NEW Chocolate and Ice EP pressing - "HALF AND HALF"

Started by johnnYYac, Nov 30, 2017, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

You said to yourself, "Y'know, I've only got 6 or 7 versions of this great MMJ EP on vinyl... When is Badman Records gonna come up with a new variation in a limited pressing?"

:drum:

Your dream has come true! Introducing the "Half and Half" vinyl pressing of Chocolate & Ice, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of its original release. Only $18.99 with Free Shipping!

:shocked:

https://badmanrecordingco.com/products/copy-of-my-morning-jacket-chocolate-and-ice-new-splatter-pattern-vinyl-free-u-s-shipping

From Badman Records:

To celebrate the 15 year anniversary of My Morning Jacket's Chocolate and Ice, we are releasing a gorgeous "Half and Half" Magenta and Black version of this classic album on vinyl. This 1,000 piece limited edition will not be repressed in this color scheme.  $18.99 with shipping included to U.S. addresses.  The purchase of this LP does not include a digital download of the album.

* We ship all LPs in new, perfect condition.  Each LP is packed with 12" cardboard padding and placed in an LP specific cardboard mailer.  USPS does occasionally bang up our boxes.  Though we take great care in packing your LPs, we cannot be responsible for damage that occurs in route to your address.  We will place this LP into a white sleeve and include the thick clear vinyl jacket in the package. For international orders, choose "International LP" during checkout.

Mahalo.

:thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJCOBRA

I wish they would issue one with the actual cover. Those clear covers are awful. Ordered any way. Thanks John. 

justbcuzido

Badman will forever milk this release. Is this all they own still?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Lonndown27

they should milk the release IN A GOOD WAY! Re-issue the CD and vinyl with the actual packaging, expand the packaging, put some cool photos from the period in there and ask the Jacket if they can release a Chocolate and Ice tour show from October 2002 as a second disc. This wouldn't be too hard and would actually get people to buy this in droves. I already have two Chocolate and Ice EPs like this.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

justbcuzido

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 03, 2017, 06:14 PM
they should milk the release IN A GOOD WAY! Re-issue the CD and vinyl with the actual packaging, expand the packaging, put some cool photos from the period in there and ask the Jacket if they can release a Chocolate and Ice tour show from October 2002 as a second disc. This wouldn't be too hard and would actually get people to buy this in droves. I already have two Chocolate and Ice EPs like this.

I think the issue is they probably don't have the rights to put all of that extra stuff on it (my assumption). This is most likely why they just keep releasing a different splatter version of the same music with no other features. I mean the packaging itself is horrible with the clear covers.

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Lonndown27

Quote from: justbcuzido on Dec 04, 2017, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 03, 2017, 06:14 PM

I think the issue is they probably don't have the rights to put all of that extra stuff on it (my assumption). This is most likely why they just keep releasing a different splatter version of the same music with no other features. I mean the packaging itself is horrible with the clear covers.

hahahah absolutely what i was thinking too
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

subinai

i hate the clear covers too - have had issues with weird residue on the records from them.

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Dec 13, 2017, 12:57 PM
i hate the clear covers too - have had issues with weird residue on the records from them.
I've moved all of them to paper sleeves for that reason.

By the way, a few days ago I did an inventory of the entire collection of Chocolate and Ice pressings. I believe I have them all (in part, thanks to the generosity of Badman Records), displayed in order of release to the best of my recollection...

subinai

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 13, 2017, 02:49 PM

By the way, a few days ago I did an inventory of the entire collection of Chocolate and Ice pressings. I believe I have them all (in part, thanks to the generosity of Badman Records), displayed in order of release to the best of my recollection...

good looking line up, yac!

how did you remove the residue from the records? i have read that wood glue works (applying the wood glue to the record, letting it dry, and peeling it off) but i havent tried it yet. i think i'm going to go the paper sleeve route.

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Dec 13, 2017, 05:18 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 13, 2017, 02:49 PM

good looking line up, yac!

how did you remove the residue from the records? i have read that wood glue works (applying the wood glue to the record, letting it dry, and peeling it off) but i havent tried it yet. i think i'm going to go the paper sleeve route.
I wasn't particularly successful. I tried a record washer before moving them into the paper sleeves, but have noticed the residue problem only exists (for me) with the first few pressings. I need to give 'em each a spin to see if I can rate them for listen-ability.