PonoMusic - My Morning Jacket Artist Edition

Started by wonderfulman, Mar 12, 2014, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

Pono has put some remaining KickStarter Edition LE players with the signatures on sale for $499. It appears that there is one My Morning Jacket player left.

Mr. White

There's been a hell of a lot of negative talk about Pono on the Interweb (mostly from those who have never listened to one themselves), but I just had to brag on the Pono Team. After reading some posts from Forum members who were upset (sad) that Spotify wasn't offering Ready To Be Called On anymore for free streaming, I decided to post the Pono Music Store link to the song (I had purchased it a couple of months ago). The song is there for a single download (all other stores on the Interweb require you to purchase the whole album).

ALSO - THE NEW RELEASE/SINGLE FROM MMJ IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!!!
THE SONG IS CALLED BIG DECISIONS AND CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE PONO MUSIC STORE FOR $1.99 ($2.11 with Tax). JUST GO TO THIS LINK, CHOOSE THE SONG, PAY FOR IT (after signing up), AND DOWNLOAD! YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO DOWNLOAD THE PONO MUSIC WORLD APPLICATION IN ORDER TO ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD THE SONG ONTO YOUR COMPUTER. I HAVE IT ON REPLAY AND HAVE LISTENED TO THE WHOLE SONG AT LEAST 8 OR 9 TIMES NOW!

Edit: Had to repost a faulty link.

https://ponomusic.force.com/ccrz__CCPage?pageKey=artistDetails&aId=of:b16d96be7cf04d6f87c99a95e5d98fe3
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Well...it looks as though there have been several developments regarding the availability of My Morning Jacket's new single, "Big Decisions" in the Pono Music Store. It was provided to Pono by the band (or at least their record company) and was put on sale for $1.99 and dated Feb. 24, 2015. I posted the link, and several Forum members (as well as some on the Pono Community/Forum) successfully purchased it (and I say good for them/us!). Pono may have made a mistake, but we didn't! We simply searched for music from our favorite band, purchased it legally, downloaded it, and began enjoying it (sharing our joy and thoughts about it on this here mighty Forum). Now...it's status on Pono Music's Interweb site has changed to "Not In Territory"...Boooooooo! I guess it will still be in the Pono Store and made available again whenever the band (or more likely their management) decide they are ready to make money from it...again. As far as it being uploaded to YouTube for FREE viewing/downloading/listening goes...I had nothing to do with that and don't think it was a good idea for whoever did it (especially this soon after it was released, but that could have happened at any time after it was released -early or late). This is all a bit weird...and I don't mean in the "Keep Louisville Weird" kind of way. What's even weirder is that somebody here in charge of MMJ's Forum thought it wise to delete the threads discussing this whole thing. Very odd indeed! Oh well...
Long Live MMJ!
Long Live Pono!

highwaytothedangerzone

What's in Here won't disappear

frontwards

Ugh. I purchased the tune last night as well as downloaded PonoMusic World 20, but I am unable to download the song because I cannot commute with the server for whatever reason.  I changed my firewall settings for Pono, but no dice.  Bummer town.  Have any of you good folks had a similar problem by chance?

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket Limited Edition Pono Music Player - 16 of 94 with Etched Autographs of All 5 Current Members & Real Autographs from Current Members - Jim, Tom, Patrick, & Carl, & Former Members - Johnny Quaid & Danny Cash - (Missing Real Autographs from Bo Koster, J. Glenn, & Chris Guetig)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ3COWFs7sB/

ChiefOKONO

Hmm interesting.  Any idea how much it is?

Mr. White

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Feb 14, 2022, 12:23 PMHmm interesting.  Any idea how much it is?

They don't sell them any more. The Limited Edition Artist Signature Series players were only offered during the Kickstarter campaign. They were around $400.00, if I remember correctly. I actually got a Black Pono Player for free because someone in their original Forum for the Kickstarter Campaign mentioned me as a good candidate to be a Beta Tester. They sent me one in September 2014 to test out with some Hi-Res albums and singles pre-loaded, and I was supposed to send them my evaluation/feedback. They told me I could keep it. There are probably some old ones available for re-sale on ebay. Fry's had some at a discount, but this was back in 2014-2015. I use my Black Pono Player from time to time, but I hardly ever use my MMJ one. I turned it on the other day (when I took these pictures that I shared here) just to make sure the built in battery still worked. It took a very, very long time to scan the music library, but it did come alive and played.

Here's an article I just found with a quick search from 2017. It says the store for downloads went down in 2016.

http://www.noise11.com/news/r-i-p-pono-neil-young-kills-off-his-digital-player-20170423

Here's an article about how the powers that be shut down the store making it impossible for the thing to continue on as planned.

"Neil Young says record labels killed his high-resolution music player Pono
"They killed it by insisting on charging two to three times as much for the high-res files as for MP3s," claims the legendary singer-songwriter"

https://consequence.net/2018/02/neil-young-says-record-labels-killed-his-high-resolution-music-player-pono/

ChiefOKONO

Bummer for sure.  They really shouldn't charge that much more for hi res but I suppose we can't control that....

ranyart

Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 11, 2022, 10:04 PMMy Morning Jacket Limited Edition Pono Music Player - 16 of 94 with Etched Autographs of All 5 Current Members & Real Autographs from Current Members - Jim, Tom, Patrick, & Carl, & Former Members - Johnny Quaid & Danny Cash - (Missing Real Autographs from Bo Koster, J. Glenn, & Chris Guetig)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ3COWFs7sB/

That is some cool shit Mr. White.  Seriously...  :thumbsup:

My biggest problem with Pono and anything else that is a locked ecosystem forcing hardware, software, and media into a straight jacket is simple.  It just doesn't work for me or most folks.  And the "cloud" ain't worth the cloud it's built on in the long run as Pono proves once again so no telling what will happen next.