DANGER! - Political Thread

Started by headhunter, Sep 06, 2012, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

just wow.  but pretty typical for lots of unfounded Clinton "facts" get thrown around when people ask basic and honest questions about our current President's behavior and abilities (or lack thereof). 

I'd love to hear MMJ Fanatic provide a detailed response outlining the great things Trump has accomplished in 9 months as President.  I'll wait. 

And don't forget the parts about international stability, championing successful legislation, and setting an example for leadership throughout the world?  Oh, and please let's not forget about how he supports racial equality and is so effective in pulling American's together as a people - that's surely going to be the best part!

What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

facts do not matter whatsoever with this administration and its followers. They make up their own, and then those are the new facts. Or as they say...alternate facts.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 10, 2017, 01:07 PM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 09, 2017, 09:45 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 08, 2017, 11:17 PM
albeit with a little help from Comey and Russia.
Come on John!  You can't really still think this was anything but a wholesale repudiation of Hillbilly (and her mysoginist pedophile husband) who also happens to be a hapless leader (check with the families of the Benghazi victims on that one) who lies to cover her own ineptitude!  How do you like Bernie's new houses and that multiple 100K car he tools around in while failing to pay his staff minimum wage?  Meanwhile our wonderful commander in chief is refusing his salary in favor of trying to get Anerica back on track for Americans first.
You're THAT gullible?

http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-audi-8/
John--SNOPES has been debunked as unreliable c'mon man
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: millerjustin on Oct 10, 2017, 01:21 PM
just wow.  but pretty typical for lots of unfounded Clinton "facts" get thrown around when people ask basic and honest questions about our current President's behavior and abilities (or lack thereof). 

I'd love to hear MMJ Fanatic provide a detailed response outlining the great things Trump has accomplished in 9 months as President.  I'll wait. 

And don't forget the parts about international stability, championing successful legislation, and setting an example for leadership throughout the world?  Oh, and please let's not forget about how he supports racial equality and is so effective in pulling American's together as a people - that's surely going to be the best part!

How about destroying ISIS with improved rules of engagement?  How about superb disaster response to 3 different hurricane sites?  How about putting himself out there to meet and support the massacre survivors in Las Vegas?  How about policies that are kickstarting the economy and knocking unemployment numbers down to an 8 year low?  How about policies that have put >$4 trillion back into our economy.  Iknow this all news to lots of people who only watch things like the daily show or this week with John watever-his-name-is but hey are just some of the impacts President Trump has had in just 8 months

MMJ_fanatic

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 10, 2017, 11:22 AM
Not sure one sentence reminding people of the moral and at times political views of MMJ constitutes "rambling". Also, goodbye.
It's Jim's opinion, which he's entitled too, but doesn't mean he's necessarily correct.

parkervb

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 10, 2017, 03:43 PM
Come on John!  You can't really still think this was anything but a wholesale repudiation of Hillbilly (and her mysoginist pedophile husband) who also happens to be a hapless leader (check with the families of the Benghazi victims on that one) who lies to cover her own ineptitude!  How do you like Bernie's new houses and that multiple 100K car he tools around in while failing to pay his staff minimum wage?  Meanwhile our wonderful commander in chief is refusing his salary in favor of trying to get Anerica back on track for Americans first.
You're THAT gullible?

which reliable source do you get your claims from?
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Based on the videos coming out of PR, I think superb would be a strong word choice. There's a group of vets documenting their work there and they posted a video on Saturday where they stated they only had one meal and 6 bottles of water per family to distribute. Meanwhile, Trump is taking a victory lap on Twitter. (look up Jason Maddy on Facebook to see what I am talking about)

In addition, many of the gains against ISIS began before he took office (the gains in civilian deaths could be contributed to the new ROE as well, the battle for Mosul began Oct and their supposed caliphate had been shrinking for months) and there's no chance he's getting those unemployment #'s without the gains made over the previous 8 years.

And yes, the stock market is way up but he'd be wise to not take credit for it less he want to take the blame when it crashes.

The reduction in border crossings is something I think that can be attributed to DJT-driven policies so I don't want it to seem that I am incapable of giving him credit. I just think any truly honest assessment should account for things that began before he took office. From an economic standpoint, he was handed a far greater situation than his predecessor. I think that's indisputable.

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 10, 2017, 04:58 PM
which reliable source do you get your claims from?

I'm going to go with Russian-funded Facebook adds.

parkervb

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 10, 2017, 03:52 PM
Not sure one sentence reminding people of the moral and at times political views of MMJ constitutes "rambling". Also, goodbye.
It's Jim's opinion, which he's entitled too, but doesn't mean he's necessarily correct.
keep that thought in mind when you're saying things like liberal think is a mental disease...

millerjustin

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 10, 2017, 03:50 PM

How about destroying ISIS with improved rules of engagement?  How about superb disaster response to 3 different hurricane sites?  How about putting himself out there to meet and support the massacre survivors in Las Vegas?  How about policies that are kickstarting the economy and knocking unemployment numbers down to an 8 year low?  How about policies that have put >$4 trillion back into our economy.  Iknow this all news to lots of people who only watch things like the daily show or this week with John watever-his-name-is but hey are just some of the impacts President Trump has had in just 8 months

yeah, I'm sure tossing paper towels into the press pool saved lots of lives in PR.  And there's nothing any President can do to change the economy in 9 months, so you're pulling that out of your arse (FYI - Trump's first Federal Budget year just started, so Obama's policies have driven any and ALL statistics until about a month ago).

I'm not going to get sucked into this any further, man - I just feel sad that you're somehow inclined to defend Trump - and how this squares with being a fan of Jim James baffles me.

Taterbug

"You also had some very fine people on both sides,"   

That's all I got  :)

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

You're THAT gullible?

By who? Answer: everyone, which suggests to me they are dismissed by folks like you who get their weak points exposed as bullshit.

http://www.snopes.com/info/notes/politics.asp

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/snopescom/
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: millerjustin on Oct 11, 2017, 10:17 AM

yeah, I'm sure tossing paper towels into the press pool saved lots of lives in PR.  And there's nothing any President can do to change the economy in 9 months, so you're pulling that out of your arse (FYI - Trump's first Federal Budget year just started, so Obama's policies have driven any and ALL statistics until about a month ago).

I'm not going to get sucked into this any further, man - I just feel sad that you're somehow inclined to defend Trump - and how this squares with being a fan of Jim James baffles me.
You're flat wrong--he's made many changes the economy is responding positively too--go check Stuart Varney's website if you think the 4+ trillion number is a figment. 
Not sure what you're smoking to issue a comment like that about being a fan and being conservative but opinions, as they say, are like assholes--"if you wanna come off like one feel free to attack people personally when you disagree with facts they present that challenge your vesion of reality"
I've been here on this forum and promoting MMJ a lot longer than you so you can take your judgment about me as a fan a shove it all the way to your molars.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 11, 2017, 03:11 PM
You're THAT gullible?

By who? Answer: everyone, which suggests to me they are dismissed by folks like you who get their weak points exposed as bullshit.

http://www.snopes.com/info/notes/politics.asp
They are flat unreliable and biased :
https://wearechange.org/shady-fact-checking-sources-snopes-politifact-debunked/

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 11, 2017, 10:10 AM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 10, 2017, 03:52 PM
keep that thought in mind when you're saying things like liberal think is a mental disease...

Sorry but all these posts insinuating that fans of the band who hold the same views politically as the band does are somehow magically superior to those who have differing opinions is just ridiculous and specious.  The point of this site (used to be) celebrating the greatness of this magical group and it worked.  Somewhere the site decided to let this type of thread in and that the majority of forums ban:  political threads.  Nuff said let's all get back to MMJ love

johnnYYac

FYI, I've merged the two political threads into this one.

I agree that political discourse, or whatever these last few days have been, might not be welcomed on a forum dedicated to My Morning Jacket. However, the 1st Amendment exists and many fans of MMJ are politically active and opinionated.

As always, keep it respectful and keep it here.

Oh, and Trump sucks bigly!

millerjustin

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Oct 11, 2017, 03:12 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Oct 11, 2017, 10:17 AM

You're flat wrong--he's made many changes the economy is responding positively too--go check Stuart Varney's website if you think the 4+ trillion number is a figment. 
Not sure what you're smoking to issue a comment like that about being a fan and being conservative but opinions, as they say, are like assholes--"if you wanna come off like one feel free to attack people personally when you disagree with facts they present that challenge your vesion of reality"
I've been here on this forum and promoting MMJ a lot longer than you so you can take your judgment about me as a fan a shove it all the way to your molars.

I live in Albany - feel free to stop by any time and we can finish this discussion in person.

millerjustin

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 12, 2017, 01:08 PM
millerjustin, seems the white supremacist sympathizer/enabler who keeps denigrating people who don't seem to want to jump on the racist/nationalistic bandwagon they are espousing is having a moment of psychic crisis/breakdown right now. They are engaging in a lot of projection. I've never tried to brag on here as to what kind of super-fan I may or may not be, however, they seemed to be convinced that my simple comments reminding them (and anyone else who might not know or remember) that all the members of MMJ (and most of the bands, friends, family members they hang out with) are against racist, sexist, xenophobic, bigoted, Drumpf. I was making this point to emphasize the fact that dogging and degrading the mass amount of MMJ fans on here who are either liberal, left-leaning, or even Progressive, is suggesting they are idiots and fools and need to forget what they know to be the truth and fall in line with the new racist ideology that has gained temporary control of our national government. I never said I'm a superior fan or even mentioned anything remotely approaching this. I never said I was better than anyone else or have done anything to support MMJ more than them. Seems they were heavily involved with the early promotion and success of MMJ (said so in a couple of posts/replies), so I must bow to their seniority.

I've got to get back to work but will revisit this a bit later.

yeah, apparently getting into MMJ first totally rationalizes any viewpoint and belligerent behavior, right? 

Thanks Mr. White - we're on the same page buddy.  No need to engage with this fool any more.  The most likely ironic part is that he's advocating against his own self-interests and/or overcompensating for inherent racist leanings (and/or Trump-like hands lol)

johnnYYac

The thing is, I've always liked MMJ_fanatic as a Jacket fan and Forum pal. He's a fellow New Englander and I'm pretty sure we've met before. We can still use our shared love of MMJ as the basis of a friendship, despite disagreeing about politics.

Still, this is a My Morning Jacket fan forum, and the band is politically active. Having one thread to contain political discussions and debate seems reasonable.

One thing I've learned is that even liberals need to get out of their bubble, try to coax conservatives out of theirs, and have a dialog to find common ground. I don't believe the mainstream media is "fake", but we should free ourselves from 24 hour "Breaking News" and listen to each other... with love and respect.