My Morning Jacket Live at Peach Music Festival on 2017-08-11

Started by Mr. White, Aug 12, 2017, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

rkwedge

Wow  :thumbsup: As usually the boys crushed these covers, just beautiful!
Thanks Ted Gakidis for this great recording and putting it up so fast, also thanks Mr. White for posting. :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

yeah, really good sounding AUD recording.
Wonder if same guy caught Magpie, Greensky and Dark Star?

kinda funny that 2 of the 3 songs he didn't know the titles for were Steam Engine and Phone Went West.

LBSUNFLWR

rkwedge

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 12, 2017, 12:10 PM

kinda funny that 2 of the 3 songs he didn't know the titles for were Steam Engine and Phone Went West.
I caught that too but I'm giving him a pass in exchange for the quality. Nothing better then a good audio taping, and yes killer Lay Low
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 12, 2017, 01:03 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 12, 2017, 12:10 PM

I caught that too but I'm giving him a pass in exchange for the quality. Nothing better then a good audio taping, and yes killer Lay Low

yes, no disrespect to taper. Very happy to be listening to this right now. Excellent run from State of the art through PWW!

Lonndown27

oh my god this is so good....that medley is one of the greatest Jacket moments ever...the moment when Jim sings "crossroads" and the crowd rises to a fever pitch and then gets even louder when they hear the faithfully multi-delay'd guitar of Carl come in, he absolutely captures one of the weirdest moments in delay ridden guitar history, with the lead guitar lines in Melissa rendered perfection by Carl's majesty. Those moments right there are in my top 20 at least of Jacket all time if not higher. I was in a huge Allman Brothers phase back in February and was really wanting Jacket to cover Melissa or Aint Wasting Time No More or even a Hot 'Lanta Whipping Post medley or Mountain Jam, something like one of those. This band LISTENS TO US. They've fulfilled a lot of our ideas or they're just on the same page with his telepathically.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018