OBH2017 - Craft Beer Party?

Started by Woldie, Nov 01, 2016, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woldie

I haven't been on the forum much lately - is anyone coordinating the third installment of the OBH Craft Beer Extravaganza?
"The owls are not what they seem."

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

yes - I've started discussing with others and will likely host (we have a suite with another couple at stage front).  I'll bring the Heady Topper, Tree House and Lawsons ;)

Are you guys in MMJ Fan Club or OBF on FB?  If so, I'll send out an Event Invite soon - waiting to see the music schedule and activities they will be having so we can avoid conflicts

What's in here won't disappear

sillyboob

I'm part of MMJ Fan Club on FB.  Also on the OBH page as well. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Woldie

I'm only on here, but we're still friends on FB, Justin.

Did you host this during OBHs 1 & 2? It seems so long ago...
"The owls are not what they seem."

millerjustin

Quote from: Woldie on Nov 02, 2016, 07:23 PM

I attended the first year, but I think I missed the beer share at OBH2 (probably side tracked sharing something else lol).  Will def bump this post when we firm up plans so no one gets missed

now I'm going home to drink some Trillium - cheers!!!

dr_trousers

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 03, 2016, 05:30 PM
Quote from: Woldie on Nov 02, 2016, 07:23 PM

You from the Boston area? I was reading this thread and thinking I could bring some Merlcher St that I was drinking on tap last night.

I attended the first year, but I think I missed the beer share at OBH2 (probably side tracked sharing something else lol).  Will def bump this post when we firm up plans so no one gets missed

now I'm going home to drink some Trillium - cheers!!!

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

bpmac79

London-town based. Will try and bring something unique!

slappymoe

Forgive the ignorance of this infrequent flyer, but how does one go about transporting beer to the Hard Rock Riviera Maya?

walterfredo

Quote from: slappymoe on Nov 28, 2016, 10:27 AM
Forgive the ignorance of this infrequent flyer, but how does one go about transporting beer to the Hard Rock Riviera Maya?

pack into your checked bag.

slappymoe

Ah, checked bag. I managed to make it with just a carry on last time, was planning to do the same this time.

Seems simple enough, though. Thanks!

walterfredo

Quote from: slappymoe on Nov 28, 2016, 12:50 PM
Ah, checked bag. I managed to make it with just a carry on last time, was planning to do the same this time.

yes, cannot bring in a carry on. So you'll have to decide if it's worth it to pay for a checked bag. Also, I can't recall the amount, but you can only bring a certain amount of fluid ounces, I want to say it was the equivalent of about 3 large format bottles.

millerjustin

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 28, 2016, 01:17 PM

yes, cannot bring in a carry on. So you'll have to decide if it's worth it to pay for a checked bag. Also, I can't recall the amount, but you can only bring a certain amount of fluid ounces, I want to say it was the equivalent of about 3 large format bottles.

definitely checked bag - not certain on limits - an empty poster tube can double as a handy and sturdy can carrier - you can also pack individually in sealed bags and then into a soft cooler inside your checked bag.  I'm hoping to bring at least 6 16-oz cans (Tree House, Trillium and Alchemist so I can share the holy trinity of NE juice bombs)

Derek713

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 28, 2016, 04:39 PM

definitely checked bag - not certain on limits - an empty poster tube can double as a handy and sturdy can carrier - you can also pack individually in sealed bags and then into a soft cooler inside your checked bag.  I'm hoping to bring at least 6 16-oz cans (Tree House, Trillium and Alchemist so I can share the holy trinity of NE juice bombs)

Poster tube, great idea! Count me and my wife in. Any Texas requests?

millerjustin

Quote from: Derek713 on Nov 29, 2016, 10:55 AM

I've heard good things about Deep Ellum if you can get it

Update - I looked at TSA rules for transporting beer - definitely checked bags only and up to 3 Liters total per person is OK without declaring (and has to be below 12%ABV - rules change for alcohol over 24 proof for some reason).  So, up to 6 16-oz cans or 4 750ml bottles is OK.

You could effectively double that if you're travelling as a couple (I have some doubts that Mrs. Miller wants to sacrifice the space or weight, but I'll try my best ;)

Derek713

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 29, 2016, 03:03 PM
Quote from: Derek713 on Nov 29, 2016, 10:55 AM

I've heard good things about Deep Ellum if you can get it

Update - I looked at TSA rules for transporting beer - definitely checked bags only and up to 3 Liters total per person is OK without declaring (and has to be below 12%ABV - rules change for alcohol over 24 proof for some reason).  So, up to 6 16-oz cans or 4 750ml bottles is OK.

You could effectively double that if you're travelling as a couple (I have some doubts that Mrs. Miller wants to sacrifice the space or weight, but I'll try my best ;)

Yeah, Deep Ellum is no problem. Most of the good Texas stuff comes in 12 oz, so we should be able to bring a nice variety with 16 beers.

werduga

I'm in and can bring Atlanta/Athens beers.  Probably the 2 biggest names in Georgia are Creature Comforts and the new Scofflaw beers are excellent too

spacewolf

I'd love to get in on this. I have a little brewery in Baltimore (www.unioncraftbrewing.com). I'll bring some suds for you guys to try. Just about to drop this next week (please don't repost anywhere yet  :thumbsup:)

And...Hey Walterfredo! Hope you're well buddy.

Crispy

Awesome, spacewolf!

I just picked up a couple of Prairie Pirate Noirs, so I'll be bringing one of those plus a couple other Okie selections.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."