Where are the live dowloads?

Started by apruem, Oct 23, 2015, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Red Rocks will certainly be released, I mean why NOT?!?!?!? WHY NOT!??!?! Even if they're preparing additional official live releases (OKONOKOS II BABY)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

amskinz

Finally got my free 2016 Roll Call download code yesterday. Made me jump on the site immediately thinking something new was added. Silly wishful thinking.
Still waiting...
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

johnnYYac

I've inquired as to the prospect of some new shows being added.  As I've said, I have two "free" download codes and at least one will expire at year's end.   I already have all of the shows available on LiveDownloads, so... I'll let you know what I find out.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 27, 2016, 06:29 PM
I've inquired as to the prospect of some new shows being added.  As I've said, I have two "free" download codes and at least one will expire at year's end.   I already have all of the shows available on LiveDownloads, so... I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm right there with you, John and came here to see what the word was on this. Thanks for getting on this for us! I guess if worse comes to worst, I can upgrade my Bonnaroo '04 and Bonnaroo '05 shows from MP3 (the only quality that used to be available for them) to FLAC...but I'd rather get some new/old releases! Let's all hope out loud...GIVE US SOME NEW "OFFICIAL BOOTLEGS"!!!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Crispy

Just a heads-up here, the codes are only good for mp3 downloads, not flacs.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Mr. White

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 28, 2016, 10:55 AM

Yeah, thanks Crispy. The first couple of years, I just gave my codes away to somebody, since I had gotten the FLAC-HD ones instead. Then, last year, johnnYYac said you could apply the money (around $10) to the cost of the more expensive FLAC's. It worked for me. When I cashed out, I only had to pay the few dollars difference.

I sure hope they do release a couple of shows soon.

walterfredo

only reason I can see for them having not released anything new/recent at all is to get the fans salivating for new live stuff...and ready to throw down dollars when this new live album happens.  Pretty smart strategy if that is actually the case.

Crispy

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 28, 2016, 02:17 PM

Yeah, thanks Crispy. The first couple of years, I just gave my codes away to somebody, since I had gotten the FLAC-HD ones instead. Then, last year, johnnYYac said you could apply the money (around $10) to the cost of the more expensive FLAC's. It worked for me. When I cashed out, I only had to pay the few dollars difference.

Hmm, I tried it with flacs in my cart and redeeming the code at checkout, and nothing happened. Maybe something changed with that, or it's glitchy. It sure would be nice to get some new shows on there!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

APR

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 28, 2016, 03:09 PM

Hmm, I tried it with flacs in my cart and redeeming the code at checkout, and nothing happened. Maybe something changed with that, or it's glitchy. It sure would be nice to get some new shows on there!

I too have everything and would love to use my new code for some new old shows to be posted on the site.

Mr. White

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 28, 2016, 03:09 PM

You might be right about the site changing. I remember the Bonnaroo shows disappeared for a while and only recently showed back up (upgraded to FLAC along with the usual MP3). I only did it that way one time, so it might not work that way anymore.

MOWJO8185

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 28, 2016, 03:09 PM
only reason I can see for them having not released anything new/recent at all is to get the fans salivating for new live stuff...and ready to throw down dollars when this new live album happens.  Pretty smart strategy if that is actually the case.

I can see this being the case, although it feels misguided to me. I think MMJ probably has two types of fans - those who are diehard and are going to buy everything regardless, and those more casual fans who probably don't even know that the live downloads series exist, but would come across and purchase a more "official" live album. It just doesn't feel like they are at risk of cannibalizing their own sales based on the fan base.

But if that is the case - I'd like to see them release a Jim James show from his solo tour while we wait for the official MMJ release. I know we have the Sleep No More show, which is great, but I would really like a show that features the encore with the MOF/New Multitudes material.

Lonndown27

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jul 28, 2016, 04:09 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 28, 2016, 03:09 PM

meh...Jim's solo shit is awesome but.....the way the Jacket does Jim solo? when I hear the Jacket doing State of The Art it's like....what's the point, Jim? Why do you need any other vehicle? It's about the Jacket for me, man.

I can see this being the case, although it feels misguided to me. I think MMJ probably has two types of fans - those who are diehard and are going to buy everything regardless, and those more casual fans who probably don't even know that the live downloads series exist, but would come across and purchase a more "official" live album. It just doesn't feel like they are at risk of cannibalizing their own sales based on the fan base.

But if that is the case - I'd like to see them release a Jim James show from his solo tour while we wait for the official MMJ release. I know we have the Sleep No More show, which is great, but I would really like a show that features the encore with the MOF/New Multitudes material.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Has anyone ever gotten an answer as to why they stopped doing this? I know they've been releasing the OBH shows which I'm super grateful for, but I'm wondering why they stopped at that. They released a 2008 show in 2015, so I would assume they're capable of releasing older shows from the archives.

Not touring is one thing. Ceasing to release "new" music is another. I'm just curious if anyone knows why they stopped. It was so awesome when a new show would pop up randomly. I really really miss that.

jttouch2

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Apr 14, 2019, 12:49 PMHas anyone ever gotten an answer as to why they stopped doing this? I know they've been releasing the OBH shows which I'm super grateful for, but I'm wondering why they stopped at that. They released a 2008 show in 2015, so I would assume they're capable of releasing older shows from the archives.

Not touring is one thing. Ceasing to release "new" music is another. I'm just curious if anyone knows why they stopped. It was so awesome when a new show would pop up randomly. I really really miss that.

I wish I knew. Carl mentioned putting up his 10/7/18 Nashville show on Nugs, but still hasn't done so and I really wish he would.

millerjustin

live show releases tend to be tied to the scale of venue, whether it sells out early and the amounts the promoter, label and band are willing to invest.  OBH has built-in budget for capturing soundboards and getting them edited for release in a couple months' time.  (Ryan Pickett can probably speak to this more specifically, especially since he's the guy that ultimately cleans the stuff up for release).
What's in here won't disappear

RobRoy286

Yeah and I truly don't know about the logistics of all that. I just know I'd still pay $10-15/show if they were just straight soundboard rips. A lot of bands who I assume aren't as lucrative as MMJ release more shows.

Hopefully Red Rocks this year gets released! 2016 was my first and only time to Red Rocks and I kinda got my hopes up that it'd be released since 2012 and 2015 were. That being said, Pat Myers is a God and his audio/video is always on point. Lockn was webcast, but I would love to have audio that I could stream on my phone.

Take my money (and not my drugs), MMJ!

millerjustin

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Apr 15, 2019, 03:02 PMYeah and I truly don't know about the logistics of all that. I just know I'd still pay $10-15/show if they were just straight soundboard rips. A lot of bands who I assume aren't as lucrative as MMJ release more shows.

Hopefully Red Rocks this year gets released! 2016 was my first and only time to Red Rocks and I kinda got my hopes up that it'd be released since 2012 and 2015 were. That being said, Pat Myers is a God and his audio/video is always on point. Lockn was webcast, but I would love to have audio that I could stream on my phone.

Take my money (and not my drugs), MMJ!

here's lockn for ya

https://youtu.be/0wmImW7qWPc
What's in here won't disappear