Main Menu

Prince

Started by Murph, Sep 30, 2014, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

woohoo!!
I am about 20 some rows back, row EE. I was thrilled. The time before that I had two seats upstairs and the system kicked me out before it was final!

did the last show sell out too? I never saw them on sale, and it looks as though they haven't gone on sale yet by the site. I guess it has though if you got tickets to it. I had a friend still trying.

Hopefully he won't play the same show back to back!!

rmpotsy

Grats guys, I won't ruin and tell you how awesome it was  :cheesy:
out go the lights it begins

slappymoe

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/entertainment/music/2015/03/15/prince-louisville-palace-review/24799369/

Prince danced, joked, flirted and absolutely destroyed the ego of every guitarist in attendance, firmly living up to preshow promises of guitar hero rock 'n' roll built on a foundation of funk.

With the ticketless system requiring a credit card scan and ID check for each buyer, it's a slow process so get there early or risk arriving at the last second to shorter lines but also the chance of missing a couple of songs.

i'm so pumped for this that i'm ready to go stand in line for the next 7 hours! got a feeling i'll be missing the start of the second show, though. once they clear the venue after show#1 i guess i'll be stuck at the back of the line for show#2.

LBSUNFLWR

Prince was FUCKININSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

found the setlist:

Prince 3/15/15 @LvillePalace setlist 8pm show:
Wow, Funknroll, Break down (P on keys), Pretzelbodylogic > Stratus (P on keys) > Drum solo, Let's Go Crazy, Take me with you, U Got the look, Don't stop till u get enough, Cool, Something In The Water (Does Not Compute), Controversy, 1999, Little Red Corvette, Nothing Compare 2 U, Kiss

E 1: What If, Purple Rain,
E 2: When Doves Cry, Sampler set: Hot thing, Housequake, Sign O The Times, Clouds? tease, Alphabet street, Forever In My Life (P on bass), I would Die for u, A Love bizarre, Darling Nikki tease, Sampler improv, White boy (back on guitar) Thank you

END at 10:15 - 2 hour show.

LBSUNFLWR

I was about 8-9 rows from the back and was still thrilled just to have gotten in.
but some silly silly people left after Purple Rain, like 20 people.
So we snuck down to some empty seats in the 5th row for the 2nd encore which was about a half hour!!
And fans were brought up on stage for the 2nd encore to dance. it was pretty wild.

robb

i pulled a ticket for row H in detroit tonight.

i'm wondering if we're just going to get an absolute marathon set because it appears he's only going to play one show here.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Murph

Quote from: robb on Apr 09, 2015, 08:51 AM

i'm wondering if we're just going to get an absolute marathon set because it appears he's only going to play one show here.

When was that show announced?  I know he's doing the whole thing where he announces shows only a few days in advance, but I didnt hear anything about this one.  I'm patiently waiting for a NY show

robb

Quote from: Murph on Apr 09, 2015, 09:00 AM

When was that show announced?  I know he's doing the whole thing where he announces shows only a few days in advance, but I didnt hear anything about this one.  I'm patiently waiting for a NY show

If I'm remembering right it was either late on Friday night or really early on Saturday morning.

Murph

Quote from: robb on Apr 09, 2015, 09:43 AM

If I'm remembering right it was either late on Friday night or really early on Saturday morning.

Wow alright, I guess I just gotta keep my head on a swivel.  Congrats on the tickets man, enjoy and please report back

robb

Quote from: Murph on Apr 09, 2015, 10:36 AM
Quote from: robb on Apr 09, 2015, 09:43 AM

Wow alright, I guess I just gotta keep my head on a swivel.  Congrats on the tickets man, enjoy and please report back

I'd suggest following @drfunkenberry or @PURPLESSENCE on twitter.

I'll definitely report back.

oistheone

Good lord, what a set last night in Detroit -- wish I went! Can't believe he busted out "She's Always In My Hair"! Can't wait to hear a full report, robb!

Dr. Funkenberry sent an ominous "T . " tweet last night, so I'm hoping Toronto is next on the list!

oistheone

Just snagged some pit tickets to the Prince+3EG show in Toronto tomorrow night!! Prince's guitarist Donna Grantis is from Toronto (actually first saw her play at a Woman's Blues Revue in town a few years ago!) so this should be a sweet homecoming!

I am attempting to do something crazy and see Tame Impala and Prince in the same night. Tame Impala is scheduled to go on at 9, and Prince starts at 11 a few blocks away. Definitely the most aggressive and ambitious concert-going plans I've ever made. This'll be interesting!

robb

Quote from: oistheone on May 18, 2015, 01:09 PM
Just snagged some pit tickets to the Prince+3EG show in Toronto tomorrow night!! Prince's guitarist Donna Grantis is from Toronto (actually first saw her play at a Woman's Blues Revue in town a few years ago!) so this should be a sweet homecoming!

I am attempting to do something crazy and see Tame Impala and Prince in the same night. Tame Impala is scheduled to go on at 9, and Prince starts at 11 a few blocks away. Definitely the most aggressive and ambitious concert-going plans I've ever made. This'll be interesting!

i never wrote a review on this, mostly because i couldn't put it into words how awesome it was.

that double dip is going to be crazy, i'm stoked you were able to snag some tickets.

oistheone

Well, that was one of the craziest nights ever, alright. Flying high on the Purple stuff right now.

FYI -- in my Prince withdrawal, I found an UNREAL soundboard recording from the Detroit show!! The way Prince gets with tapings, I'm sure this'll be gone in a day or two, so I'm thrilled I got it before he snatched it back. Let me know if you want me to send it over. It's curing my post-Prince blues big time.

robb

Quote from: oistheone on May 25, 2015, 08:08 PM
Well, that was one of the craziest nights ever, alright. Flying high on the Purple stuff right now.

FYI -- in my Prince withdrawal, I found an UNREAL soundboard recording from the Detroit show!! The way Prince gets with tapings, I'm sure this'll be gone in a day or two, so I'm thrilled I got it before he snatched it back. Let me know if you want me to send it over. It's curing my post-Prince blues big time.

um...ABSOLUTELY YES.

Murph

Quote from: oistheone on May 25, 2015, 08:08 PM

Yes please tell me this is still available

Murph

Holy shit... not only is this the first Prince show I've heard recorded, its about the best sounding audience recording I've ever heard.

johnnYYac

Can someone send the taping my way?  PM or email: johnnyyac@gmail.com
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

robb

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.