Main Menu

Lord Huron

Started by bold992006, Oct 10, 2012, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold992006

good album.  Lonesome Dreams, the first full-length album from the L.A. band Lord Huron, creates that effect at times, as the cavernous choruses of Fleet Foxes or My Morning Jacket collide with the polyrhythmic playfulness of, say, Givers.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/30/161697973/first-listen-lord-huron-lonesome-dreams

Salacious D

This band is seriously amazing.

Unfortunately I couldn't get tickets before their Chicago show sold out and now my only hope is that people will click on this link to stream their album online (that's all--you don't have to sign up for anything or give your email address, just click and listen [or not, but you should]).

http://jamplify.com/jBiuSF

Thanks guys, hope to see you at some shows.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

mahg33ta

I was in NYC two days ago, overnight for work, and did a little google of who was playing that night.   They were, and I was tempted to go, but (being old) I was spooked off by the late start and a 6 am rise the next day.   I regret not going as I hear good buzz from a few places.

kotchishm

Everything they've released is amazing.  Specifically the "Mighty" EP
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Jackets N Pones

These guys are terrific. Love the original artwork!

Lord Huron - Time To Run
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

capt. scotty

Lonesome Dreams likely in my top 10 from last year. Gotta get that EP. Do they have anything else I should know about?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheRoof

Love me some Lord Huron! Here's the official video for 'Time to Run'....genius:

http://youtu.be/5_e8RRTT0r8
You Are Everything

APR

I've been listening to these guys nonstop for weeks now.  Amazing stuff!  I'm sure I missed tons of chances back when this album came out to see them live.  Luckily I caught their set at Shaky Knees over the weekend.

Ob1jacobe

I have seen them twice.  Once they opened up for Alt-J and the other with them headlining.  I love them.  Lonesome Dreams is great but I might like the first two EPs even more.  Very much looking forward to their next one.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

APR

You can listen to the entire album on iTunes.  If it's as close to as good as Lonesome Dream or Mighty, that would be incredible.  I have listened to the singles over the last few weeks and the complete album just once.

Cameron

Seeing them for the first time in May. I know very little. What's a good starting point?

Penny Lane

Love the new album!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mahg33ta

It could be rightly pointed out that I bitch when a band strays too far from their roots, but I also feel that this album is SO close in sound to the previous it almost feels too "more of the same".   Maybe that will go away on repeated listens and I start to see the differences.

APR

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 14, 2015, 01:40 PM
It could be rightly pointed out that I bitch when a band strays too far from their roots, but I also feel that this album is SO close in sound to the previous it almost feels too "more of the same".   Maybe that will go away on repeated listens and I start to see the differences.

I have listened to this new album a lot.  Agreed... not only does it sounds similar to their older stuff, a lot of songs on this album sound similar to each other.  I still think it's really good.  I love their sound, themes they sing about, etc.

Come Closer

Yeah this is a little too samey for me. A bit of a disappointment after their last one.

APR

A new album coming out in April with a tour announced today and singles now available to stream. 

www.lordhuron.com

MMJTX

Saw them perform a couple of their new songs at the Bomb Factory in Dallas back in August, they were really good. Love this band so much. Seen them 4 times, always put on a great show.
Anytime

MMJTX

new album Vide Noir out today! First listen through, realllllly digging it!
Anytime

wheelhousetunes

Looking forward to giving it a listen!