced. Not a festival called WHAM but a lineup that makes hits you like WHAM -- I GOTTA BE THERE!! There's at least one every year, but this far into announcement season, I'm WHAMless. Granted, it's still very, very early.

LBSUNFLWR

oistheone

Looks like Roo is doing their BLAM show at night this year, and also will be hosting watch parties scattered across North America. Feel like I have to go to this, just on the off-chance of winning tickets!

Also, Outkast has signed on to play a festival in Poland on Roo weekend, so that just about eliminates them, while at the same time making them seem extremely likely for Forecastle. As if the HEY YA hints posted by FC weren't obvious enough.

mahg33ta

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 28, 2014, 01:50 PM
Still waiting for that WHAM lineup to be announced. Not a festival called WHAM but a lineup that makes hits you like WHAM -- I GOTTA BE THERE!! There's at least one every year, but this far into announcement season, I'm WHAMless. Granted, it's still very, very early.

shaky knees did it for me.

oistheone

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 06, 2014, 01:41 PM

The Shaky Knees lineup is unreal, especially with that Replacements add! It's just missing a certain Jacket-sais-quoi.

Once the other lineups are released I'll be able to make a much more informed decision.

All music festivals should ignore the principles of commerce and just host LINEUP DAY where every lineup gets dumped at the exact same minute and breaks the internet.

Fully

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 06, 2014, 01:41 PM

I was underwhelmed when Shaky Knees made their third headliner Alabama Shakes, yet I would love to go at least for the weekend. After I see Roo's and Forecastle's lineups, I'll need to pick my fests.

APR

All of my favorite artists playing Shaky Knees are spread out over the three days.  Not sure what to do.  Anyone remember when the late night acts were announced at Shaky Knees last year?   I thought they were listed early on.  The Roo and Forecastle announcement will help with the decision.

Fully

I'm pretty sure they were announced at the same time as the lineup.

mahg33ta

Quote from: Fully on Feb 06, 2014, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they were announced at the same time as the lineup.

yes, they were.

This year the organizers have said there will be "more" late night shows, for what it's worth.   So far, they've announced one:  Ghost, on Friday night.   A band I haven't heard, but read that announcement while at OBH w/ Mr Whippy and he gave an instant thumbs down.

subinai

im really ready for the newport folk fest lineup to be announced

parkervb

love that Jim is the background for NFF's twitter page

https://twitter.com/Newportfolkfest

APR

I just saw something called Gasparilla Music Fest, March 8 in FLA.  Coulc be good for Mr. and Mrs. Mahg33ta... Delta Spirit and J Roddy plus a bunch more.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 13, 2014, 10:26 AM

That is a terrific photo.  It was available to purchase last year at some point (unfortunately I can't remember who was selling it though or have any idea if it sold out).

Penny Lane

Quote from: APR on Feb 14, 2014, 09:44 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Feb 13, 2014, 10:26 AM

That is a terrific photo.  It was available to purchase last year at some point (unfortunately I can't remember who was selling it though or have any idea if it sold out).

Brian Lima

http://www.brianlima.com/
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill