NBA Playoffs 2016

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 04, 2016, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

my sports city (Atlanta) is only one championship ahead of Cleveland but w/out nearly the misery.
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

well that didn't start the way I had hoped it would.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on May 17, 2016, 09:30 AM
my sports city (Atlanta) is only one championship ahead of Cleveland but w/out nearly the misery.

And that was at the expense of my Indians when your Braves beat them in the '95 World Series...  :cry:

Damn the Braves had some good pitching that year...

iLikeBeer

Well, that started better than I had hoped it would... (sorry fredo, I had to do it)   :beer:

Jackets N Pones

That Bron dunk was insane!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on May 18, 2016, 01:05 PM

That was pretty sick.  But my favorite play of the night was Kyrie's double behind the back dribble/blow by the defender for the easy layup!  I loved Mark Jakson's response which was simply, WOW!

APR

Quote from: iLikeBeer on May 18, 2016, 06:46 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on May 18, 2016, 01:05 PM

That was pretty sick.  But my favorite play of the night was Kyrie's double behind the back dribble/blow by the defender for the easy layup!  I loved Mark Jakson's response which was simply, WOW!

That was the play of the night.  I loved the crowd's collective ohhs and ahhs twice during that play...... the dribble and then the finish.

BH

Sure hope Tronto can make a better series out of this but not feeling good after Game 1.  Yuck.   First quarter was good.... :rolleyes:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

parkervb

so, not exactly how everyone thought this WCF/ECF would be going...

Jackets N Pones

Wow. The Thunder are playing HUNGRY. I do not think they can be stopped. Major props to Donovan. That Steven Adams fastball pass was amazing. Also, KDs new shoes are so clean. I think he was going to wait until the Olympics to debut them but he obviously couldn't hold off.

Tonight will be interesting. Kyrie and Love need to step up. Why doesn't Mosgov get any minutes anymore?

Shug

Wow is right, OKC is putting on a spectacle.  Before the final blow out, when Golden State came back to within a few points in the 3rd quarter, it was looking like a great game.  I really don't have much strong feelings for either team, but there is something satisfying about seeing a team taken down from a pedestal.  Warriors haven't been over-the-top arrogant, but so many people have put them up on that pedestal this year, understandably so.

Looking forward to the next game in Oakland, I believe.  That place should be electric with the Warriors backs against the wall.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

I was wondering about Mosgov too.  I think the Cavs are so much better this year without everyone hurt that he doesn't play much.  I think Channing Frye should be in there more.  He is hitting the threes.

Shug

Yeah, PHX blew it when they let Channing Frye go, just one of a multitude of idiot moves they have made in the past few years.  I'm glad to see him in a system where he gets to shine a little bit again.

walterfredo

parkervb

Quote from: APR on May 25, 2016, 04:36 PM
I was wondering about Mosgov too.  I think the Cavs are so much better this year without everyone hurt that he doesn't play much.  I think Channing Frye should be in there more.  He is hitting the threes.

Cleveland has this fairly new Death Lineup with Delle, Bron, Iman, Frye, RJ that has just been killing people. They can't stop the play with Frye on the wing with Bron rolling to the rim, if they double Bron on the roll, they leave Frye wide open, they stay on Frye and Bron finishes.

Pretty crazy that the most efficient CLE lineup has neither Kyrie or Love. 

and Shug, Frye was available for a LOOONG time, crazy no one else traded for him.  Just to keep him away from the Cavs, knockdown shooter with one of the greatest drive and kick players ever? As Clay Davis would say....SHHHHEEEEEEIIIITTTTTT.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on May 26, 2016, 08:34 AM
Quote from: APR on May 25, 2016, 04:36 PM

Cleveland has this fairly new Death Lineup with Delle, Bron, Iman, Frye, RJ that has just been killing people. They can't stop the play with Frye on the wing with Bron rolling to the rim, if they double Bron on the roll, they leave Frye wide open, they stay on Frye and Bron finishes.

Pretty crazy that the most efficient CLE lineup has neither Kyrie or Love. 

and Shug, Frye was available for a LOOONG time, crazy no one else traded for him.  Just to keep him away from the Cavs, knockdown shooter with one of the greatest drive and kick players ever? As Clay Davis would say....SHHHHEEEEEEIIIITTTTTT.

That is a surprising lineup.  And......Shhheeeeiiittttt....... I didn't know Clay Davis was a hoops fan!

Shug

Quote from: parkervb on May 26, 2016, 08:34 AM

I know, I watched Channing Frye his whole time in Phoenix.  They let him go, just like they let Dragic go.  And Isaiah Thomas.  Fucking idiots.  Now all they have is Devin Booker to build around  (because Bledsoe can't stay healthy).  Booker is going to be great, I think, but they will need a lot more than him to be a contender for any kind of success again.

Dreaming of the years with Nash, Stoudemire, Marion, Barbosa, Raja Bell...

parkervb

Dubs won but they weren't playing their brand of ball. Lots of frantic play from them. OKC didn't play well and was in that game for most of it. Not a good sign going back to OKC for them. 

CLE wraps up tonight.

Shug

Lots of frantic, chaotic out of control play on both teams.  Looked like nerves to me.  OKC had a lot of turnovers, not typical for them.

I think OKC is gonna take it next game.

Jackets N Pones

Klay Thompson. WOW.   :cheesy: :shocked: :thumbsup: