Main Menu

Prince

Started by Murph, Sep 30, 2014, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Not one, but TWO, brand new Prince albums out today plus you can stream him live tonight... Exciting stuff

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/prince

vespachick

I listened to these both this morning and I gotta say, I was shaking my money maker.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Murph

Prince is a one of a kind nutjob, I get it, but god damm can he just effortlessly pump out perfect pop songs. There's some real bangers on both these albums. Thoroughly enjoying both of them, although I lean towards Plectrum Electrum which is the one recorded with 3rdEyedGirl and rocks a bit more

slappymoe

been a huge fan since the late 70's. these two albums are his best in a couple decades, imho.

caught him at louisville gardens, an old little downtown venue, back in 1997.  still the best concert i've ever seen, and i've seen quite a few.  as my buddy said while we were leaving, "that's the baddest m***** f***** on the planet!"

Murph

Quote from: slappymoe on Oct 08, 2014, 04:38 PM
been a huge fan since the late 70's. these two albums are his best in a couple decades, imho.

caught him at louisville gardens, an old little downtown venue, back in 1997.  still the best concert i've ever seen, and i've seen quite a few.  as my buddy said while we were leaving, "that's the baddest m***** f***** on the planet!"

He is far and away number 1 on my bucket list, hopefully a big tour is in the works

subinai

saw him in DC for the musicology tour and it was the best thing i have ever seen. dude had the arena in the palm of his hands.

saw him at one of this MSG shows a few years ago. part of the show where he had his girls pick people out of the audience to dance on stage. one of the lucky ones was none other than kim kardashian. everybody got on stage and was dancing except kim. sooo prince gave her the boot off stage.

Prince Kicks Kim Kardashian off the stage

Northern Neighbour

I have yet to listen to these albums. Definitely have to pick them up this weekend.

I've seen Prince a few times. The best show - and the best concert I've attended - was in 2001 during the One Nite Alone Tour. At this time, he had finally been released from his Sony contract and was releasing albums through his site and fan club, but not commercially. He then went on tour and played in pretty small venues. We saw him at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa, where he played to about 2200 people. It was three hours of Prince and that edition of NPG. That show was mindblowing, absolutely fried my brains. And he hardly played any of the classic hits that night; a handful, but not many.

parkervb

Prince playing the states

http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/03/06/prince-to-bring-hit-run-tour-to-u-s/

first hit is in Louisville...won't happen but what if there was a Jim guest spot on "I Could Never Be Your Man"?
Don't you ever turn it off

rmpotsy

OH MY GOD THE VILLE GOES ON SALE THE SAME TIME AS JACKET TIX.
out go the lights it begins

Murph

Why must he be so difficult?! Just plan a tour, play MSG, and let me give you all my money!  Gonna be keeping my eye out for these dates like crazy

LBSUNFLWR

Monday morning tickets go on sale for a show next Saturday. and we don't even know the venue! crazy!!

excited it is starting here in Louisville. I will be trying for tickets. If JJ comes out with Prince that would be insane.  :cheesy:

slappymoe

since it's a live nation event, i'm betting it's at the louisville palace. the yum is booked, too cold for the amphitheater, surely to god he's not playing headliners.  i guess there's always freedom hall, but i hope not.

probably risking my job, but i must find a way to be home sitting at my computer at 10am tomorrow. can't miss this one.

LBSUNFLWR

it has to be the Palace. I looked and there are shows already at The Brown, the yum, whitney hall even. Headliners too. that would have been insane if he played at Headliners.

Good Luck in 15 minutes with tickets. will be trying here as well!!

LBSUNFLWR

shut out immediately. then 2nd show announced for right after the first show. 2 shows in one night, at 8 and then at 11...shut out completely. :angry:

rmpotsy

i scored 4 tix!  i am so pumped for this.  bucket list show for sure.
out go the lights it begins

LBSUNFLWR

wow, how?
spoke to 3-4 others who were all shut out as well.

e_wind

I know 2 people that got tickets. Prince is a bucket list for me as well, but I didn't even try.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

LBSUNFLWR

kinda outrageous that the cheapest tickets were $97!
I would have liked to have gone but life will go on.

Be aware that they are requiring credit card that the tickets were purchased with at admission. So stubhub is not selling tickets. Same would apply if you buy from scalper outside or on craigs list, etc. so beware before you buy any and then can't use them!

LBSUNFLWR

OMG! they announced a Sunday show now and a guy from my office came and told me and I got 2 Floor Seats!!!!  :smiley:  :tongue:

slappymoe

i also got shut out on monday. was sooooo bummed. :angry:

got a call at 12:30 today alerting me to the third show sunday. got lucky, gox tix, 20 rows back.

then i thought....hmmmm, wonder if he'll do 2 shows sunday????

soon as i checked, there it was, a 4th show. got tix for it, too. 5th row.

went from no show at all to 2 in one night. freakin' awesome! can't thank prince and/or his management enough for playing 4 shows in 2 nights. i wouldn't be going otherwise. :beer: