NBA Playoffs 2016

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 04, 2016, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

The NBA playoffs are getting exciting! SA/OKC obviously the most intriguing matchup right now. Would love to see a Heat/Cavs eastern conference final too. Who is everybody pulling for?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

BH

I like Toronto.   Love watching Lowry and DeRozan in the backcourt and DeMarre Carrol is one of my favorite Mizzou alums.   They should have won Game 1 and it's going to be a tough hole to climb out of.    If they can though, Carrol can guard Lebron better than most, and I want to see 7 games of that!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Shug

As much as I have hated them in the past (as a Nash-era PHX Suns fan) I'm pulling for the Spurs out of respect for the way they have consistently and quietly remained a contender for years and years.  They are doing something in that organization that no other team is doing in the past 10 years or so.

I'm fully expecting a Warriors/Spurs Western Conf. finals as a battle of the new school vs old school and I hope old school style of play wins.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

parkervb

Woof, was that game bad last night. It was brutal to see KL/DD miss all those FTs. Other hand it was great to see Lowry hit some big shots from the field down the stretch.

The main course right now is the OKC-SA series - so pumped for tonight's game. I've been a Westbrook fan from day 1 so kinda pulling for them but not going to be upset to see Spurs win. Kawhi is a freak!

Dubs vs whoever in the WCF and its going to be better than the Finals.
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Curry's health could be the deciding factor for the WCF.  I hope he's good to go. 

Mr. White

The Philadelphia 76ers are my team. Hey! Stop laughing!!!

For this year's playoffs, I guess I'm going for the Toronto Raptors as the underdog. I wouldn't mind seeing LBJ bring a championship to Cleveland either.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on May 06, 2016, 10:05 AM

Right, because Cleveland is awful...  :rolleyes:

Besides, 'Dubs' have to get to the WCF first and they are in a series right now with Portland.  If Portland doesn't choke in game two, they would be up 2-1 with home court advantage right now...

Meanwhile, the Cavs are sitting back and resting and recovering after their 2nd consecutive series sweep.  BTW, did you see how many 3's they made in their 4 game sweep of the Hawks?  They made 72 in four games!!!  The record for a SEVEN game series was 79!!!  :shocked:  Oh and the previous record for a FOUR game series was 49...

The Cavs seem to be peaking at the right time.  They are healthy which they weren't a year ago at this time.  And this didn't just happen.  It started about 2 weeks before the end of the season when they seemed to turn on a different gear.

parkervb

Quote from: iLikeBeer on May 09, 2016, 10:45 AM
Quote from: parkervb on May 06, 2016, 10:05 AM

Right, because Cleveland is awful...  :rolleyes:

Besides, 'Dubs' have to get to the WCF first and they are in a series right now with Portland.  If Portland doesn't choke in game two, they would be up 2-1 with home court advantage right now...

Meanwhile, the Cavs are sitting back and resting and recovering after their 2nd consecutive series sweep.  BTW, did you see how many 3's they made in their 4 game sweep of the Hawks?  They made 72 in four games!!!  The record for a SEVEN game series was 79!!!  :shocked:  Oh and the previous record for a FOUR game series was 49...

The Cavs seem to be peaking at the right time.  They are healthy which they weren't a year ago at this time.  And this didn't just happen.  It started about 2 weeks before the end of the season when they seemed to turn on a different gear.

Cavs peaking at right time but regression in regards to 3PTers is lurking my friend.  You're right about GSW, they are definitely in a series with Rip City right now, but they'll need to win one on the road to win series. Will be very tough to do that, may have had best chance for that in gm2 and blew it.

walterfredo

He's back! That was insane.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

First EVER unanimous MVP

that's bananas. But absolutely correct.

BH

Ba  - Ba - Ba -Banannas - nannas.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

APR

I would put Draymond Green up in the top five in the list for MVPs.  He is incredible.  Golden State is must see TV.  I would love to see them play the Cavs and think it's going to happen again. 

parkervb

So amped for OKC-GSW.  OKC lost all 3 games but had leads in the 4th Q each game so this is more competitive than the results dictate.  Contrasting styles, 5 of the top 12 players in the league, lots at stake for OKC with Durant approaching FA (he'd be smart to do a 1-year deal and stay 1 more yr).  Best part is that no game starts later than 9:30

On the other end, maybe last time we see 2 Hall of Famers in Manu and Timmy.  I think they both could be back but I really think 1 of the 2 (Timmy) will be back.  Spurs just not athletic or young enough to keep w/ the Thunder. 

APR

Quote from: parkervb on May 13, 2016, 11:24 AM
So amped for OKC-GSW.  OKC lost all 3 games but had leads in the 4th Q each game so this is more competitive than the results dictate.  Contrasting styles, 5 of the top 12 players in the league, lots at stake for OKC with Durant approaching FA (he'd be smart to do a 1-year deal and stay 1 more yr).  Best part is that no game starts later than 9:30

On the other end, maybe last time we see 2 Hall of Famers in Manu and Timmy.  I think they both could be back but I really think 1 of the 2 (Timmy) will be back.  Spurs just not athletic or young enough to keep w/ the Thunder. 

I think all the games start at 9:00 except Sunday might be earlier!  It's going to be a very fun and very high scoring series.  I think OKC will play their big guys like they did last night.  Bogut is going to have to stay out of foul trouble.  Or maybe GS stays small and runs by all of them (except Westbrook.....that's not possible).

parkervb

Quote from: APR on May 13, 2016, 04:28 PM

I think all the games start at 9:00 except Sunday might be earlier!  It's going to be a very fun and very high scoring series.  I think OKC will play their big guys like they did last night.  Bogut is going to have to stay out of foul trouble.  Or maybe GS stays small and runs by all of them (except Westbrook.....that's not possible).

Bogut vs Adams, Aussie vs Kiwi...there will be blood! 

Shug

There was a moment in that last game between Spurs and OKC when the Spurs were climbing back in.  11 points down with 4 minutes to go.  Duncan went in for a dunk and got blocked.  I might be reading more into it than there was, but it just seemed like the comeback for that game got deflated, Duncan realized that just being a bit slow and not jumping as high  instead of putting them down only 9 point put the lead back to 13 on the fast break and the comeback was over and it probably would've been different if Duncan weren't that old. (although they certainly could've not gotten in that deep of a hole to begin with).  He looked pretty bummed out to me right after that.  I'm glad to see two really athletic teams go at it in the Western Conference finals, but a bit sad for the Spurs.  I wonder if any of those Spurs are going to retire?
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

Quote from: Shug on May 16, 2016, 02:44 PM

There was a moment in that last game between Spurs and OKC when the Spurs were climbing back in.  11 points down with 4 minutes to go.  Duncan went in for a dunk and got blocked.  I might be reading more into it than there was, but it just seemed like the comeback for that game got deflated, Duncan realized that just being a bit slow and not jumping as high  instead of putting them down only 9 point put the lead back to 13 on the fast break and the comeback was over and it probably would've been different if Duncan weren't that old. (although they certainly could've not gotten in that deep of a hole to begin with).  He looked pretty bummed out to me right after that.  I'm glad to see two really athletic teams go at it in the Western Conference finals, but a bit sad for the Spurs.  I wonder if any of those Spurs are going to retire?

That was a big play.  I think it was Ibaka that made that incredible block.  He skied for that.  I think he would have even blocked a young Kevin Garnett on that play.  And then someone from OCK scored immediately after, which pretty much ended any chance the Spurs had. 

There should be some high scores out West.

The Raptors could barely beat the Heat without Whiteside and Bosh.  The Cavs should be well rested for the finals.

iLikeBeer

So, I just watched ESPN's latest 30 For 30, "Believeland" last night and it was painful to relive all those bad memories as pretty much a lifelong Cleveland sports fan.  But, as with most of the 30 For 30's it was really well done.

It is the drought of 60+ years without a Championship in Cleveland as to why I can't really feel sorry for a franchise like the Spurs falling short of expectations with their 5 Championships.

Quote from: APR on May 16, 2016, 05:30 PM

The Raptors could barely beat the Heat without Whiteside and Bosh.  The Cavs should be well rested for the finals.

This seems to be the common line of thinking among Cleveland fans as well.  That and the fact that Toronto is coming off of a grueling 7 game series and aren't fully healthy while the Cavs are more than rested having almost 10 days off since they last played a game! 

The only worry for me is that there is some rust and the Raptors might steal game one tonight but I think that would be the only way Toronto wins a game in this series barring any major injuries to the Cavs.

All I know is I'm glad the Cavs are finally playing again as I'm tired of waiting!!!