Month of Sundays quest

Started by amskinz, Jun 03, 2016, 09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amskinz

Sorry to hijack for my own personal gain...
I've spent the last three weeks working on a hardcore vinyl collector to acquire his copies of the Did You Bury Yourself Again? LP (with the plain black sleeve) and the School's Out 7". It took a lot of patience and finessing, but we were finally able to come to a deal that involved me giving him some records and cash for them. Luckily we live a reasonable distance from each other and he was coming right near me for other business, so we planned to meet for the transaction. Yesterday was the day. I get there, he has the records in hand. We have a nice conversation for a couple minutes about the albums involved in the deal, bands we love, etc. When the time came to make the swap he tells me he's gonna need $50 more than we agreed on. I didn't know how to feel. I was obviously caught off guard, confused, angry, let down b/c I didn't have the money on me. But most of all I felt cheated. I politely as I could told him I could no longer do the deal. Being the hardcore collector he was, he was completely unfazed. I'm guessing he never wanted to part with them to begin with.
Now, mentally exhausted from all I put into this, I come here looking for anyone that may have either of these they'd be comfortable parting with. I know there's an original art sleeved LP on Discogs, but I just can't pay the $150 they're asking.
As always, any help is appreciated!
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

johnnYYac

Well, that's bullshit!  Sorry it didn't work out.  I don't have the DYBYA LP, either.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SplatSplatSplat

Wow, $150? I have both but I'm not sure it's the same pressing you're after. If it is, I guess sitting on them all these years was worth it.
You need it.  That's for sure.

amskinz

The one that's listed for $150 is one from the early part of the run. It had a picture sleeve. They apparently ran out of those and had to use a plain black sleeve for the rest. I was going for the plain sleeve which seems to get considerably less. I'd be happy with either. The vinyl itself is what I'm after. I'm not about getting every special kind of every release (yet).
Still looking though...

danz

amskinz

Crispy

Quote from: amskinz on Jul 08, 2016, 04:51 PM
Quote from: danz on Jul 08, 2016, 02:35 PM
this?
That's the one! You're a lucky man danz.

Lucky, as well as extremely diligent.  :thumbsup:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Cameron

I have that from when it went on sale. It's worth something?

Crispy

Quote from: Cameron on Jul 08, 2016, 09:01 PM

Not really. I'll trade you a cool coffee mug for it!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

rkwedge

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 08, 2016, 09:16 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Jul 08, 2016, 09:01 PM

Not really. I'll trade you a cool coffee mug for it!
Now that's funny :thumbsup: :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Don't drink coffee or I might have. Forgot I had it until I saw this thread. I think I've spun it once.

Hoptimus Prime

Man...  I have had "Skipping Song" on repeat all morning...
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

danz

If anyone is looking, I'm willing to part with my MOS vinyl (I think I have them all).  PM me..

jttouch2

Quote from: danz on Dec 14, 2018, 11:55 AM
If anyone is looking, I'm willing to part with my MOS vinyl (I think I have them all).  PM me..

PM sent