Roll Call: No download code and no 7" single

Started by bowwowmeowmeow, Feb 16, 2017, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowwowmeowmeow

I renewed my Roll Call in July 2016, but I haven't received the live show download code or the holiday 7". UnWonderful Union's response:

"We have not received the End of the year bonus items to begin fulfilling orders. Upon receipt of the merchandise your order will be shipped...

If the code is available it will be included with your end of the year vinyl."

What do they mean "If"? This is the 4th or 5th order -- I've lost count -- that WU has screwed up and I've had to contact them about. Now they're passing the blame onto MMJ. Is there anybody else I can speak to in the organization? It never used to be like this.

johnnYYac

Download codes usually come via email.  I received mine, but I already had all the shows available and no new shows were added in 2016, except a Carl solo show. 

I believe all download codes expired on 12/31/16. 

Very few people are happy with WU's management of the Roll Call fan club.  The band hears about it regularly from fans, management does read the Forum from time to time, or they have in the past. 

I feel your pain.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bowwowmeowmeow

Well *I* know that download codes come by email at the time of purchase because I've been a member for years now, but UnWonderful Union begs to differ. This shit show is really coming to head. I've only been in a handful of paid fan clubs over the years, but they have always erred on the side of the fans. This is an embarrassment and WU accepts no responsibility.

searchinbig

Maybe the band has suspended their relationship (hopefully) with blunderful and have another source.

Starting to wonder at this point if this is the reason we have not heard about 2017 RC renewal.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

justbcuzido

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 17, 2017, 07:02 AM

Maybe the band has suspended their relationship (hopefully) with blunderful and have another source.

Starting to wonder at this point if this is the reason we have not heard about 2017 RC renewal.

That would be nice.. I hope we get our 7" before they suspend their relationship though.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Derek713

Deluxe 7" Vinyl Update

Hello,
If you are receiving this message, it's because you purchased a Roll Call Deluxe Membership Package in 2016. We hope you've enjoyed the perks of membership and wanted to give you an update about the exclusive 7" vinyl included with your Deluxe package.
Due to an industry-wide delay, the remaining 7" albums are expected to ship the third week of March. If you've recently moved or need to change the shipping address we have on file, please contact Fan Support to update it.
Thank you,
Roll Call HQ
Wonderful Union
120 K St 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814

MMJTX

well at least we know that there will be one!
Anytime

buymycar

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 16, 2017, 05:54 PM

I believe all download codes expired on 12/31/16. 

When I saw that download codes were disappearing from people's accounts, I copied mine before my membership expired. I tried it just now, and it still works. I don't know how much longer it will work, but it didn't expire on 12/31/16.

bowwowmeowmeow

Good to know, but WU never sent me one with my 2016 renewal. Instead they claim it may come with my 7". Which at this point is either wrong or a lie.

CountSA

One of my codes disappeared from my Dashboard recently.  I opened a "Chat" with WU and they provided another code for me.

bowwowmeowmeow

Good to know. I guess I'll try WU again.

millerjustin

I used mine this morning (membership expires next week)
What's in here won't disappear

easy way

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 06, 2017, 11:47 AM

What did you get?
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

millerjustin

Quote from: easy way on Mar 06, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 06, 2017, 11:47 AM

What did you get?

12/02/2011 Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA and 11/14/2011 Paradiso, Amsterdam, NL   

couldn't decide so I got both
What's in here won't disappear

DaydreamNation

Really would love to have the download code I was promised even if I never get the vinyl. I was a first-time roll call purchaser last May. Don't see anything in my dashboard. Any suggestions?
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

teej

So here we are at the end of March and still no indication that the 7" vinyl has been shipped or will be shipped. It is now nearly five months overdue.   :huh:

CountSA

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Mar 25, 2017, 01:50 PM
Really would love to have the download code I was promised even if I never get the vinyl. I was a first-time roll call purchaser last May. Don't see anything in my dashboard. Any suggestions?

Log into your account and open up a chat with WU - I think it's a green button on the bottom of the main MMJ page.

Mr. White

Quote from: teej on Mar 30, 2017, 04:17 PM
So here we are at the end of March and still no indication that the 7" vinyl has been shipped or will be shipped. It is now nearly five months overdue.   :huh:

It's now the evening of April 5th, and I still keep coming home and checking the mailbox each and every day thinking maybe today will be the day my MMJ record comes. Am I being stupid, or what ...? End of the year bonus item shouldn't be middle of the following year bonus item. This is kind of unreal.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

bowwowmeowmeow

Response yesterday:

Venae (Wonderful Union Fan Support)
Apr 6, 3:02 PM PDT

Hello,

We have not received the My Morning Jacket end of the year bonus vinyls to fulfill orders. Upon receipt of the merchandise your order will be shipped to the following address...

amskinz

I bet we're gonna have to wait until all the Record Store Day releases are finished for these to be done.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."