Main Menu

Newport!

Started by bronzejoy, Jun 17, 2015, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bronzejoy

Any shot they are added to the Friday lineup? Tour schedule seems to line up. Maybe even JJ solo set? Any rumors out there???

johnnYYac

I got nothin'...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Woody

This needs to happen. Hitting NFF for the first time and it would make my weekend. I thought New Basement Tapes was a strong possibility but that fell apart. When was the last time Jim was at NFF, 2013? I believe 2012 was the last year Jacket played there. Come on boys, make it happen!

CountSA

I buy Folk Fest tickets every year in hopes of a MMJ appearance.  I only have Saturday tickets this year and they are playing Philly that day.  With the Waterfall tour this summer I thought for sure they would be playing NFF.  At this point it's pretty unlikely but who knows.  It would be pretty crazy if MMJ and Roger Waters both played the same day.

JTG1975

Quote from: CountSA on Jun 18, 2015, 12:19 PM
I buy Folk Fest tickets every year in hopes of a MMJ appearance.  I only have Saturday tickets this year and they are playing Philly that day.  With the Waterfall tour this summer I thought for sure they would be playing NFF.  At this point it's pretty unlikely but who knows.  It would be pretty crazy if MMJ and Roger Waters both played the same day.

or, if they played together ...

brn2plybal

I'm all in on MMJ playing on Friday.  I don't see how Jim/MMJ can book a radio festival in Philly and not play Newport.  Jim is on the board...  I think they'll have a packed weekend but will play on Friday.

Unlikely event:  MMJ is the backing band for Roger Waters.

JTG1975

Quote from: brn2plybal on Jun 30, 2015, 12:43 PM
I'm all in on MMJ playing on Friday.  I don't see how Jim/MMJ can book a radio festival in Philly and not play Newport.  Jim is on the board...  I think they'll have a packed weekend but will play on Friday.

Unlikely event:  MMJ is the backing band for Roger Waters.

or both

itrainmonkeys

We've been speculating on Inforoo that it's My Morning Jacket mini-set and then they'll be the backing band for Roger Waters.

No gap between sets (just have Roger walk out), the fact that they've done it before at the Love for Levon tribute show, and just because of the great relationship between Jim and the festival. I think it'd be spectacular.

JTG1975

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 14, 2015, 05:13 PM
We've been speculating on Inforoo that it's My Morning Jacket mini-set and then they'll be the backing band for Roger Waters.

No gap between sets (just have Roger walk out), the fact that they've done it before at the Love for Levon tribute show, and just because of the great relationship between Jim and the festival. I think it'd be spectacular.

ya, Jim is on the board.

GO4IT

OMG, MMJ is Pink Floyd for a day with Waters at Newport, after we get some of their own great tunes.
Does it get any better than this?!?! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Best rumor ever.  Please make this happen!  :thumbsup:

CTdeadhead

I'd be more excited if they came up here to Maine after the Boston shows. 

GO4IT

ONLY 7 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itrainmonkeys

Infinitypass (who has a spotless record of leaking/revealing/hinting at Bonnaroo lineups at Inforoo.com) has doubled down on this rumor and is confirming that it will be MMJ backing Roger Waters.

As usual, with internet rumors, please take this with a grain of salt. This person on Inforoo is pretty much always right on the money but it's still not the same as a legit confirmation.

But it's got me excited :)

GO4IT

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 20, 2015, 05:38 PM
Infinitypass (who has a spotless record of leaking/revealing/hinting at Bonnaroo lineups at Inforoo.com) has doubled down on this rumor and is confirming that it will be MMJ backing Roger Waters.

As usual, with internet rumors, please take this with a grain of salt. This person on Inforoo is pretty much always right on the money but it's still not the same as a legit confirmation.

But it's got me excited :)

Wow :cheesy:

ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.... and in exactly 4 more days "Unannounced" will be on the stage and we will know for sure. :beer:

itrainmonkeys

Again.....I'm trying to reserve my excitement because it's coming from a message board source with a good track record but it's better than nothing.

Hope it happens@

walterfredo

I'm hearing this as well, MMJ will be backing  roger waters. Have fun.

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 21, 2015, 01:38 PM
I'm hearing this as well, MMJ will be backing  roger waters. Have fun.

Don't you ever turn it off

GO4IT

I don't think we ever started a roll call for Newport.  Better late than never....

1.  Northern Neighbor and Ms NN
2.  GO4IT and MS GO4It
3.  magh33ta

Who are we missing???

ONLY THREE MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mahg33ta

My wife, my friend Sean, his wife, and our five kids