Where are the live dowloads?

Started by apruem, Oct 23, 2015, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apruem

Has MMJ stopped selling live recordings of each show?
Or is the only option to find a taper?

On <LiveDownloads.com> only this year's Red Rocks is available. I know things have changed since we got 2 free downloads at Red Rocks 2012, but man, I need to hear these Austin shows again.

parkervb

they never offered all shows for purchase.

here's a list of the recordings for the 2015 tour

http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,18760.0.html

Archive.org is another place to look for older shows

Don't you ever turn it off

touchingmept2

I've got my code to dl a live show. What's recommended?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

parkervb

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Oct 23, 2015, 02:17 PM

i'd probably get something from 2012 Capitol Theater shows or one of the Red Rocks
Don't you ever turn it off

Mr. White

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 23, 2015, 02:35 PM
Quote from: touchingmept2 on Oct 23, 2015, 02:17 PM

i'd probably get something from 2012 Capitol Theater shows or one of the Red Rocks

I love all three Port Chester shows from Dec. 2012. The Nov. 14, 2011 Amsterdam show sounds really good too.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

touchingmept2

The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

johnnYYac

I know the band has "listened" to fans' requests for more LiveDownloads releases, working towards that end as much as they can while actively touring.  I would expect to see some releases before year's end.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 24, 2015, 03:58 PM
I know the band has "listened" to fans' requests for more LiveDownloads releases, working towards that end as much as they can while actively touring.  I would expect to see some releases before year's end.

hell yeah, Columbus 2012!! :)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

rincon2

The 2008 shows are REALLY good. Some rarities from EU, lots of old stuff, and nothing off the past 2 albums. After seeing MMJ 13 times since 2010, it is great to hear long high quality show recordings that are pre-Circuital.

WickedMessenger

Is there a big difference between the LiveDownloads recordings put out by the band, and the tapers on archive or dimeadozen?  I assume they are better but not sure why or how much.  Do sound board recordings plug right in to the amplified source?

johnnYYac

Quote from: WickedMessenger on Oct 25, 2015, 11:21 PM
Is there a big difference between the LiveDownloads recordings put out by the band, and the tapers on archive or dimeadozen?  I assume they are better but not sure why or how much.  Do sound board recordings plug right in to the amplified source?
The LiveDownloads releases often blend soundboard audio (what comes out of the speakers) with audience mics, but are mixed by the band and their sound engineer, so the quality is definitely better than most audience tapings. 

Honestly, I'm baffled that anyone who posts to this Forum doesn't have all the available recordings from LiveDownloads.  Each one has its merits, cover a lot of territory, and put some $ where it belongs, in the MMJ treasury.  Seems the least we can do for a band that allows tapings at nearly all of their shows. 

http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/3,419/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-downloads.html

Angelo

Am I missing something or did they take down a bunch of MMJ shows from livedownloads? The Bonnaroo shows seem to be gone plus a few others.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Angelo on Oct 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
Am I missing something or did they take down a bunch of MMJ shows from livedownloads? The Bonnaroo shows seem to be gone plus a few others.
You're right.  There were 2 or 3 Bonnaroo shows there.  Hmmm...

MOWJO8185

Almost all of the Bonnaroo shows from basically every band that had previously been posted on the livebonnaroo.com website have been dropped from the LiveDownloads site.

Lonndown27

for me, ive bought:

Nashvegas 2008 "a great How Do You Know"

Bonnaroo 2005

Agganis Arena 2012

& Red Rocks 2015 along with the live stream

not to mention Okonokos on DVD, vinyl and CD, every album on CD and a few on vinyl and yeah...rockin my MMJ official store It Still Moves shirt right now and feel fucking great about it  :smiley:

supporting this band makes shit happen. The more things we get to support them, the more touring that can happen or the more breaks they can have too cause they're human beings who need their rest, and things like Terminal 5 boxset or Okonokos II can happen! We're gonna be the ones helping to make it happen with our funding and stewardship of this band, so lets be proud of that guys, everyone on here does their part and it fills me with great pride to be a part of the coolest fanbase for any artist on the planet.

Jacket fans are special people  :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

walterfredo

I can't stop listening to the Nashville 08. Amazing!

spence

I wish they would release more, hopefully the Beacon shows are added.  I've purchased every one as they come out.  There is a serious lack of Waterfall songs from the live shows.  They must be saving up for a big release of the Beacon shows.  Anyone heard any more about this?

johnnYYac

More are coming. They've been kinda busy until recently...

Stevie

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 26, 2015, 10:34 AM
Honestly, I'm baffled that anyone who posts to this Forum doesn't have all the available recordings from LiveDownloads.  Each one has its merits, cover a lot of territory, and put some $ where it belongs, in the MMJ treasury.  Seems the least we can do for a band that allows tapings at nearly all of their shows. 

http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/3,419/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-downloads.html

I agree with you in theory, but then there are people like me who go to see them a TON while they are touring and there is little cash left over for live downloads when the dust settles (35 Jacket shows since 2008, 13 in 2015 alone).  The Beacon run I would buy, probably, but that's a pretty big exception.  Tons of rarities, white whales....but that brings up another conundrum... I don't want to hear a white whale of mine on a recording.  I would much rather experience it live for the first time so that all the nuances that come with the live version are fresh and unexplored.  So that leaves the heavy hitting, extended jam type songs that are always changing and upgrading from night to night and tour to tour.  Those I may pay for. 

Here's a question: What is the most efficient way to support the band?  What can I purchase that gives the highest percentage of the profits directly to the band?  Maybe I should just consider a yearly donation when they aren't touring, lol. 

crooney

Any word on any new live bootlegs on the horizon?  I'm jonesing a bit for some fresh live Jacket...so many fantastic shows from the last tour.  The Beacon run, or those Seattle shows....please fellas, anything will do.  Thank you!!!