RIP to a dear MMJ fan

Started by exist10z, Jan 07, 2013, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GO4IT

Misti,

You will love Jim's show, I believe, and I'm sure Erik will appreciate you channeling it to him.

BTW, if you're still in the Baltimore area, it would be great to see you at the Merriweather show on July 23.  PM me about pre-party details at my house still TBD.

Have a great time at the Hollywood show!

rincon2

It was very nice to meet Misti tonight. She got to meet several board posters, and even a couple of lurkers that had met both myself and Erik at the Wiltern. She saw the WHOLE show dead center, second row behind people shorter than her, so it was like first row. A very cool video of the opening song will be posted on the Fonda Roll Call thread later.

Misti

Thanks, guys! It was great to meet some of you finally! This forum meant so much to Erik and you are such an amazing group of music fans. Some of the kindest, supportive and passionate music lovers I've been fortunate enough to meet. :)

Jim's eyes all night.. highlight of the show for me. lol! And the usual bear love.. we loved bears, too. Then, of course, the MUSIC!  :drum: Felt really connected to Jim (I know sounds hokey) but felt a real sense of connection and peace there.

Thanks for all the love.

Peace, love, music..

Misti
Miss you beyond words, Erik... my best friend and soul mate for 22 years. You live on in the music.

pattilovesmmj

Hey Misti,
Hope that you are hanging in there girl.  I do think of you, and I'm glad that this forum is here for you and all the wonderful posts your husband wrote in the past.  I think I told you before that I don't recall chatting with your husband, but I do remember reading some of his posts.
I believe that people who love music and bands - especially the way your husband did - and the way he wrote about his love for the band and music - well, that shows just how much of a beautiful person he was.  And so, you have to be a beautiful person as well.  I hope each day brings a little more peace to you and good memories of your husband.

God's grace to you and yours,
Patti

existsis

Hey all,

Just posted in Roll Call-Merriweather Post.  This is Erik's sister, we're all (siblings, cousins) attending MPP on Sunday if any of you will be there!  This will be bittersweet, but I can't wait for the show.  #steamengineforerik

Mr. White

Quote from: existsis on Jul 24, 2015, 08:53 AM
Hey all,

Just posted in Roll Call-Merriweather Post.  This is Erik's sister, we're all (siblings, cousins) attending MPP on Sunday if any of you will be there!  This will be bittersweet, but I can't wait for the show.  #steamengineforerik

I won't be there, but I wanted you to know I miss Erik's presence here on the Forum and appreciated his input here...especially his views on Jazz music. We'll be thinking about you all before, during, and after the MPP show.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

existsis

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 24, 2015, 09:02 AM
Hey all,

I won't be there, but I wanted you to know I miss Erik's presence here on the Forum and appreciated his input here...especially his views on Jazz music. We'll be thinking about you all before, during, and after the MPP show.

Thanks so much.  We miss him every day.  We'll be missing Misti, who can't make it back for the show.

Mr. White

Quote from: existsis on Jul 24, 2015, 09:44 AM
Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 24, 2015, 09:02 AM
Hey all,

Thanks so much.  We miss him every day.  We'll be missing Misti, who can't make it back for the show.

For Erik (exist10z) on what would have been his 50th birthday.
"Steam Engine" - Port Chester, New York 2012
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

Erik was loved by many . I'm not sure if I ever talked to him personally that I remember but he seemed like a real badass. I'm so sorry Misty! Please stick around here this place is really good for healing.  I know the power of music especially My Morning Jacket can help to heal.

RIP Erik
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Digging deep and hearing the stories.  Misty wasn't Steam played for Erik at MPP 2015???
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

parkervb

they did play Steam that night. I didn't know Erik personally but had seen his sister's posts here after his passing and it was really special knowing how much it must have meant to them in that moment. This guy definitely got a lil dusty.
Don't you ever turn it off