J Roddy Walston and the Business

Started by Ruckus, Dec 30, 2010, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manonthemoon

We've already got our tix, so we'll be there.
Alive or Just Breathing

parkervb

they dominated The National on Friday.  They have found some space in some of the songs but I think J Rod was either not feeling well or the vocals were off in the mix.  But still a great show!
Don't you ever turn it off

GO4IT

Quote from: manonthemoon on Nov 30, 2014, 05:03 PM
Just got our tix. We're in!!!

manonthemoon

Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 01, 2014, 11:05 PM
Quote from: manonthemoon on Nov 30, 2014, 05:03 PM
Just got our tix. We're in!!!

Awesome, should be a great night of  :drum:
Alive or Just Breathing

manonthemoon

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 01, 2014, 10:12 AM
they dominated The National on Friday.  They have found some space in some of the songs but I think J Rod was either not feeling well or the vocals were off in the mix.  But still a great show!

Glad to hear it went off well, we would have been there as well, but was out of town for the holidays.
Alive or Just Breathing

Come Closer

Debating going to the NYE show. I've been enjoying the Sleepwalkers album and curious to see how they are live.

Looks like Hail Mega Boys got a vinyl reissue.

http://hellomerch.com/collections/j-roddy-walston-and-the-business/products/hail-mega-boys

GO4IT

Forum Roll Call for J Roddy on NYE:

Manonthemoon + Ms Manonthemoon
GO4IT + Ms GO4IT + Bren
Ruckus + ?

Anyone else?

They just sold out.

Any thoughts on the openers - Sleepwalkers and Among Wolves?

iLikeBeer

So how was this show?  Setlist anyone?   :beer:

GO4IT

The show was outstanding. They were on top of their game, as per usual lately, and were the perfect band to rock in the New Year.
I was too addled by the time they came on at 11:25 to reconstruct a setlist.  And our group of Forum Faithful was having too good a time dancing next to the soundboard to write it down as far as I know.  I even forgot to take my camera so no video, sadly, but great memories. :drum: :beer:

manonthemoon

The show was awesome and here is the setlist that was posted on Setlist.FM and looks pretty much correct, lots of older stuff they haven't played all too often recently.  The Midnight cry was done to coincide with midnight so it was a very long extended version and Malachi was a highlight for me.

Sweat Shock
Don't Break The Needle
I Don't Wanna Hear It
I'm Going Out
Take It As It Comes
Midnight Cry
Nineteen Ought Four
Marigold
Full Growing Man
Go Malachi
Use Your Language
Boys Can Never Tell
Brave Man's Death
Used To Did
Encore:
Heavy Bells

Such a great show, the crowd was very into it singing along and Roddy made sure to let the crowd know that he appreciated the home town reception on multiple occasions.  It was great seeing everyone, but I will say that the venue isn't one of my favs, way too poorly designed for that many people.  Till next time, Happy New Years  :beer:
Alive or Just Breathing

manonthemoon

Oh and hopefully a new album from these guys will come out next fall.
Alive or Just Breathing

subinai

Did anyone try the beer that was brewed for them by Union Craft Brewing?

iLikeBeer

Quote from: GO4IT on Jan 01, 2015, 09:50 PM
The show was outstanding. They were on top of their game, as per usual lately, and were the perfect band to rock in the New Year.
I was too addled by the time they came on at 11:25 to reconstruct a setlist.  And our group of Forum Faithful was having too good a time dancing next to the soundboard to write it down as far as I know.  I even forgot to take my camera so no video, sadly, but great memories. :drum: :beer:

I rocked out to them in spirit with my wife and kids at home on NYE!   :beer:

Thanks for the updates and setlist. Sounds like a good time had by all!   :thumbsup:

manonthemoon

Quote from: subinai on Jan 02, 2015, 07:55 AM
Did anyone try the beer that was brewed for them by Union Craft Brewing?

Yeah it was a malt liqour and felt lighter than I was expecting and better than most I recall having in my college days like OE or Cobra.  Still I only had one, not the best unless you are trying to have a big night out.
Alive or Just Breathing

kotchishm

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jan 02, 2015, 12:08 AM
Oh and hopefully a new album from these guys will come out next fall.

According to social media they just entered the studio this week to begin recording the new album.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

manonthemoon

Alive or Just Breathing

buaawwww

Well... I watched the Austin City Limits w/ The Black Keys and J Roddy.  I've heard of the name for a while but never listened to them.  Watched their performance... been streaming their albums all day.  Safe to say I'm all in.  :thumbsup:

ffghtrs

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

parkervb

Quote from: buaawwww on Feb 11, 2015, 04:51 PM
Well... I watched the Austin City Limits w/ The Black Keys and J Roddy.  I've heard of the name for a while but never listened to them.  Watched their performance... been streaming their albums all day.  Safe to say I'm all in.  :thumbsup:

i was stoked for them that the Black Keys were their lead in on ACL. I knew it would turn lots of people onto them. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Mr. White

ln studio performance of Boys Can Never Tell from Austin City Limits from KUTX Austin
http://youtu.be/lys-e6n9cYk
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011