NBA Playoffs 2016

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 04, 2016, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Well that was an  impressive series comeback for Golden State.  You can't beat them with that many turnovers.  You also gotta have a little bit better 3-pointer % than OKC had in this series.

Curry and Thompson are near-undefendable from the perimeter, they make so many shots even when the defense is spot on.  And the other role players do their parts, too on defense and offense.

In the last two games Golden State settled down and OKC remained frantic, it seemed.

Hats off to Golden State.  I don't like the outcome, but it was impressive.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

walterfredo

:thumbsup:

(Cavs scare me though)

iLikeBeer

The rematch is on.  And with a FULLY HEALTHY Cavs team this time around!!!

I'm still on the guardedly optimistic side though.  A 54 year championship drought will do that to a person...  :undecided:

APR

I am fired up for this matchup!  It's going to be fun.

parkervb

Who we got in the Finals? 

Heart says Cavs (I dislike Draymond so much) but head says go w/ the 73-9 defending champs and the team with homecourt advantage. 

Dubs in 7
Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

JNP prediction...Cavs in 6.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

well, this has been boring.

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 06, 2016, 09:19 AM

And embarrassing!

This is the Finals for crying out loud! How in the hell can the Cavs play like that in a Championship series?
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ericm on Jun 06, 2016, 07:19 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 06, 2016, 09:19 AM

And embarrassing!

This is the Finals for crying out loud! How in the hell can the Cavs play like that in a Championship series?
That is a great question Eric....

Jackets N Pones

Warriors are clearly "daring" LeBron to shoot from the outside. He just needs to let it fly and ask questions later. Hopefully tomorrow night is a good one!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

Hell yeah!!!  The drought is OVER!!!!   :cheesy:

I kept telling myself how fitting it would be for the Cavs to end the Cleveland championship drought by becoming the first team in NBA history to come back from 3-1 down and they did indeed do just that! 

And how good is LeBron???  Nice of him to remind everyone just who is the best player on the planet!!!  When his team needed him most he stepped up HUGE with back to back 41 point games and then, a freaking triple double in Game 7!!!  Are you kidding me??? 

I got to watch the game with my 3 girls last night so that was pretty cool on Father's Day and all.  I just wish my dad was still around to share in this as well.  I tried to put in perspective of how long we've been waiting in NE Ohio for a championship.  I told them they would be 64 years old if Cleveland goes thru another drought like we just had so I think they got how big that win was!

Still in disbelief over it all and I can't wait to go to my first championship parade on Wednesday!!!   :beer:

parkervb

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jun 20, 2016, 08:26 AM
Hell yeah!!!  The drought is OVER!!!!   :cheesy:

I kept telling myself how fitting it would be for the Cavs to end the Cleveland championship drought by becoming the first team in NBA history to come back from 3-1 down and they did indeed do just that! 

And how good is LeBron???  Nice of him to remind everyone just who is the best player on the planet!!!  When his team needed him most he stepped up HUGE with back to back 41 point games and then, a freaking triple double in Game 7!!!  Are you kidding me??? 

I got to watch the game with my 3 girls last night so that was pretty cool on Father's Day and all.  I just wish my dad was still around to share in this as well.  I tried to put in perspective of how long we've been waiting in NE Ohio for a championship.  I told them they would be 64 years old if Cleveland goes thru another drought like we just had so I think they got how big that win was!

Still in disbelief over it all and I can't wait to go to my first championship parade on Wednesday!!!   :beer:

to do it the way they did it has to make it even more sweet. Lebron's block is probably the singular greatest defensive play in the HISTORY of the NBA.  His last 3 games will go down as the greatest 3 game stretch in the playoffs off all time. He has passed Larry Bird as the greatest 3 of all time (IMO).  Just wow.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 20, 2016, 09:10 AM

to do it the way they did it has to make it even more sweet. Lebron's block is probably the singular greatest defensive play in the HISTORY of the NBA.  His last 3 games will go down as the greatest 3 game stretch in the playoffs off all time. He has passed Larry Bird as the greatest 3 of all time (IMO).  Just wow.

Totally did!  I mean, I knew Golden State came back from 3-1 down vs. OKC which was also impressive, but they had game 7 at the Oracle.  For the Cavs to do it by winning 2 of 3 at Golden State is all the more impressive!

And I also agree that LeBron pretty much cemented his name among the legends with that finals performance.  How's this for a stat line?  He led both teams statistically in Points, Rebounds, Blocks, Assists and Steals over the entire series!!!   :shocked:  Not even MJ can boast those kinds of numbers... 

Tracy 2112

Bill Burr's thoughts on Stephen Curry (and soccer)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

APR

I hope the finals make up for all these blowouts and boring series.  The way the Cavs are playing, I don't think Golden State will be a huge favorite.  They look good all the time, but the Spurs don't have Leonard or Parker.