Rarest of MMJ

Started by nosamrer, Jul 27, 2017, 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosamrer

So, I have a deep collection going, somethings I didn't opt for b/c I got the exact same recording in some other physical format but it got me wondering. What is the rarest item in the discography?

kotchishm

are you talking about vinyl or just rarities altogether?
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Lonndown27

there's a few things that are so rare they aren't even on the radar.....and I gotta say , they're insane. Not to mention all the stuff in MMJ's archive we haven't seen, either.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

dogwoody

Wasn't there a cassette tape on ebay a few years back that claimed to have been one of the first "my morning jacket" recordings, from I think Jim's dorm room in college or something? I could of course be highly misinformed.

nosamrer

Was it of Jim gargling at a Double Tree?

johnnYYac

Quote from: dogwoody on Jul 28, 2017, 11:30 AM
Wasn't there a cassette tape on ebay a few years back that claimed to have been one of the first "my morning jacket" recordings, from I think Jim's dorm room in college or something? I could of course be highly misinformed.
The tape exists, I've seen it, I know where it is, and I've heard it.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 28, 2017, 04:35 PM

But does anybody know where cassettewoman is??  :shocked:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

dogwoody

woah!!!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 28, 2017, 04:48 PM

That is a different matter. I don't even know WHO she is, let alone her current whereabouts.

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 29, 2017, 04:06 PM

That is a different matter. I don't even know WHO she is, let alone her current whereabouts.

I thought she was the one who claimed to be in possession of the famous cassette. Yeah, the only reason to know who that wacko is and her whereabouts is to stay as far away as possible!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

CountSA

Damn!  If anyone has a digital copy I'd love to hear it!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 29, 2017, 04:47 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 29, 2017, 04:06 PM

I thought she was the one who claimed to be in possession of the famous cassette. Yeah, the only reason to know who that wacko is and her whereabouts is to stay as far away as possible!
It was a different tape of demos that Jim asked us to ignore. She put it on eBay and came here to pique interest, but MMJ shut it down.

Lonndown27

this could be the second rarest, the ultimate rarest is something like Voldemort, you cant even say it exists, because it DOESNT.

https://www.discogs.com/My-Morning-Jacket-2006-2007-New-Years-Eve-Skit/release/3374954
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Murph

I have one of the signed Jim James test pressings of Regions.  I believe there is only 50, they hid one in one record store in every state, or something like that.  I found one in a record store called Looney Tunes in Long Island, NY.  It's pretttttty shhhhweeeet.

searchinbig

I know this thread is about discography, BUT........

Got the golden ticket, lucky me!
Danny Clinch photo signed by the band. Maybe only 2 of these??

http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,15886.msg287600.html#msg287600
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Lonndown27

oh my god that photo is Zeppelin-esque. That's one of the best photos of the band I've ever seen. Was it a "golden ticket" hidden i CIRCUITAL or something like that? that looks Circuital era for sure, either 2011 or 2012. Danny Clinch IS the man. He replied to an email of mine about a Ryan Adams documentary like 10 minutes after i sent it, so gracious and so open about everything. Just SO chill to the 10th power.

i guarantee the rarest Jacket items we don't even know about yet. Just imagine the wealth of recordings Jimothy has in his archives going all the way back to the mid 90s.....it's unbelievable what one can find when one looks......

mysteries mysteries, eh Rkwedge??

rkwedge

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 17, 2017, 07:06 PM
oh my god that photo is Zeppelin-esque. That's one of the best photos of the band I've ever seen. Was it a "golden ticket" hidden i CIRCUITAL or something like that? that looks Circuital era for sure, either 2011 or 2012. Danny Clinch IS the man. He replied to an email of mine about a Ryan Adams documentary like 10 minutes after i sent it, so gracious and so open about everything. Just SO chill to the 10th power.

i guarantee the rarest Jacket items we don't even know about yet. Just imagine the wealth of recordings Jimothy has in his archives going all the way back to the mid 90s.....it's unbelievable what one can find when one looks......

mysteries mysteries, eh Rkwedge??
Right on Lonn  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes