Main Menu

Breathin'

Started by eiseyrokker, Aug 28, 2005, 12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Checked out Grimey's today for the first time. My all time favorite record shop by far. I need more money.

So I found the Run Thru EP. And it has Breathin' on it. And I have found a new favorite MMJ song. This song is absolutely awesome Belong's right with the crazy fuzzed out M. White Rabbit. Such a sweet chillin with a vengeance song.

Anybody else gotten a hold of this?
Any clue as to thhe lyrics?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMillionDreams

'Breathin' is an interesting one.  I wouldn't call it my favorite but it's got a good feel to it.  I have no idea as to the lyrics for this song but I love the Run Thru EP if for no other reason than the cover.  Hilarious!

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Jellyfish

Yeah...I got it...I love "Breathin'"....did you get the sticker of the ISM cover with it?
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

The ISM sticker is from the UK release... (Maybe Run Thru was only a UK release?)

I have it.

I love breathin'.  And I love it because I love the songs that Jim makes by himself, just messin' around.  I'm not entirely sure that that's the case with this one, but I think I remember someone saying that.

I still want to know who the long-haired dude in the hot tub is.  I believe it was O who said "That is the most erotic MMJ picture to date."  ;)

sweatboard

Isn't that Tommy?  I think I remember someone saying that.
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteIsn't that Tommy?  I think I remember someone saying that.
Heh.  That's Tommy on the front, but I don't think that's Tommy on the back.  In the hot tub?  I remember someone suggesting it might be him, but I'm pretty sure it isn't..  This dude has a pretty intense moustache.  

I used to think it was Riny until I met Riny.  ;)

hot tub

i believe that's none other than dave doughman from swearing at motorists

sweatboard

Quotei believe that's none other than dave doughman from swearing at motorists

Holy Shit!  I never thought about that but it has to be.  I saw them in Knoxville that man has more stage energy than I've ever seen, it was was as if he was on a pogo stick the entire show.  Man they were awesome.
There's Still Time.........

CC

I used to think it was Riny until I met Riny.  ;)

I never let myself seen in a hot tub. just me and my hot tub.

listen to hot tub ;)

EC

I always listen to hot tubs.  They are very wise.  ;)

Oz

QuoteThe ISM sticker is from the UK release... (Maybe Run Thru was only a UK release?)

I have it.

I love breathin'.  And I love it because I love the songs that Jim makes by himself, just messin' around.  I'm not entirely sure that that's the case with this one, but I think I remember someone saying that.

I still want to know who the long-haired dude in the hot tub is.  I believe it was O who said "That is the most erotic MMJ picture to date."  ;)

It is, isn't it? And Breathin' is a cool song indeed. On one of the first times I heard it, I said to my girlfriend at the time that I thought it was a damn sexy song. So I hereby pronounce the 'Run thru' EP to be the most erotic thing the guys have produced so far.

Hey, Riny, you should definitely get a moustache like that... :)
I'm ready when you are

EC

It is, isn't it? And Breathin' is a cool song indeed. On one of the first times I heard it, I said to my girlfriend at the time that I thought it was a damn sexy song. So I hereby pronounce the 'Run thru' EP to be the most erotic thing the guys have produced so far.

Hey, Riny, you should definitely get a moustache like that... :)
Well Run Thru has my favourite Patrick moves as well as my favourite keyboard moves, so I'll agree to that.  And the lovely version of Old September Blues.  It's a highly erotic album for sure.  (I like the cardboard element, as well.)

I went to the Swearing at Motorists website, and now I can't stop looking at Dave Doughman.  I'm mesmerized by his face.

realdeal

Thats David Grohl in the hot tub, duh.

peanut butter puddin surprise

sure it isn't Dave Mustaine?  or how about Lemmy?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

primushead

Wasn't some girl from 90210 on the cover of some album?  Jenny Girth?

Oz

Well Run Thru has my favourite Patrick moves as well as my favourite keyboard moves, so I'll agree to that.  And the lovely version of Old September Blues.  It's a highly erotic album for sure.  (I like the cardboard element, as well.)

I went to the Swearing at Motorists website, and now I can't stop looking at Dave Doughman.  I'm mesmerized by his face.

I'd say Doughman is our mystery man in the tub! He's also in the 'thank you's of the EP.
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Wich, I suppose, is exactly what you were trying to say, right, EC?
I'm ready when you are

Jellyfish

O,that Patti Smith Horses album is heady...one of my favs...very influential.Another album I like in the same era is Television's Marquee Moon.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

QuoteWich, I suppose, is exactly what you were trying to say, right, EC?
Maybe it was...  was it?

I think I was agreeing with hot tub and Riny.

corey

Eisey, I told you that Grimey's is awesome!
 :)